If you are an FBI Agent, don't pack and dance.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by HK_User, Jun 8, 2018.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

2. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

techsar and HK_User like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Did he pull the trigger while picking up the firearm, or was that one of those drop test fail discharges? If drop test fail, I'd like to know what he was carrying.

HK_User likes this.
  4. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

He pulled the trigger it didn't discharge until he picked it up... FBI agents are authorized to carry their service weapon off duty... which I assume he was, but he needs to practice his back flip a little more!
    I hope he is no longer in the Department.

Rancher

ochit and HK_User like this.
  5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

He is being charged. His career is done.

HK_User likes this.
  6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I assume alcohol might have been involved...

HK_User likes this.
  7. HK_User

Accidental Discharge.

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

No. Negligent. I am pretty well convinced that there is no such thing as an AD.

9. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Can a monkey "like" this more than once?

Borrego, GrayGhost and HK_User like this.
  10. ochit

ochit Monkey+

Some people's duties require to be on call or available 24/7

I agree, no accident. modern firearms have safeguards, unless the finger follows through until the sear releases the firing pin or hammer travel is blocked. A few models m8ght discharge if dropped altering / changing parts (trigger jobs) . the only reason I mention this is for the accidental readers context, All moving parts require proper pressure to operate as designed. Drop in trigger kits / spring kits from reputable companies should not be a problem, but there is always that one time dirt cold improper lubricant and an accidental discharge could happen.

This is why agencies have an approved firearms list and for many it is mandatory to supply agents or officers their weapons and no personal weapons are allowed or limited. some departments go as far as to supply or approve holsters and other equipment due to liability safety and security concerns,

I do feel for him, I hope the victim is not permanently harmed as well I know this agents career is shot (pun intended) but hopefully his life is not ruined. I fear that once lawyers are involved he and the victim and agency cannot iron it out.

I don't think Dancing with the Stars will take him but, Hey he could practice and get on the Voice, after If he makes a hit record he can say it's "number one with a bullet" -- Sorry I couldn't help myself,

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    HK_User likes this.
  11. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

well accidents happen, especially with alcohol and dancing involved:ROFLMAO:

so FBI guns don have safeties?

HK_User likes this.
  12. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

many striker fired types don't have one... most alphabet orgs now carry such... YOU are supposed to be the safety ...

so I guess... nope?

Alf60, oldawg and HK_User like this.
  13. HK_User

Yet another reason Springfield's X models now come with a decocker. a safety and a hammer.
    Then it's all up to the operator.

14. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

No Glock is safe unless it has a grip safety!

HK_User likes this.
  15. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Nope...failing to properly maintain, clean and lubricate a weapon is still negligence.

Alf60, HK_User and ghrit like this.
  16. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

That’s the stupidest thing ever. A guy dancing.

Ganado and HK_User like this.
  17. HK_User

The safety, on any weapon, is between the ears, 'nough said.

18. HK_User

Yup, even a revolver can malfunction if not maintained and that is the operator's job.

19. HK_User

The generally designation for AD is no one was injured, OTOH Negligence is when a bullet meets the flesh.
    Or so I have seen in a certain write up. Along with divers over the side looking for evidence.

20. ochit

ochit Monkey+

In context, like Mike Rowe states, "it's a dirty world out there" the longer your in it you find your weapons act like a magnet. barring keeping them in a hermetically sealed bag in the bush, it's hard to properly maintain them when your not back at the ranch.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7