Illinois CC Permit

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by stg58, Jan 2, 2014.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

While it is good that Illinois finally will be issuing CC permits they are putting up quite a few hurdles to get one and of course the Illinois way of extracting $$$$$$ for rights.

At $275 for 16 hours of training, $150+ for the state, $10 for the FOID a photo and likely a charge to be fingerprinted,in Illinois it will be an expensive and long process to get a CC permit.
    It is kind of surprising they are not requiring a DNA sample....

Applicants who are Illinois residents must have a firearm owner's identification card, 16 hours of concealed carry training, electronic copies of training certificates, a driver's license or state identification card, a recent photo, fingerprints and 10 years worth of address history handy to complete the application. The process will require applicants to obtain an Illinois digital ID — which will allow them to sign the application electronically — and pay a fee of at least $150.

Officials already are processing applications from about 900 firearms instructors who were allowed to apply early as part of the testing process.

The application — portions of which require use of the software platform Java — can be completed in less than 10 minutes, "if all the technical requirements have been met," Illinois State Police Lt. Matt Davis said. "The application has been purposely designed to be simple and intuitive."

Once an application has been submitted, local law enforcement officials will have the opportunity to object, Maton said.

State police anticipate receiving about 300,000 to 400,000 applications, based on the experiences of other states and the number of FOID cardholders in Illinois.

State police ready for concealed carry permit applications - chicagotribune.com

Class Calendar and Registration

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    tulianr likes this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey..... Moderator Site Supporter++

What is this ID card.... sounds like a means to pre-register a person that may have not have even purchased a weapon but has the intent to get a firearm. One more way to identify a person that may have weapons procured through non-standard dealers or folks who have built their own weaps. Registration is just one step closer to confiscation...might as well give them a DNA sample and submit to a proctology exam.... [reddevil]

3. stg58

In the Peoples Republic of Illinois.
    As long as you own ANY firearm you must have one and bans person to person private sales that are not approved by the state.

• It is a petty offense to possess weapons when the FOID card is expired for less than 6 months and the applicant is not otherwise disqualified from owning, purchasing, or possessing weapons. However, if the FOID card is expired for more than 6 months or the applicant is disqualified from owning, purchasing, or possessing weapons, the class of offense and penalties are increased. Law enforcement officers have the ability to check the status of a FOID card holder’s application before taking enforcement action.

430 ILCS 65/3(a-10) - Any person who is not a federally licensed firearm dealer and who desires to transfer or sell a firearm or firearms to any person who is not a federally licensed firearm dealer shall, before selling or transferring the firearms, contact the Department of State Police with the transferee's or purchaser's Firearm Owner's Identification Card number to determine the validity of the transferee's or purchaser's Firearm Owner's Identification Card. This subsection shall not be effective until January 1, 2014. The Department of State Police may adopt rules concerning the implementation of this subsection. The Department of State Police shall provide the seller or transferor an approval number if the purchaser's Firearm Owner's Identification Card is valid. Approvals issued by the Department for the purchase of a firearm pursuant to this subsection are valid for 30 days from the date of issue.

4. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Even the wording sounds dark, Orwellian.

Yard Dart likes this.
  5. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey Site Supporter

That would be Illinois for you.. Can not let New York out regulate them...

6. stg58

What is a FOID card?

The FOID card was created in 1968, by the FOID Act, as a way to identify those persons eligible to possess and acquire firearms and firearm ammunition as part of a public safety initiative in the State of Illinois. The FOID card is NOT a "conceal and carry" card.

Who needs a FOID card?

Unless specifically exempted by statute, any Illinois resident who acquires or possesses firearm or firearm ammunition within the State must have in their possession a valid Firearm Owner's Identification (FOID) card issued in his or her name. Non residents are not required to have a FOID card. New Illinois residents have sixty calendar days after obtaining an Illinois driver’s license or Illinois Identification Card to obtain a FOID card.

As stated on the FOID application, the FOID processing fee is $10.00 and is non-refundable.

With recent changes to the FOID application, what new information am I required to provide?

Each applicant for a FOID card who is over the age of 18 shall furnish to the Department of State Police either his or her Illinois driver's license number or Illinois Identification Card number.

Do I have to sign my FOID card?

Yes. The statute (430 ILCS 65/6(a)) states the contents of a FOID card "shall contain the applicant's name, residence, date of birth, sex, physical description, recent photograph, and signature".

I have a "conceal and carry" permit issued by another state. Is the permit recognized in Illinois?

No. Illinois does not recognize “conceal and carry” permits from any state. Both non-residents and residents are subject to Illinois’ law, restrictions, and penalties. For a list of other commonly asked questions on transporting firearms in Illinois, please refer to the Transport Your Firearm Legally brochure available on our website.

How do I transport a firearm through an Illinois community with an ordinance that prohibits firearms or handguns?

Illinois' Unlawful Use of Weapons law does not preempt local ordinances from banning firearms. Persons carrying or transporting firearms through such communities could be subject to local firearm ordinances. It is recommended that you contact local authorities regarding their firearm ordinances.

Do I need a valid FOID card for a muzzleloader or blackpowder gun?

Yes. In Illinois, muzzleloaders and blackpowder guns are considered firearms.

What constitutes an unloaded muzzleloading firearm?

Does Illinois have a waiting period for firearm purchases and does it apply to private sales?

Yes. Illinois law requires withholding the delivery of a concealable weapon (i.e. a handgun) for at least 72 hours and a rifle, shotgun, or other long gun for at least 24 hours. This applies for gun dealers and private sales.

7. Yard Dart

I sure am glad that Washington state does not have that FOID law on the books.... I would be moving down the road to somewhere else for sure.

8. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Monkey+

the IL State Police is vastly underestimating the carry permits that are going to be submitted .... maybe 400,000 at the very beginning but it'll easily reach 750,000 to 1M .... what the coppers refuse to acknowledge are the weapons being held in Chicago and Crook County that haven't been legally owned because of their BS rules .... they can now get a FOID without a problem and there's a HUGE interest in carrying around Crook County .....

the IL State Police cleaned up that huge backlog of FOID applications & renewals and think they're ready for the carry applications ....

that's what everybody in NY, CT, CO, CA, MA ect ect SAID .... their mouths are always bigger than their feet are fast ... betting your feet are flatter than theirs .....

the FOID has been around since 1968 ... the round up is starting soon ....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2014
    Yard Dart likes this.
  9. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

"Not required". And yet, when I go there, I can not buy ammo without a FOID card. My brother must buy the ammo.

10. Dont

Wait for it YD... If it sounds good to a liberal someplace, then those on the coast will try it...

Yard Dart likes this.
  11. Yard Dart

I know, I know, I know... I just wanted to say it because it made me feel better....not like we live in a lib infested West coast state or anything.:eek:
    Can you see my hands over my eyes....aahhhggg. :(

12. Dont

There, There, There... (Hand pat on shoulder)... Not that far to go and have a breath of relatively free air..

Yard Dart likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7