Immigration.....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rjburk, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I know no one will believe me when I say this but I have a lot of experience in this arena so I will say it anyway...
    There is no possible way to truly vet these refugees. None. So, it will be interesting to see what they come up with. Maybe they will only allow immigration to people that already have family here or only to professionals like doctors, engineers, scientists as education probably lowers the chance of them being a terrorist, not completely of course but improves the odds. I do think we should allow those in that fought besides us if there are two Americans that can witness and speak on their behalf as seems to me that is the best vetting process.

Frankly, I think we need to scale way back on immigration. I think we need to allow first the professions that our country needs and can use and then only after those first-tier have been accepted look at second and third tier, right down the line on what we as a country need. The days of give us your tired, your poor, your hungry..." are no more. We got enough of those and we're flat broke - period. Our Immigration policy is so F#$@ed up, it's a joke.

@DKR "And yet 41 other Muslim-majority countries are not impacted. Egypt, Jordan, Georgia (No, from the old Soviet), all the Afagapacrapstans... Where's the beef?"
    I completely agree. What the bad guys will do, if necessary is either wait out the ban (I mean it's only 60 or 120 days) or go to one of these other countries that are not on the ban list, where they have people that can assist or its simple to get into the country undetected then via a bribe, sympathizer, or one of the faithful get new passport issued for that country - like Turkmenistan, perfect example - then request visa. They should have ban all the Muslim countries and not put a time figure on it.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    Mountainman and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Slight technical error there, the country of origin issues a passport that allows them to leave (legally), the receiving country issues a visa that allows entry. So we, the US, have previously issued them paper that will let them in The vetting process has to start in the country of origin. It annoys me no end that we've held those previously granted visas up, but granted, we need to settle the policies and procedures, then re-open the doors, this time under control.

Now, I have to wonder about all those refugees that have invaded Europe. Do they have passports? Betcha not. It's thriving market for forgers. I wonder how many of those have proceeded from Greece into Germany, thence to here. Those are the ones we really need to ID and watch.

3. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

as I have always said to my friends bring all of our troops from every where and if the cant bring all the gear destroy it in place and line our boarders then no one that don't belong here will be made to stay away---we cannot be the worlds police force----I'm 100% behind trump on immigration

4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

It ain't the world's police force I'm worried about --- I'm damn tired, tired of being the world welfare outlet. Screw that - we are 20 billion the hole. Handing out welfare to the rest of the world is something we haven't been able to afford since the 80's.

5. Bandit99

Yes, my bad. I use 'visa' as a term for the entire process. But, I think everyone gets the gist and it's truly not that hard to do. They get a new passport and any necessary papers at whatever country they want to leave from, again, using Turkmenistan as an example or maybe even the Ukraine as it's all screwed up right now. Then they request a visa from US Consulate using the clean passport and background. Expecting the issuing country to vet is where we'll get in trouble because in some of those places all it takes is a few dollars to change from an ax murderer to a water walker. That's my concern and I just don't think they can do it. They might catch a few low-life's but the serious terrorist who has backing and money? I just don't think they can do it without a huge change to the process.

"I wonder how many of those have proceeded from Greece into Germany, thence to here."
    I do remember hearing/reading there was a large majority that don't have any papers. Has Germany issued them passports? If that is the case then they do not even need a visa to enter the USA as think Germany and America now has an agreement about that just like we (Americans) don't need a visa to enter Germany. I would like to say "Those stupid Europeans" but we even have sanctuary cities here so...

Ura-Ki and ghrit like this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Immigrants need the US.
    The US does not need unskilled immigrants who come here and do not want to lean the language or follow our rules. We have a non terrorist failed state to our south that will provide all we could ever need.
    My observation is that we get all these immigrants or refuges here fleeing their own fucked up piece of shit country then come here and want to recreate the same situation they just ran away from.
    No thanks.

7. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

??? Muslim terrorists tend to be religious ultra conservatives.....not religious ultra bleeding heart radical left "liberals".

Why Trump’s "Muslim ban" won’t stop the terrorism threat
    None of these terrorsts would have been affected by Trump's immigration travel band EO.....simply because they were already US residents or citizens and were living in America.

Even the 9/11 Hijackers would have been laughing at Trump's "immigration" EO.....none or very few of them would have been affected by it because they were not citizens or residents of any of the countries banned by Trump's EO

El Presidente Trumpet's EO is all smoke and mirrors....giving the illusion that something is being done about US immigration security, without actually doing anything that has any actual effect. If Trump was serious about tackling muslim terrorism, he'd have banned the Gulf States, and other countries that are hot beds of terrorism.....but that would be disasterous for Trump's business interests...I mean....where would the fabulously wealth Arab sheiks be staying if they were banned from the USA....certainly not at Trump Inc resorts and hotels. I call conflict of interests. ;)

Yep, Trump's EO ticks off one of the bucket list of electoral promises, 90 days will elapse and it will be business as usual....like George Bush's declaration of "War on Terror", the USA will be no more secure against terrorism than before the 90 day EO was activated.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    Mountainman likes this.
  8. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

We do not needmore people when we don't have jobs for the ones already here. We need closed borders to everybody not already here. Those people need to stay and fight for their country and not come here. We need not be paying and feeding them to come here. Yes I'm white and this country was founded by white people that knew what they were doing. Why are we trying to undo what we have fought and died for? We speak English and that should be the only language spoke here. What are you people so ashamed of? This is our country and should be run like we want it to. Close the borders,period. I'm 74 and have seen our country go down hill into a third world country. Give Trump time to sort this mess out,he is Our president,get behind him.

Mountainman and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  9. rjburk

rjburk Monkey

and all those you mention had been interviewed, known as a threat or were being watched at some point.......the people in charge were letting them run amok because the Traitor in Chief Obama did not want them arrested, deported or rights violated( Obama believes Terrorists have Rights ).....having a so called leader who wanted them here, helped them and wanted more of them here is not how you stop Terrorism either.....you can armchair quarterback this all you want from thousand of miles away....

10. GhostX

GhostX Monkey

You realize though, it's going to be the U.S. doing most of the "fixing" to those countries. The first thing they will "fix" will likely be a new central bank owned by certain families. This stuff is like a kid playing SIM city 2000; destroy everything then build it back up how you like it.

Cruisin Sloth, Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

And the downside of that is? All you need to do is rebuild such that money isn't needed.

12. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Here's the thing...one cannot be safe by strictly being on the defensive. Sooner or later your defenses will be breached. Locking down our borders is only part of what needs to be done.

Cruisin Sloth and Ura-Ki like this.
  13. chelloveck

@rjburk
    And your evidence for this assertion?....or is it just an opinion based on wild a$$ed speculation??

A wonderful example of a straw man argument....you haven't actually responded to my observations on the futility and ineffectiveness of Donaldo the Greatest's EO....you have chosen to instead to knock the stuffings out of a straw man target (Obama) instead.

Ah...I see...another variation of the "skin in the game", "dog in the race" gambit. Apparently the armchair quarterbacking of local yokels is vastly superior......[fnny]

14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

As opposed to an "Across the Pacific Ocean" Yokels Opinion... Right?

Ura-Ki likes this.
  15. chelloveck

Opinions are international...no visas or passports required.

I wasn't the one inferring that opinions "Across the Pacific Ocean" were inferior to local opinions. ;)

16. Bandit99

@chelloveck Makes a good point as does the article by VOX but I think the bigger point is this is a start.
    VOX specific point of why Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Egypt were not on the list is the real question but I believe most any that follow the news and/or have any type of background in this can answer. I believe the reason is the latter two are definitely fighting terrorism and cooperating and, more importantly, they're winning. As far as Pakistan...I've no clue, maybe counter productive. Pakistan seems to try but fails as own intelligence community undermines it.

Roughly (I didn't honestly count them) half those terrorists, or more, listed were not born here: they were nationalized. And, while I agree that this does not resolve the domestic terrorist problem it does slow the influx of new terrorists somewhat by at least closing those 7 countries (Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen) off now. It's a start. And, it is more than anyone else has done because it is politically toxic -rather more Americans die than a political hack's career. And, ALL those countries are hot beds of terrorism (God help us if Iran gets a nuke which they to continue to research). I agree MORE should have been close but he does have some of the bad ones on the list. Granted it's a good question why more countries were not closed but unlike the opposition I doubt it was business related. At least, at this point in time, I think this way as I don't see Trump as a political suit that goes to the highest bidder. Is this going to stop terrorism? No. But, it's a start. I believe in starts.

But, to add my opinion, I also think they have done it wrong in not allowing the already approved immigrants to come in but I do realize why they made that decision for even if there was one terrorist more got through...well, enough said.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    Ura-Ki likes this.
  17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Bottom line, Its Obozos fault.

Cruisin Sloth and Ura-Ki like this.
  18. chelloveck

I'm not sure about it being the bottom line, but in this place it certainly seems to be the default line. ;)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

No, I think it is the fault of "Contraians" like our down under Friend... AND the Paid Off, SnowFlakes... who "can't see the forest for the Trees". But must "Feel Good" about their Opinions, even though they are in the Minority.... and those that insist that this Nation, "The United States of America" is a Democracy... The BIG LIE.... We are NOT a Democracy, and never have been a Democracy... We ARE a Consitutional Republic.... Period... No matter what the SnowFlakes, MSM, DemonCrates, and other like minded NutJobs say.. or insist on telling whoever will listen...

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  20. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Here is but one problem! There are a very specific set ways to enter the U.S. Legally and Obummer side stepped them all in his quest to allow more in! When my wife applied for her Travel papers from the Ukraine to the U.S, she had to go through a very tough vetting process over there first, before HER country would allow her to leave, then her papers were hand carried to the U.S. Consulate where they were further scrutinized before she AND her entire family were fully vetted! Only then was she issued a Visa to travel here. Then when she actually found work, he entire process for a work visa entailed yet more vetting, and finally a marriage visa which took the least amount to trouble! Six and a half years later and she was allowed to take the test and become A U.S. Citizen! How much do any of you think this is bullshit? How many of you think that these sever requirements are actually being applied to other people from other countries? If my wife were Russian, this would not have even been possible with out a shit ton of money, so how is it even possible for other countries to have a less stressful means to do this? I just don't see any equality in how this process is working!
    As to closing our southern boarder, I see it just as likely that it will be a symbolic move as much as a real one, Make mexico pay taxes on all goods and products it sells here in the States, We do that to every one else, why not Mexico? Make it unattractive for people to want to come here, force those that are here to become citizens and learn OUR damn language and pay taxes on the work they do, if they don't like it, byby, get the f-k out! STOP allowing immigration unless it follows the law fully and completely BEFORE the person is allowed to enter the U.S. and part of the process after entering is to become documented and then they pay the taxes just like every one else, and STOP the fucking hand outs!!! If Mexico doesn't like this, F-um, cu off the finical incentives, and support to them, and they dry up real quick! A physical wall is needed to keep people from fleeing Mexico into the U.S unchecked, and that wall must be manned to enforce it! Call it old school like Berlin, but it worked there, there is no good reason it cannot work on Mexico!

Mountainman and 3M-TA3 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7