Info about Sig P320?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Bandit99, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I stuck my nose into my favorite gun shop today and lifted a Sig P320. I really liked the balance and the feel. I had the guy show me how to break it down because ease of maintenance is a high priority for me as is reliability. I was put off that the guy that broke it down couldn't get it back together correctly because the magazine wouldn't insert/lock and he had to have someone else do it, not a good start.

I did some reading and found that early on there was an issue when the firearm would accidental discharged when dropped and the US military made them do a safety modification. This turned into a Voluntary Upgrade program for the civilian world but I couldn't find if the new P320s being sold now all have this upgrade.

Anyway, I am looking for some feedback from those that have the P320 or has first-hand knowledge about them.

1. Do the Sig P320s being sold now have the safety upgrade?
    2. Will it shoot most ammo reliably?
    (I cannot tolerate a finicky handgun. It should run most ammo like a Glock.)
    3. Any quirks, problems or even like/dislike comments would help me come to a decision.

Thanks!

Ura-Ki likes this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

All Sig P320’s have the upgraded Safety System... I haven’t held one yet, but the street says they are Good to Go on that account...

Bandit99 and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I'm hearing that owners of Pre-Corrected pistols are having issues getting them serviced in a timely manor but otherwise they are good to go! That said, not really a S.I.G. fan, while I was issued the M-11 ( P-228) I was never enamored with it! Just didn't feel right, not ever shoot right for me, don't know why, but.....
    What's got you thinking S.I.G? If one may ask!

I also don't care for the HK pistols ether, in fact, most European designs seem overly engineered and complicated, with questionable results on target! Outside Beretta and the 1911, not much out there to really choose from, other then Glock, and we'll,........
    Their Glocks, nothing to get excited about!
    Oh, look, another Glock, gee, wow, oooooh, new Glock

Gator 45/70 and Bandit99 like this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I know nothing about the 320, but the 238 is dead reliable, and easy to care for and carry.

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Yeah, but it is too small to have an intimidation factor on presenting.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

50 dollar mags.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. Bandit99

@VisuTrac "50 dollar mags."
    WHAT?! Hell, that's a show stopper right there! I will have to look into that... What about Magpul, do they make a mag for it?

@BTPost "All Sig P320’s have the upgraded Safety System... ...street says they are Good to Go..."
    Thanks! I thought so but couldn't find it in black and white.

@Ura-Ki "What's got you thinking S.I.G? If one may ask!"
    I don't know. I know it's stupid. I'm a Glock guy! All my gear is for Glock. I own a pair of G19s and a G43 plus I know them inside and out and they all have been wonderful firearms...Yet... I wandered into the damn store and there was this sexy P320, dressed to the 9's in desert brown, night sights, lust at first sight. I picked her up and she felt so right, like it was meant to be, she whispered "Take me home and make me yours"...Well, now I can't stop thinking about the tart! So, I'm trying hard to fight my manly urges but it's truly testing my will power so I was hoping to hear some bad gossip about her, problems, etc...

8. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Ya can get promag for 20 bucks guaranteed to maybe work.
    But factory are going to be 50 bucks.

With that price for mags, this firearm better drive tacks and the mags need to load themselves.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. Bandit99

Yeah, I got to agree, that's simply ridiculous for a magazine... Oh well, there's a million other guns in the world. :)

10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Get a Mateba and be the coolest guy you know!
    I love mine, and .454 Casual is no joke!

Gator 45/70 and Bandit99 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7