interfaith covenant

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by OldDude49, Apr 29, 2019.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

I will not be "pushed" to any religion.

The pope needs to be defrocked, excommunicated, then released into the middle of saudi arabia...

3. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

he does not appear to be actually maintaining his religion... and it also appears he has very little knowledge regarding Islam?

according to their own writings all treaties made by their prophet were broken... some in very disturbing ways...

makes ya stop n look at revelations... hmmm... but guess we will see...

Gator 45/70, oldman11, oldawg and 3 others like this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Any merged Church would be classed the “Church of the Devil” in my book...

Alf60, Gator 45/70, oldman11 and 7 others like this.
  5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

If true it's like something out of a Mark Goodwin book.

Gator 45/70, Dont and SB21 like this.
  6. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Well ,,,, when the very last good , moral , and righteous institution bails out and signs a pact with the devil ,,, nothing left to do but send'em all to hell .
    Fk'n world has gone completely nut's .

Gator 45/70, oldman11, Zimmy and 4 others like this.
  7. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Well, reading the document, it doesn't appear to be moving towards a 'one religion' at all. It's simple a document that states they are in agreement on some points. Also, understand this Al-Azhar is Sunni Muslim, not to be confused with Shi'a (Shia or perhaps known as Shiite) so they don't have a complete agreement.

Here is a tidbit...
    "In the name of God and of everything stated thus far, Al-Azhar al-Sharif and the Muslims of the East and West, together with the Catholic Church and the Catholics of the East and West, declare the adoption of a culture of dialogue as the path, mutual cooperation as the code of conduct, reciprocal understanding as the method and standard."

Anyway, I didn't see anything about joining hands and making one happy religion but there was some interesting points, like "It is an essential requirement to recognize the right of women to education and employment, and to recognize their freedom to exercise their own political rights. Moreover, efforts must be made to free women from historical and social conditioning that runs contrary to the principles of their faith and dignity."

Actually, I think this is a good thing. I read the entire document and nothing bad that I can see, just sort of states that we should all try to get along. And, besides, it doesn't mean a damn thing anyway...

8. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Time to go for a Bike Ride.

But wait I did that today, no wonder I feel better.

Gator 45/70, oldman11, oldawg and 2 others like this.
  9. duane

duane Monkey+++

The problem is as Bandit99 said, when the Pope, who doesn't represent me, makes a deal with someone who only represents a small part of the sects in Islam, I refuse to be bound by it. I am tired of the excuse that it is only a small radical group of Muslims that are causing the problems and it is not the fault of the religion of peace. When 1 crazy individual kills one woman in a temple, it is some world wide plot and we have to shut down the radical web sites, outlaw white power, all the politicians spout the usual BS, and it is on the MSM 24 hours a day, but when an organized Muslim group of hundreds, with support from more than 1 country, lead by a priest of their religion, kills hundreds of Christians at an Easter mass, the religion of peace some how isn't responsible.It may be good politics and the words may well sound great, but it is kind of hard to win a game where you have to follow the rules and the other side doesn't. One by one we are losing our rights, and after every compromise, the next day the left or the Muslims, etc, come back and demand more and say it is our fault that we will not make a reasonable deal. The only deal they want is complete submission and their control. Iraq had a Jewish population of about 150,000 n the 1950's or so, almost all gone, few hundred or so left, up to 1.8 million Christians at it peak, been there for 2,000 years, not even able to really find out how many left as they are displaced in the country and often afraid to admit to being Christian, but estimates put it at about 200,000 or so. That is under our watch and while we at least in theory have some control over the country. It is not working to be rational honest individuals when the other side is not bound by any moral or cultural rules that we follow.

10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Church and Religion are two separate things.Church is an institution and follows all the growth, survival, and control aspects of institutions. Religion is a framework for your spiritual connection to God. The leader of an institution, religious or not, has no say in my connection to my creator. That is between me and Him.

BTPost, Gator 45/70, Bandit99 and 4 others like this.
  11. Salted Weapon

Salted Weapon Monkey+++

This is actually the dynamics for many groups here is a few.
    NRA & OFF in Oregon
    PETA
    Workers World Party
    Color of Change
    Onward Together
    New Media Ventures
    Bauman Foundation
    Arkay Foundation

Not to mention the 100's of small religious radical groups.

What these group all do is claim they represent all people within their spectrum, and truth is they represent less
    then 1%, yet get publicity of representing all or most.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I smell Heresy.

chelloveck likes this.
  13. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

kinda puts me in mind of the southeast Asian war games... lot of the same kinda shit went on back then...

point being... control the MSM and you can control what many think... even if it's a lie... Walter Cronkite anyone?

Altoidfishfins likes this.
  14. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

The idea of a break in the Jihad/Crusades sounds nice. Everyone working together for a better world sounds feasible to me as I sit here drinking free Bubble-up and eating rainbow stew.

SB21 and Tully Mars like this.
  15. Tevin

Tevin Monkey+++

Isn't it funny how stories like this appear only on obscure tin foil hat conspiracy theory websites?

Even CNN was smart enough to stay way the hell away from this one.

chelloveck likes this.
  16. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

The Roman Catholic Church has made many such agreements with many religious groups, including The Church of England, the Jews, the Eastern Orthodox Church and others. It doesn't really mean anything!

17. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Is the water worth drinking if it only has a hint of H2SO4 ?
    Seeking popularity through compromise is not Jesus/God's way.
    John 14;6, "I am the way the truth and the life ,No man comes to the Father but by me."
    Matthew 7; 21, 22, 23, Not every one that says to me Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he that doith the will of My Father which is in heaven...………………
    Jesus said , "blessed are they that do hunger and thirst after righteousness for he shall be filled".
    1. Righteousness is not knowledge wisdom, or social acceptance, it is God's direction and obedience to Him on a personal level.
    Rightness is from God's perspective. not any man's . Satan even attempted to tempt Jesus using scriptures .Mathew 4;
    2. Hungering and thirsting is a life long ambition, just as we eat and drink to live . We do not do it casually, we take it seriously and exacting IF you care about your life .
    3. Out side the guidance of the Holy Spirit one does not have Gods input to His will ,but make assumptions based on scriptures or the teaching of men ,not God .
    4. When you know the difference, then who teaches you makes a difference .
    When you don't know the difference, then human reasoning is all you got.
    God is not bound to science nor human reasoning .
    I have seen God alter the misshapen body fully restored in just a moment of time, seen God raise people from would-be death beds. repaired internal injuries and many other things the human body is in capable of even with the help of medicine or science .
    God has altered weather for the sake of those that love Him, even stop fires that were out of control .
    These who God intervenes for seek Jesus Lordship in their lives ,not that of any church leader .

OldDude49 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7