Iran, China and the PDRK - a deal

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by DKR, Oct 23, 2020.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Iran To Import North Korean missiles In 25-Year Military Deal With China | OilPrice.com

Iran & North Korea - Nuclear Proliferation Partners

and
    Iran news: Tehran imports DEADLY ballistic missiles from North Korea as arms embargo lifts (a bit of yellow press for our Commonwealth readers)

nothing too new here
    Iran: Arms and Weapons of Mass Destruction Suppliers

however this 'deal' does two things - both bad - it sends advanced (Chinese) technology to Iran and oil to PDRK, oil needed desperately for the PDRK war machine. .

The US reaction (if any) will no doubt hinge on this upcoming (2020) election and who holds the levers of power in the US.

Posted here because real events happen daily, despite the MS media ignoring the event.

Impact to the US? Minimal as we are no longer a net importer of crude and the current POTUIS is trying to pry us out of the ME. BTW - this is subject to change without notice...

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    techsar, SB21, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Minimal impact to the US? Sure, if you consider DPRK, China and Iran as our allies...
    Wake TFU...your enemies are not rolling over, they are arming one another and it isn't to protect us!
    Coincidence that the remake of Red Dawn is on (the one where DPRK invades the US)?

sec_monkey likes this.
  3. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

[ditto][ditto]

4. DKR

If the Mullahs get frisky and shoot a missile at the EU - they should remember that both the Brits and France have their own nukes....

The IAF has nuke equipped F-15Es and have made no secret they will obliterate the Iranians if provoked. You may remember the **tension** when Saddam shot SCUDs at Israel. Had those warheads held nerve gas, the mid-east would be a vastly different and radioactive place today.... That possible exchange may also have triggered a nuke exchange between the US, Russia (and China for good measure). Who knows how the Indians and Pakis would have played out...

The ME is a pool of warm gasoline and the Mullahs are playing with matches.... I'm aware that Iran is a big country - almost as big as Alaska. They have a large-ish population base (~85 million) the majority of which as young. In terms of Realpolitik, I worry more about Mexican drug cartels than the Mullahs.

Invasion of the US mainland. Just as fanciful as the original.

The biggest threat to us is any possible impact to so-called allies of the US in Europe.

This 'deal' at the behest of ChiComs just made the world a much smaller - and more dangerous - place to live.

5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well if Iran was getting ballistic missiles that actually worked I would probably join an alliance with Isreal too.
    The only way you're going to get you ass kicked by Isreal is by attacking them.
    If you don't have any reason to attack Isreal and have no need to get your ass handed to you, might as well form an alliance.

6. nkawtg

nkawtg Monkey+++

China has been working very closely with Iran on its nuclear program and ballistic missiles. Remember back when Covid hit Iran, it started with the Chinese contingent in Iran and spread like wildfire.

7. DKR

China inks deal with Iran

That draft detailed $400 billion of Chinese investments to be made in dozens of fields, including banking, telecommunications, ports, railways, health care and information technology, over the next 25 years. In exchange, China would receive a regular — and, according to an Iranian official and an oil trader, heavily discounted — supply of Iranian oil.

Sanctions are killing Iran and the mullahs. China just tossed them a lifeline.

Will US food soon find its way to Iran via China???

SB21 likes this.
  8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

No. Chinese food will get to Iran, while US food is consumed in China. There is a quality perception, not to mention eating the great satan's food for fear of deliberate contamination to poison the Iranians.

Thus spake me, and maybe me only.

mysterymet and SB21 like this.
  9. DKR

Great Satan chow, for food raised on a Superfund site i China...some choice...

ghrit likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7