Iran

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BenP, Jun 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

they might believe some of their own propaganda about the mahdi, anyhow it dont matter we can take care of em

the multi thousand year persian reich is about to come to an end if POTUS gives the order

sadly it does not look good for the hostages, but we do not expect many other casualties if the plan werks

SB21, Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Send in Dennis Rodman,Lets see how well he does in that place?

3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Speaking specifically of recent events, I do not see any reason for the USA to get involved in a shooting war with Iran unless we or, in some specific cases, our allies are attacked. And, I haven't heard that happening as of yet... Yes, Iran is guilty of a lot of bad things throughout the past years but those are years past and we are speaking and acting in the present.

So, what have they done recently to us or ours to justify a war? Bombed some tankers? Do we know 100% it was the Iranian government and not some other entity that wants it to look like Iran? Were they our tankers? Please remember the daughter of the Kuwaiti Ambassador that testified in front of the US Congress, teary-eyed, how Iraqis soldiers were dumping Kuwaiti babies out of their incubators onto the floor...a complete and total lie, pure propaganda to insight the conflict.

All-in-all it seems a bit to convenient to me is all I am saying... Any government could have bombed those tankers and the very first suspect would be Iran. So, like @BenP I think something isn't right about all this... I suppose in a situation like this one uses the old line of 'follow the money' to see who would gain by another conflict in the Middle East. Would Israel? Certainly. Saudi Arabia? Absolutely. And, a long list of others...

Anyway, I am not fearing a trap in the normal sense as much as we're being led by the nose following clues that are too obvious to ANOTHER unjustified war/conflict. I am not saying Iranian government is good, bad or ugly, and frankly don't care what happens to them but I do care that we once again get into a conflict and bleed blood and treasure for no justifiable reason or cause to the American citizen or our country. We need to stay the hell out of the Middle East - period.

SB21, Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Don't want to see another boots on the ground, nation building war. Missiles and Air Strikes will do just find in sending them back to pre stone age. The bigger picture though is Russia, China and some EU nations if not love Iran, do want their oil. Iran is no direct threat to us but does make enticing bait if say China and Russia use it as a justification to come their friends aid. With the USA strongly divided and polarized internally and our economic situation good but very fragile..... it would be the perfect opportunity to completely destabilize our economy and drive a wedge deeper into the already gaping divides in the USA. The only allies I can see us having in this would be the Saudi , Israel, and possibly Great Brit. With every aspect of a conflict with Iran having a high potential to go global.

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Well, we could shoot down another Iranian commercial passenger jet. But don't worry. If Iran gets a nuclear bomb and the don doesn't do anything, Israel will start the shooting war while we sit back and watch (maybe providing real-time super high quality imagery)

If it happens .. it happens. Not much I'm going to worry about, because there isn't a darn thing I can do except maybe raise the blood pressure of others. ;)

Thunder5Ranch and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

If Iran gets a nuke without anyone knowing about if for a little bit, it goes on the nose of a super scud or some such which goes into a shipping container which goes on a container ship which is headed for the Gulf of Mexico and we will learn first hand all about EMP's.

7. VisuTrac

Iran isn't going to send it here .. they'll take out the Saudis first. As a side benefit, no Saudi oil production (about a third of OPEC total or 15 percent of globe) and the price goes up and so does demand for Iranian oil .. nice.

BenP and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Ahh the chess board of life and death......
    If I stab you here, do you bleed where I want you to bleed.?!

9. Bandit99

I don't want to see ANY type of war with anyone unless it is truly justifiable. There is no reason for us to get involved with anything in the Middle East. Nothing. We were recently there and were asked to leave. Thankfully, we took the hint and left...probably the only good thing Obama did. Should China and/or Russia want Iran, I say let them have it. So what if oil starved China gets access to oil? So what if Russia gets access to warm water ports? I. Don't. Care. Shamefully, I was a 'true believer' in this country, a real imperialist, anything for the Red, White and Blue but it's all lies - all of it - and has been for a long time because it has nothing to do with our country. It is simply the 'Great Game', about Market Share, or political power or etc. There is nothing worth an arm or leg or drop of American blood in the Middle East. And, we're broke, tapped out, the well is dry. Let Israel handle it and if they can't tough luck. Let the French, Brits or Germans and if they can't there is always the Chinese or the Russians. Let them have it and the headaches and heartaches that come with it. It is not our problem.

TnAndy, Thunder5Ranch and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

By no means defending many of their actions, but as long as you're listing crap, go back a few decades before 1979 to 1952 when the CIA helped fund the overthrow of the govt of Iran and installed the Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlevi, who ruled with an iron fist....using secret police to stomp out any dissent. The previous guy was on a path to throw out the Brits out that were robbing the Iranians of their oil, and of course, that wasn't gonna fly.....so we install a puppet who was cozy with us but not so much with his own people. Be kinda like the Russians coming here, installing Hillary as "leader for life", to be followed Chelsea after that :D

11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Exactly, Andy.... Our Politicos very conviently forget that we (CIA, State Dept) have for decases messed with other countries Elections, by doing exactly what the Russians and Chinese did to us in 2016.... and they now have the Balls to come to us, their Citizens, and say this is wrong??? Hypocrites, All....

VisuTrac, Yard Dart and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. BenP

BenP Monkey++

Bandit99 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. BenP

BenP Monkey++

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. Bandit99

Or, maybe the Drone was actually over their air space by accident or...on purpose. It's horrible to distrust one's own government so much that that you doubt any word that comes out of their mouth but...I do. And, I with good reason. Besides, this will be like everything else our government does in that if they want a war with Iran they will have one - no matter what the citizens of this country want - because the government and/or its power players do not pay for the cost of war, nor feel its after effects for decades nor lose their children. We do. The peons. The taxpayers. The mothers and fathers. And, we have paid again and again and again and when it is all over there is nothing to show for it except tears and empty pockets, no valid reason or cause.

Hell, maybe it is nothing more than to increase oil prices. All I know is Iran has done nothing to me or mine or ours. My feeling about the Drone is if you are going to spy on someone - well - you take your chances. How would we react if they were doing this off the East Coast? Could not this type of spying/surveillance be considered preparation for war, for invasion? What would happen if we tried this crap off the coast of Russia?

15. BenP

BenP Monkey++

If I were Iran, and I knew that the US was itching to wipe me off the map I don't think I would shoot down anything.

Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Pretty sure this is not the first time Iran has shot down a drone....and one of ours!

BenP likes this.
  17. VisuTrac

And it wouldn't be the first time we've violated Iran's borders.

Zimmy, BenP and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. Bandit99

Your point is obviously valid. I don't know. It certainly doesn't seem too bright to me either. I guess some countries just don't like to be intimidated. It's probably just good old fashion hate that makes them do stupid things. They certainly don't have any love for us, especially after our little software super virus set back their nuclear project a year or two and the sanctions and the Shah and etc., etc., etc... You would think after we bombed Gaddafi and pulled old Saddam Hussein out of his hidey-hole that these Mid East types would learn...but hate makes one do the strangest things.

BenP, Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  19. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Well, the borders are sorta flexible in that area.

Zimmy, BenP, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  20. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w Trunk Monkey

HAHA $5.11usd

just out of curiosity, what all would that buy in Iran ?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7