It’s Illegal to Ignore the AG Census

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Would that be the legal census describer in the US Constitution that may only ask how many residents there are in your house or the non lawful one they have sent out for decades asking for more intrusive information?

3cyl, TnAndy and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

More AG information. If you did not receive one then it does not apply.

Farmers throughout the U.S. received a hefty white envelope labeled “U.S. Census of Agriculture” at the turn of the year. Not only is it an important civic duty to fill out and return the census, it’s illegal to ignore it.

“United States law (Title 7 USC 2204(g) Public Law 105-113), requires all those who receive a Census of Agriculture report form to respond even if they did not operate a farm or ranch in 2017,” USDA’s website says.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

LOL

My FIL (RIP) used to say he would open that (or any Govt envelope) survey and see if there was a check inside for his time.

No check? Used the paper to light the wood stove to keep house warm....

Mountainman, Dont, 3cyl and 4 others like this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

One can NEVER Have to much firestarting paper....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I think the fine is $100.00
    No one has ever been fined.

3cyl likes this.
  7. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

If you ignore the survey, the law says you can be fined as per the US Code $100. It is not clear if you ignore all 25 questions could they try to nail you for $2500.

There is a similar survery the US Census folks put out called the American Community Survey. The ACS like the ag survey is a couple dozen pages and can take up to several hours to fill out. It is remarkably invasive. The US Census also says you are required by law to answer the ACS but it seems that no one has ever been prosecuted for failing/refusing to answer it. So, I somehow suspect the same will be the true with the ag survey. I found no google hits of anyone being fined for ignoring the ag survey. It too is highly invasive with the questions they ask and there is little evidence it alters USDA policy in any way, so what actually happens with the data?

There are others very skeptical of the USDA survey.

What’s the real purpose of the agriculture census? — Opinion — Bangor Daily News — BDN Maine
    The USDA Agricultural survey: Voluntary not mandatory

You decide if you want to give the government such detailed and invasive info and if you trust them to never use the info to your detriment. Just saying.... have fun!

AT

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It's kinda funny how they stretch things. "The Law Says" you have to register for electronic deposit of your SS checks. Well, the law doesn't say that, it's just another arm twisting scheme.

3M-TA3 likes this.
  9. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Last time I got the ten year Census, I answered ONE question only, my name. A little old lady came later, working as a census droid. Asked me to answer tge rest. I told her I was Constitutionally only required to give my name. She agreed, bid me good day and left.
    Later I got the ACS. Did the same. They resent it, demanding I fill it out. I answered the bare minimum I was willing to, writing "NOYB" in the boxes they had no business knowing. Never heard back from them.
    In future, I will do the same.

10. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

The ACS (the census between the census) is total BS. The intended purpose is to supply businesses with free information and to redistribute the wealth they stole in the first place. It has ZERO Constitutional authority. I throw mine in the trash...they call, and call and call (just let 202 area code go to voice mail), then they leave notes on the gate several times. I simply ignore it all.

I've gotten the Ag one too in the past. Wrote "not a commercial farm" on it and sent it back unfilled. They finally stopped sending that one.

Good website on iACS:
    How to Legally Refuse to Participate in the Census Survey | Truth is Treason

3cyl, Seawolf1090 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

I recieved one and used it for starting the fire.. Checked the mail last night and they sent me another one.. It now resides in the paper bucket.. Uhh! Now I need to pull it out and see what they are asking.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I get Phone Calls from the Census Folks all the time.... They want to know if "Such & Such Cabin, with a Silver Tin Roof" a few miles away, is occupied.... The very FIRST thing I ask them, is "What is the Survey Block & Lot Number, for the Property it is sitting on, IS?" ... Then they tell me that they do NOT have that information.... Then I tell them, AGAIN, that this is the 25th YEAR, that they called me, to identify a Cabin out here in the Alaskan BUSH, and If they can't get the Survey Block & Lot Number, (which is Public Record, by the way) that I can't help them, because they are either "To Stupid, or To Lazy" to identify the Properties, in their RECORDS... Then I cuss them out, for wasting my time, AGAIN... and slam the Phone down.... I got a D.C. Stupidvisor that called me back a few years back, and told me that I wasn't very nice to his Census Worker.... I suggested that he get his Head out of his A$$, and Identify the Survey Block & Lot Numbers, in their Records, and maybe I would be more helpful.... He thought about that for a few seconds, and AGREED, and I slammed the Phone Down on him, as well.... These Yahoos are DUMBER THAN ROCKS....

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

As mentioned on another thread, "your taxes at work". D'ya think so?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Eff em? We just sold Belly Acres, so now we are farmland free.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7