I'VE GOT PEAK OIL?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by TNZ71, Apr 17, 2008.

1. TNZ71

TNZ71 PEACE THRU FIREPOWER

I FOUND ABOUT 3-5GAL BUCKETS USED MOTOR OIL IN BARN. SHOULD I KEEP? DOES IT HAVE ANY ATLERNATIVE USES, OILED FIRED HEATER ETC? OR SHOULD I TAKE TO NAPA AND DUMP IN THIER RECYCLE TANK?

2. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Used motor oil is what we used to use to treat mange on our dogs. Works great. Also, and I am not recommending this as I am sure that there is some enviromental law against it, but we used to use it on our fence lines to kill weeds.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Dip some in a bit of cotton or something and see if it burns. There are some oils (including synthetics) that don't burn well. If you filter it carefully, you may be able to burn it in a gun type oil burner, if it is WELL diluted and VERY well filtered. Otherwise, you can burn it in a pot burner, but chances are you won't find one readily, they are illegal.

Yep, it is illegal to kill weeds with it, and you are not supposed to spread it on driveways to settle dust, either.

4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I burn waste-oil in a salamander to heat the barge.

5. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

its used in smudge pots here in orchards

6. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

pour it in a river so you can watch the pretty colors spread across the water. works best with a slow moving stream. The rainbow colors will last for weeks on the edges of the stream.

Also, put it on the road so cars can drive through it. the tires get slippery and the cars go all over the place.

What to do with old, gas, you ask?

Well, fill a 5 gallon bucket with gas and pour it in the middle of a dirt road. Let it soak in for a few minutes the light that bitch on fire. This is fun to do right before the crest of a hill because cars coming from the opposite direction have no idea what the light is coming from and then they simply slam on their brakes. Be sure you have a very concealed hidey hole because the police/sheriff will be out in force with their spots on all sides of the roads looking for the perpetrators of such a dastardly deed!

I may take upwards of 60 minutes for all the gas to burn out and the flames are guaranteed to be 5-10 feet high. Enjoy!

7. groovy mike

groovy mike Immortal

Works for lighting brush piles too.

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I'm fond of the black clouds from refinery fires. You, too, can make cameo sized miniatures --

9. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

cut yer coffee with it..mmmmmmgood...

10. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

[LMAO][LMAO][LMAO]

OGM

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7