Gear Review Iverson Snowshoes

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by stg58, May 30, 2014.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

I was at a friends house and he showed me his snowshoes which are made by Iverson in Upper Michigan and they look very nice he has had the 6 years using theme quite a bit and they are in great shape.
    They are $300 plus for a set with bindings but US made by a small company and with the Ash borer moving north Ash is escalation in price.
    "At Iverson's we've been hand crafting the finest traditional wood snowshoes for over 50 years. They're made in the USA, right here in Michigan's Upper Peninsula and trust us when we say, we know snow.
    The sad part it reminds me in the 80 degree day that we be butt deep in snow far too soon.

"It started back in 1954 when Clarence Iverson began building his snowshoes for the State of Michigan. His premise was simple; reduce expended energy by walking on top of the snow, not through it. His designs provided maximum weight distribution for optimum flotation. The news soon spread of the Iverson snowshoe and demand expanded the company into consumer market.

Clarence was very picky. He only used the finest materials; premium Michigan White Ash, full grain rawhides, and pure copper hardware. These components are expensive, but well worth the cost when you find yourself in extreme conditions, or when it's time to pass your Iverson's on to the next generation.

We hand-craft 17 models of snowshoes in different sizes and all are available laced with traditional rawhide, neoprene or nylon.
    Our 4 harness options include our brand new "Iverson AA" and " models.

Nylon and Neoprene kits are available in 10x40 or 10x46 frames for the do-it-yourselfers.

We take great pride in our craft and the ability to match the proper snowshoe to the user.

We look forward to breaking a trail with you soon."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Iverson Snowshoe & Furniture - About Iversons (Powered by CubeCart)

kellory and Mike like this.
  2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I've used cross country skis, but have never used snow shoes. Seems to me, it would be a nice tool to have if needed though. I might start looking for a set, just in case.

3. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

Unless you use them on a regular basis, snowshoes will make you feel VERY Clumsy... They make your stance considerably wider, and your gait will also need to change, as it requires a more of a "shuffle" than a walk....
    If you fall over it takes considerably more energy to get back up...... .... YMMV.....

Brokor likes this.
  4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Skis require changes in movement as well. But, having broken trail while hunting, snow shoes might be a good idea.

5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

And in dry powder they are practically useless.

BTPost likes this.
  6. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

There are many tools.
    If you use a a hammer instead of a Jeep it works not.

Just ........ YMMV.....

\Out

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7