Ives Way Can Sealer

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Cruisin Sloth, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I just fell into a 50Yo Ives can sealer .
    So spoke to seller of parts & ordered updated dies to work with the newer thinner cans .
    Trying to find a manual for what Chuck / die and position manual has been a royal pain .
    I have every part that they offered , BUT to know the size & hole or spring , from that guidance has not touched me yet ..
    this is for the 4 H small engines / or just 4H area. So far Im 120.00 into it , all cleaned from a total disassemble & cleaning (seller flipped & said , they can't be taken apart and work again ) Ya right , we do many real things that are real life !! (AME R-class with F & C with E also) .

So here is what it can do :
    https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/pr...-how-to-set-up-adjust-an-ives-way-can-sealer/

Sloth

Tully Mars and tacmotusn like this.
  2. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

just a suggestion on a possible avenue for some one-on-one can sealing instruction - until a few years ago the LDS church (Bishop's Warehouse) had DIY canning operations across the country - some of those instructors are most likely still involved in the surviving Bishop's Warehouse operation - could get a few canning pointers ....

Seacowboys likes this.
  3. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Thank You LDS is ??
    I don't do church weekly , do it in decades , but still respect .
    PM works , if I have made a mistake ,

OK Im such a moron
    Later Day Saints , LDS (i had to ask ) .
    Im now there to go look ,
    Thanks

Slow Sloth

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7