John McCain's Senate seat

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Motomom34, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Now John McCain has passed away, the question is who will fill his seat.

Had McCain left office before May 30, his Senate seat would have been on the ballot in Arizona in November 2018. His junior colleague, Republican Sen. Jeff Flake, has already announced he’s retiring, meaning both of Arizona’s seats would have been up for grabs.

Because McCain didn't leave off, it is now up to the Governor to appoint someone to fill McCain's seat. I am hoping the Governor chooses someone besides Cindy McCain. For 31 years, John McCain held that seat. It will be interesting to see who is picked.

What happens next to John McCain's Senate seat

2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The buzzards started circling when he stopped treatment.

Dunerunner, Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Please, God, not another RINO!!

Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  4. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

McCain should never have run again knowing he was ill. People and their egos

Zimmy, Motomom34, Tevin and 2 others like this.
  5. Tevin

Tevin Monkey+++

In the 2000 election, McCain dropped out before the primaries came to my state, but too late to take him off the ballot. I did not care; I voted for him anyway.

I respect John McCain personally and for his military service, but as a politician he was just another hack.

He should have resigned when he realized how ill he was. Hanging around just for the sake of hanging around, or to tie up the position as long as possible even though you can't do the job is not placing the interests of the American people first.

Motomom34 and ghrit like this.
  6. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

I hate to speak ill of the dead, but JM was a selfish, war mongering, dinosaur. He should have resigned last Dec when he quit working for the people of his State. RINO is too kind.

The Gov has no choice but to pick someone with an (R) behind their name.- I can only hope it is someone that puts County before self....

Motomom34, Capt. Tyree and Ganado like this.
  7. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Motomom34, oldawg and Capt. Tyree like this.
  8. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Considering the two that he's been banned from, I'd say that shows just how much the left fears him. Make no mistake that just because someone has a R by their name doesn't mean that they aren't progressive left. When Democrats come out and say what a great guy someone is, they are no friend of America.

Zimmy, oldawg and Motomom34 like this.
  9. nmpops

nmpops Monkey+++

Jon Kyl will be filling the seat for the next couple years.

10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

and he will vote to conform Kavinaugh... where Jumping Johnnie might not have....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7