Katadyn Pocket filters

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Quigley_Sharps, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I have 2 and 1 has seen extensive use. I have extra ceramic filters but have always been able to clean them even after pulling swamp water.

It helps to use a bandana or something as a pre-filter so you don't clog the main filter if the water has visible junk in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

I own several and keep them in my BOBs and vehicles...In my opinion they are worth their weight in gold!

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

That is about what they cost. $369US each for the Kit.... Check their WebSite.... Way to expensive for this Poor Boy......

5. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

I won one from Safe Castle for that video. DANG, they are 'spensive. I read all the literature. Upside, it'll filter approximately 13,000 (IIRC) gallons and is silver impregnated. Downside? The replacement filters cost almost as much as a brand new unit. I'll try it out in a week or so, next time I hit the BOL and let you know what it is like.

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  6. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

I have one and the spare parts that includes the spare filter.

Used only once, in Hawaii, a clear looking stream out of the mountains but why take a chance, the other choice was sea water.

Had a line of hikers just happy to get safe water.

Works fine and I keep it in the canvas bag for protection.

Worth the price I paid some 10 years ago.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7