Knucklehead or the New Norm?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meat, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

TV reporter fired after climbing on cars live at auto show
    Makes me wonder. Without getting political what do you think? (Unless of course that’s the only reason) There’s a heck of a lot of IDGAF today. I see it from the bums in the street but unfortunately from folks in the mountains, rivers and everywhere in between. You can’t punch everyone.

Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

They should force him to do and pay for all the restorative work (under a true craftsman).

3. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Why do I suspect that individual was coming down from an oops level of the night before? Clearly lost all perspective on proper treatment of other people's stuff.

Gator 45/70, duane and Meat like this.
  4. duane

duane Monkey+++

Yep, right up there with sticking a microphone into some ones face and asking how they feel about their child being shot in a drive by shooting. Or when some politician has a meet and greet with his voters and the other party or the left send people there with coaching and gotcha questions and make it impossible to find out where they stand. Most of the media people now are right up there with lawyers and used car salesman. Don't expect them to have any feelings, any knowledge, or any morals. Used to have a little respect for Fox, but under it's new ownership, it is drifting towards the left and it seems it's major goal is to not p*** off any potential advertisers. Get more head's up from Woodpile Report and shoutbox than any major news source and the print media is gone except for dog crate training, still handy for that.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Hope he gets the bill for repairs to the car he dinged. Idiocy like this isn't "zanyness", it is vandalism. If this fool wants to be a comedian, now he has the time to build an actbfor the Comedy Club.

Gator 45/70, 3cyl and Meat like this.
  6. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

It's the new MSM so? Some folks actually seem surprised by such activity... me not so much... they have a safe space somewhere I guess...

seems like life is about to smack em a good one... if they keep thinkin that way though...

7. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Saw the vid the other day an thought DOTJ... Drunk on the job.....

Dude was fired and I'll bet the CBS affiliate will take an expensive insurance hit for at least three classic Thunderbirds and one 2020 Ford.

Ganado, Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  8. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Do that at the car shows around here and you would soon be getting fitted for dentures. The is a growing lack of basic respect for anyone or anything from personal space to private property.

9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Dude once decided to "Lean against" my 1970 Challenger right after I spent a YUGE amount on the body and paint, left a nice little scratch, his coment was "Its just a tiny scratch, it will buff right out" not a sorry, here, let me fix it, NO, i should have bought a real american car, not one of those 70s play toys! I wanted to curb stomp him so bad!

10. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

I'd say the "reporter" was motivated by envy and spite, the same arising from the fact that he knows he can never have toys of his own that nice. So he wanted to hurt the people that could.

He's like that jerk we've probably all met in kindergarten who tears up other kids toys when the teacher isn't looking.

Being drunk and/or coked up (if he was) would have only contributed to his infantile behavior.

But this time the teacher was watching, and she had a great big glass eye.

I suspect that he's pretty much unemployable now, at least until the world forgets about him. No more nice cushy jobs in front of a camera, that's for sure.

But, hey, they're still hiring people for trash pickup at Fukushima...

Oh, and that kid in kidergarten? They found him in the sandbox four days later. (Yesh! I used to play in that sandbox.)

(Reads from script: ) "Honest, Officer, it was just a joke. That's not my shovel."

Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  11. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I dig car shows but.... The Dart will most likely never get to attend. I can’t imagine having it trapped in one while every knucklehead and their bratty kids walk along side it. Small percentage I’m sure but. I can still punch hard enough to go to jail. At least I think so. Lol. :D

Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  12. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

There are just some things others are forbidden to touch, the Dart is among them :) 1971 Swinger, Slant 6 /4spd tran. 167,000 miles. I bought it used in 1985 for $350 and hear tell it is worth a whole lot more now days. All original except fer the wheels.

LOL can't find a pic of it but also have my second car in a barn under a cover. A solid green 1972 Ford LTD Station Wagon (We call it the big green Lizard) total accident find but it has a test engine of the day in it, a 463 Interceptor with a giant Holly Carb sitting on top of it. Only gets a impressive 5-6 MPG. Had to replace the water pump on it a few years ago, no part for it anywhere but the water pump from a 460 interceptor was close enough to be able to redneck engineer to work. Not a very practical car to drive but fun to take it out now and then. Was way too much Torque and Power for a kid that liked to keep it foot in the engine but me and the car both survived :) Chick Magnet it was not LOL.

hqdefault.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki and Meat like this.
  13. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Rare combo for sure. Nice ride. Wow!

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  14. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

My Baby, the Car I WILL be buried in! LOL
    Paid $1300 for it with a bunch of rear end damage, the kid who bought it new put about 3000 miles on it and spun it into a ditch! Got shipped off to Nam and never came back! His Dad sold it to me in 1984 along with a rear off another totaled car! Took me almost 6 years to re build it, but it's a stunning car and rare as hell, only 6 were ever made in this color/engine/trans/ interior color! Mine is one of 4 left! 440 HP, 4 Speed, Emerald Green, Black and White Interior, Painted roof,( Not Vinyl) and No stripes. Has the bespoke R/T heavy duty suspension and brakes and cooling system, Plus, the full drag pack with the inboard rear spring conversion, and the Hemi Road Race Torsion Bars up front, Dana 44 Rear with 3.93 gears and locker. factory, she would break the deep 11's in the quarter @ 128 Miles per hour and is still pullin hard! Has 44000 miles on the clock and is un-restored so far!
    [​IMG]

Gator 45/70, ghrit and Meat like this.
  15. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

^^^^That’s amazing.

Ura-Ki likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7