1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

L.A. Law Criminalizing Possession of 10-round Magazine Set to Roll Out

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by stg58, Nov 20, 2015.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

The black and Mexican gangs are busy gathering up there 10+ round mags so they are violating yet another useless lib feel good we are combating "gun violence" press release moment law.

Common Sense = Confiscation in Los Angeles, as Magazine Ban Passes – GunsAmerica Digest

The city of Los Angeles just approved a confiscatory ban on magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition. Law-abiding citizens will now have 60 days to either sell off (to a licensed gun dealer), turn over to police or render permanently inoperable any legally grandfathered magazines capable of holding 10 or more rounds.

Basically, the government is telling responsible citizens to destroy their lawfully-owned private property because the government believes that these magazines in the hands of, again, law-abiding residents are a threat to public safety.

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, who signed the statute last week, told USA Today that the magazine ban is a “common sense” measure that should be imposed “nationwide.”

At the signing ceremony, Garcetti added that the bill will help save lives.

“I am committed to reducing the gun violence in our city,” Garcetti said. “This ban is part of that larger effort. It will help keep our streets safer and help prevent the magnitude of mass shootings. We are sending a clear message – we will not wait for Washington to act, we are ready to act now.”
    Seepalaces, pearlselby and Motomom34 like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

All except Law Enforcement, I am willing to bet... Exemptions in the Statute, for the Film Industry as well, I suspect....
  3. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd Site Supporter+

I wonder if Garcetti's law applies to LAPD and the SO? Didn't think so. More "do as we say, not as we do" bulltwinkle.

Be interesting to see if anyone even bothers complying...what is he gonna do, go door to door searching for mags?
    Seepalaces, pearlselby and Dunerunner like this.
  4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Monkey

A few will, many will not; just like in Connecticut...
  5. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

These sound like a big pay days for lawyers litigating BS prosecutions by LA law enforcement.

"a grandfathered magazine to a weapon for which there is no 10-round magazine produced."

There are several exemptions for the new law: law enforcement, Hollywood prop masters, gunsmiths, museums and anyone with a grandfathered magazine to a weapon for which there is no 10-round magazine produced.
  6. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King Site Supporter

I'm not sure there are any law-abiding citizens living in L.A. City....

Brokor and ditch witch like this.
  7. BTPost

Apparently, some of the folks that voted for this "Monstrosity" must have interest in a Magazine Manufacturing Outfit.... Otherwise, it literally makes NO SENSE at all....... The Statute is so full of HOLES, ANYONE could drive a Mack Truck thru them....
  8. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Yeah, and just how are they going to go around confiscating them from their current owners.

Go house to house? I'd suggest that they send city council members to do it. It's their stupid law.
    ditch witch and oldawg like this.
  9. Legion489

Legion489 Shining the Light of Truth

Got to say the sheeple get what they want, and what they want are idiots in office and "feel-good-do-nothing" laws. The problem is, the stupid out number the intelligent, what? Hundreds to one? Thousands? I mean look around. Obummer got voted into office with 110% of the vote (yes, really, do a google search of it) the stupid said "Oh isn't that nice". No SS#? "Oh isn't that nice". No college trans? "Oh isn't that nice". No birth cert? "Oh isn't that nice". Ignores the Constitution? "Oh isn't that nice". Wrote MORE ex orders than ALL other prezes in history? "Oh isn't that nice". Tripled the National Debt, then added even MORE debt (easily fifteen times what the country "makes", or is worth, a year, in only 7 years, which is what the gov't will ADMIT TO, and now has a free hand to spend whatever he wants...) "Oh isn't that nice". More people out of work than any time in US history since the Great Depression... "Oh isn't that nice". Wants to import terrorists into the US, "Oh isn't that nice". Well all I got to say is: "Oh isn't that nice".
    Ganado and Brokor like this.
  10. BTPost

The Grace Period is over, and GUESS just how many NOW Illegal Magazines have been turned in????? Even if you are BLONDE, this shouldn't be had to guess.... DUH....
  11. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

It's just a matter of time before they push these types of restrictions across the U.S. I have argued for years it don't bother me when a $h!thead has a 30round mag he dies just like the one with a 10round mag. It's called shot placement and follow through. What dose bother me is when the good people are restricted to 10 round mags to defend their self against the $h!thead with a 30 round mag..
    Sapper John, BTPost and ghrit like this.
  1. Yard Dart
  2. Yard Dart
  3. GOG
  4. chimo
  5. Yard Dart
  6. bmtm09
  7. AD1
  8. Yard Dart
  9. Legion489
  10. marlas1too
  11. AD1
  12. Salted Weapon