Lesson for concealed carry

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by stg58, Jan 6, 2015.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

Kentucky Police Officer Darryl Jouett Mistakenly Shoots Himself Caught on Tape. Woman in elevator reacts in horror as Kentucky cop accidentally shoots himself in stomach
    Surveillance video of the #Erlanger officer's gun going off in the elevator. black cop almost kills self.

2. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

Weapons, when not in use, need to be in Secured Holsters, NOT in WaistBands, or other "slip & slide" locations.....

3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey..... Moderator Site Supporter++

I am not sure what he thought he was doing, but especially being a trained officer... he was doing everything wrong!! Stupid actions on his part..... he got what he deserved... just lucky the woman was not injured as well.

chelloveck, Tully Mars, stg58 and 2 others like this.
  4. Yard Dart

[​IMG]

Marck, chelloveck, Harbin and 15 others like this.
  5. stg58

Two causes, a 25 year vet clearly complacent/stupid with his handling of firearms and just finished dinner with his wife...maybe a drink or two?

Jouett had just finished dinner with his wife when the shooting occurred, Erlanger Police Sgt. Jon Sterling told the Daily News.
    Sterling confirmed the woman in the video was Jouett’s wife.

Jouett, a 25-year veteran of the force, was taken to the University of Cincinnati Medical Center with nonlife-threatening injuries.

Sterling said Jouett was released Monday morning and would not immediately return to work.

Police said they were unsure if Jouett had his safety on when he had the gun.

Yard Dart likes this.
  6. stg58

[​IMG] A Barney Fife reference may be in order...

[​IMG]

7. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Probably trying to reholster an AIWB Raven VG 2 while leaving the holster in place.
    Its a great Appendix carry holster but you need to know how to use it.
    Raven Concealment Systems

edit: on second watch, he's just playing with it too much and it didn't seem to have a holster at all.

Tully Mars and Yard Dart like this.
  8. Yard Dart

It looks like he pulled it out of his waist band due to it being uncomfortable... maybe not even a holster, then he tried to stick it in his coat pocket and it hung up the trigger on maybe a button or something. Very unprofessional and I think @stg58 had it right...alcohol was probably involved and a lack of judgement.

9. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

proof positive you should not play with your weapon in public. fondling your tool should be done with more privacy.

Marck, gunbunny and stg58 like this.
  10. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey Site Supporter+

Perhaps I should have some sympathy, but I don't. This was not an accidental shooting or even an accidental discharge. This was an act of stupidity that resulted in just deserts IMO.

Marck and Yard Dart like this.
  11. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King Site Supporter

Any idea where this is posted?

12. Yard Dart

No sir, it was a random pic I ran across on FB that someone else had posted....
    I will see if I can find it again and if there is any other info.

13. Pax Mentis

Just curious...guessing a gun store somewhere.

14. DarkLight

DarkLight I self identify as a Blackhawk Attack Helicopter! Site Supporter

[​IMG]

Marck, ghrit, Tully Mars and 4 others like this.
  15. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Well, this one looks to be in a gun store.
    [​IMG]

16. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Some of the comments below the video on Youtube are worth reading.

"Internal investigations found the shooting was justifiable." was a good one.

Anyway, it looked to me like he was conversing with the lady quite readily- "Hey, I'm a cop. Look at my gun. My other gun, however, is much larger. Maybe you would like to see it sometime..." BANG! "Ouch, I dun shot myself..."

The lady surprisingly reacts with more calm than I thought she would have. She only clasps he hands to her head because a short barrel Glock just went off in the confines of (essentially) a small metal box. It probably hurt her ears like all get out. She then stops the elevator and goes to get more help, and returns each time before the elevator doors shut to collect all the items inside (including the empty shell and the officer's to go box).

They should give her a badge.

Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  17. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

The lady is his wife.

18. That's what I thought. Maybe a Pawn shop also.

19. Pax Mentis

Like maybe his...he certainly shouldn't have it.

tulianr likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7