Let the WAR begin! (MUHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAaaaaa) glock vs 1911

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by OldDude49, Sep 12, 2017.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

This is actually just for fun but hey all how about posting your opinion and your fav?

Why The 1911 Is Better Than Glock

[​IMG]
    Everyone who watchs The Firearm Blog on YouTube should know Patrick is a massive Glock fanboy. Awhile back Patrick got a job at Brownells and refused to ship 1911 parts. As a result, he ended up getting fired. The video was a parody and was supposed to be funny, and it was.

Maybe someone twisted his arm to make this video about the 1911, or maybe Patrick is just trolling? Either way, it looks like Patrick is chewing glass the whole time.

Patrick lists some points why the 1911 is better than the Glock.

Some of the reasons include:

• On the winning side of two World Wars.
    • Designed by John Browning
    • 45 is larger than the 9mm.
    • Better trigger.
    • Better grip angle.
    Now for the video.

On a personal note, I wish Glock would make a handgun frame out of metal. That way dogs could not use the Glock as a chew toy.

From what I understand, if a Glock has a light mounted on it and you shoot enough, the frame will heat up and warp from the pressure of the light mount. I have never heard of a 1911 frame warping from normal shooting.

Let’s be honest. If you were going to leave a handgun to your children and grand children, would you rather the handgun be made from steel or plastic? Would you rather the handgun have some history behind it and machined from real metal that will last forever? Or, would you rather leave your kids and grand kids a handgun molded from injected plastic?

3, 2, 1… let the flame war begin.

Why The 1911 Is Better Than Glock - AllOutdoor.com

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

1911 is better than a Glock for me, 'cause that's what I have.

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The guy is a Glock Bigot.... Nothing beats a J.M. Browning Designed Handgun... For me, it is BOTH my Colt 1903 Pocket Colt Pistol in 38ACP... AND my Belgian Browning High Power in 9mm..... There is nothing better, in my world...

jim2, Dannyboy53, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  4. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Neither.
    Springfield XD45
    ETA: 13+1, as well.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  5. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

AHAHAH!! I like all the choices!

M118LR likes this.
  6. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

I prefer the 1911. Why? Better grip angle, better balance, easy to work on, many manufacturers, better looking...but these are all my personal preferences and observations.

Frankly, if you prefer a glock, fine. Just don't expect me to have any parts to support it ;)

7. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

What's a glock?

Dannyboy53, Ura-Ki and Tully Mars like this.
  8. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

M1911A1 in 45ACP = meat axe.

9. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

FB_IMG_1493861409972_1493861469793.

10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Comparing a plastic 9mm to a steel on steel 45 isn't really a comparison. More like different tool for different applications.
    It's like saying a car is better than a crossover or SUV.

Not doing your job and getting fired is just stupidity. So it's pretty obvious the guy is beyond reason.

Motomom34, Tully Mars and Ura-Ki like this.
  11. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I actually own a Block ( G-20 mk1) and honestly think it works just fine. Don't expect to win any bull's eye matches with it, and it isn't ever going to be worth more then I paid for it, but it works! I currently own 17 1911s and every single one from a Rock Island, all the way up to a tricked out STI super will out shoot any flock you care to compare against, it's just pure mechanics, the 1911 is just BETTER! No point in having a flame war, every one knows a design that's still going strong more then 100 years has got to be good right, it's still being made by more manufactures and sold in greater numbers then Block ever could hope for! Nuff Said!

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Is Glock's patent still in place? Maybe, just maybe, if other mfrs could copy the design, they might. (Not.)

13. duane

duane Monkey+++

Real battle between Mr Colt and Mr Browning. Somehow I got stuck on a Colt 357 - 38 revolver 35 or 40 years ago and while I have 1911's and other auto loaders, they are not what I carry or really depend on. It works for me and has for many years with no problems, loves reloads, can shoot anything, even primer powered plastic bullets, and just seems to fit my hand better and the failure to fire drill is much simpler and it has never once had a stove pipe jam, and with a speed loader is fairly quick to reload.

14. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

When it comes to real, the Glock 21 has 13+1 .45 ACP pills to the 1911's max of 8+1. Only the lonely compare apples to oranges! So if you want to compare a 9 MM 1911 to a Glock 19 L have at it. JMHO.

Gafarmboy and 3M-TA3 like this.
  15. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Well let's looks at some facts.

First off old Glock vs. new Glock:

Old Glock had TOUGH (Tennerite) finish on slide.
    New Glock - new butter soft finish on slide sucks and wears quickly.

OG (Old Glock) - hardening on internal parts was hard and deep. Almost no wear after 1,000s of rounds, but some parts subject to break.
    NG (New Glock) - hardening on internal parts, wait, WHAT HARDENING?! You can wear though what hardening it does have by shooting it a few times! Some parts wear/peen/round off/break often.

OG - grip angle sucks.
    NG - grip angle(s) still sucks, but not as bad. Maybe.

OG - Feels like a brick in the hand.
    NG - Feels like a slightly more ergonomical brick in the hand. Maybe.

OG - Trigger sucks. Always.
    NG - Trigger sucks. Always.

OG - Totally reliable because the chamber was HUGE! A .40 S&W chamber could swallow half a .45 ACP case! Only problem was many .40 S&W pistols blew up, a few other cartridges would too.
    NG - Still pretty reliable, but the chambers are not cut nearly as large, many .40 S&W pistols still blowing up, possibly not as many other cartridges. Maybe.

OG - WHEN (not "if") a case blows out at the rear bottom (the dreaded "Glock bulge"), especially with the .40 S&W which is what nearly always is what blows up due to sloppy, unsupported chamber, the whole gun/frame is trashed. Actually saw five of them do that at my club. Heard of many others that happened when I was not there.
    NG - WHEN (not "if") a case blows out at the rear bottom (the dreaded "Glock bulge"), especially with the .40 S&W which is what nearly always is what blows up due to sloppy, unsupported chamber, the whole gun/frame is trashed. Actually saw five of them do that at my club. Heard of many others that happened when I was not there.

OG - The frames are now wearing out because they are plastic. They crack, chip, peel, get brittle and fall apart after so many years and exposure to air, just like a rubber tire does. It's PLASTIC!
    NG - Wait another 20 years and they will too. It's STILL plastic!

OG - Due to rifling, you can not use lead bullets as the factory barrel would lead up quickly and blow the gun up, especially .40 S&W pistols/barrels. Other cartridges too.
    NG - Due to rifling, you can not use lead bullets as the factory barrel would lead up quickly and blow the gun up, especially .40 S&W pistols/barrels. Other cartridges too.

OG - Ugly as sin.
    NG - Ugly as sin.

OG - Sold to many po-lice departments due to being idiot, but not idiot cop, simple. But then nothing is, including a rock.
    NG - Sold to many po-lice departments due to being idiot, but not idiot cop, simple. But then nothing is, including a rock.

OG - Not much customizing/changes you can make, what is/as is. If it doesn't fit you or shoot well, nothing you can do about it, you are stuck. Live with it. Some custom barrels claim they can make a Glock shoot better. Maybe, maybe not. Grip angles still sucks.
    NG - Not much customizing/changes you can make, what is/as is. If it doesn't fit you or shoot well, nothing you can do about it, you are stuck. Live with it. Some custom barrels claim they can make a Glock shoot better. Maybe, maybe not. Grip angles still sucks.

OG - Only made by Glock. No decent clones, or part for part clones.
    NG - Only made by Glock. No decent clones, or part for part clones.

OG - Some (but not all) slides/barrels will interchange between some models and some cartridges.
    NG - Some (but not all) slides/barrels will interchange between some models and some cartridges.

Next time (when I feel like it) we will look at the 1911.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Dannyboy53 and Motomom34 like this.
  16. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

WHAT THE?? I thought we were friends??

[bow][bow] Damn, that was close...

Legion489, Motomom34 and Ura-Ki like this.
  17. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

I have both, SA 1911 and G-21SF and G-17 and G-42. I target shoot with the 1911 and carry the Glocks. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but the Glocks just work. My G-17 has been through hell and never ceased to function or feed. Yeah the 1911 has been around over 100 years, but Gaston Glock started the polymer pistol revolution. Truth be told, I have had an extractor break and a grip to split on the 1911, but so far no parts breakage on any of my Glock pistols. I guess I'm on the fence in a way because I would never part with the 1911, but I always carry a Glock.

Gafarmboy likes this.
  18. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I like my weapons made of metal. As for the Glock; my understanding is that the so called indestructible firearm (Glock) (no such thing), is that reports are that early Glocks which could have been dropped of roofs of multi-story buildings without damage, with age, have become brittle and now easily crack/break. WTF, I have not ever owned or shot one, and although I have owned a 45 colt semi-auto and loved it, I don't own one at present. Does Para-ordinance still exist? I thought they sort of solve the 13+1 deficiency between 9mms and 45s. just my 2 cents .... not worth much

19. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Fn makes a better high capacity (15 in .45)...just my $.02.

That said, been thinking about putting one of each of these in the "I want" list...boss wants another 1911, and I am wanting to change in for a .45ACP I can run mags through a rifle...so...my options are 1911 or glock, and the glock hi-caps hold real bullet numbers.

20. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Oh boy, this is going to hurt...and me with no medical insurance...

I own Glocks, 2 ea. G19s and 1 ea. G43, all 9mm...and I love'em. I would not change them for the world. However, I have given thought to perhaps going to a larger caliber, .45 to be specific, but even if I did I would stay with Glock, the 1911 does not hold enough rounds.

So let the beatings commence! But, I say it loud, "I'm a Glocker and proud!" :)

Gafarmboy and Motomom34 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7