Let's PlaY AgAME

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Yard Dart, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

So lets go on the premise that chit goes sideways.
    They demand and set up mandatory gun buy backs......
    Lets play this game,,,,,,,,,'
    What is the simplest pipe gun, modified bullshit we can hand over to be compliant... and maybe eve get a few dollars for our effort..... let the games begin.
    [​IMG]

Gator 45/70 and UncleMorgan like this.
  2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

May I suggest this is a very, very bad idea

Gator 45/70, Ganado, madmax and 6 others like this.
  3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yeah YD. You trying to get us all together for a party in cellblock B? LOL! You do realize we live under Uncle Joe now don't you? The world has changed...LEFT, LEFT, LEFT...

4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Cross Bow, the O.G. Silenced "Firearm" :D:sneaky:(y):cool:

5. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

They know what you have so as the saying goes, bullets first.

6. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

It ain't illegal, but still might attract unwanted attention. Bigger than a 410, might be worth the risk, dunno.

Gator 45/70, UncleMorgan and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Had you done it with all galvanized parts you would be OK. But since you added the scary black parts it's off to the nearest rail siding to await your ride! [nono]

8. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I'm guessing at Lowes prices, that costed about as much as a H&R on the used table at a gunshow

Gator 45/70, SB21 and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I think @Yard Dart 's intent was the cheapest operable firearm that could be used in a forced gun buy back to make the most profit. I think the slam fire shotgun exemplified in @UncleMorgan 's book would be a real profit maker. Here is an example of that type of slam fire.
    [​IMG]

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Ah, the zip guns of my youth --

11. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

OMG! I'm astonished that someone remembers my book.
    It's still on Kindle for $0.00, which explains why I'm making a rock-solid royalty of about $0.16 a year.

Everyone feel free to Free Kindle it. Or if you want an unregistered copy, PM me and I'll be happy to sell you one.

$5, as usual.

A quick word about the shotgun in the picture above: That's basically a sound construction, but it should have two radiator hose clamps underneath the black tape to make the attachment of the breech tube absolutely rock-solid and completely immune to twisting. The breech tube is also a bit longer than necessary, but that's ok.

As long as the shotgun is over 28" (I always go for 29") and has a barrel over 18" in length (I'm good with 18-1/2") the firearm is completely legal.

A person can make as many as they want for their own personal use, but they can't make them for sale or barter. That takes a manufacturing license.

They can, however, sell as many as they happen to have at a police buy-back.

That's supposed to be a no-questions-asked kind of deal, where if it's a firearm, they'll buy it to take it off the street.

Notice it isn't really a buy-back, because the police never sold anyone the firearms in the first place. It's actually a "buy-up."

If, as rarely happens, the PO-PO refuses to buy your shotgun(s) because "it/they won't shoot" there is an easy way to prove they will: Just bring along a totally empty shotgun shell with no primer in it. Bring along a few very thin-gauge brass disks about the size of a dime, and some transparent tape.

Get permission (first) and tape a disk to the shotgun shell over the primer recess.

Load it and cycle the shotgun..

Then show the 5-0's the indentation made in the brass disk.

If that doesn't convince them, ask them if the shotgun is officially a non-gun. If they are foolish enough to say "yes", just tell them that's great because that means that now you can sell it for more than the buyback would pay.

It's not illegal to sell a non-gun.

Right about then they should give birth to a set of broken dishes and buy the gun.

Make sure, of course that you get the whole little adventure recorded for YouTube--or the SM Forum.

I think it would be a hit.

Speaking very seriously, even if you don't intend to make one of these excellent expedient weapons, you should have the parts on hand just in case you wind up needing one desperately.

Someday.

Soon.

(BTW: Read The BOB Queen posted in the reading room, if you're up for a little light entertainment. I think I put that up in Sept of 2016.)

12. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@Yard Dart says: 'Dude, hold my beer!"
    [stoner] cant find the beer mug emote

Yard Dart and SB21 like this.
  13. Yard Dart

MY exact point.. if they go for mandatory buy backs... or even voluntary buy backs... what is the cheapest crap we can make to turn in for dollars and look like we are cooperating? It is a game, that has been played in many similar situations with nations, all over. Lets play the game.... or at least be ready.

14. Yard Dart

To follow up on my last... if you look like you are cooperating... you maybe lower on the scale of interest.
    Lets look at this as a gambling mans game... show me a card or two... maybe I show you the same...but I will not show you my hold card... gamblers united!!!

Gator 45/70, SB21 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  15. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I wonder what would happen if you etched or punched serial numbers that match your existing receivers they would likely know about? Something like "Arrow Persuasion AR-15 SN123XYZ" or "Gluck 43 SN 314159". I work with govt bureaucrats every day and what gets recorded on paper is more important than the actual reality.

At the buy back you just say you couldn't afford the real thing and put "that stuff" on them as a joke: "I took them campin with my buddies and they though it was funnier than Donald Trump falling face first into a fresh cowpie". Make sure it somehow gets on the receipt.

When they come to your house after the "voluntary" portion of the buy back for the real ones just show them the receipt and say "it says home made because I built those AR's, glocks, etc. from parts" and show the details matching what they were looking for on the receipt,

If they surface later you have your receipt and tell them you have no idea what the govt did with them after you turned them in.

Bureaucrat happy, problem solved

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    Gator 45/70, Mountainman and BTPost like this.
  16. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Just don't make a bank deposit of the amount they paid you for the devices. Clawback, if the worst happens, to go with a pretty thoro forensic audit.

Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  17. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I've read where some gun buy backs have refused some slam fires because they look more like plumbing than a gun. With a little extra work you could have something like this. Not as bad as it might seem, a couple of templates to guide your router and some black rattle can and viola!
    [​IMG]
    Also, they pay the same for something like this. Couldn't be that expensive or time consuming.
    [​IMG]

Gator 45/70, SB21 and Yard Dart like this.
  18. DurdenJames

DurdenJames On Hiatus Banned

the buy back you just say you couldn't afford the real thing and put "that stuff" on them as a Nexthash: "I took them campin with my buddies and they though it was funnier than Donald Trump falling face first into a fresh cowpie". Make sure it somehow gets on the receipt.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7