Let's talk holsters

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Minuteman, Jan 6, 2023.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I have several holsters for different guns and for different scenarios. I have never been comfortable with a normal belt holster. I ride a bike and prefer shoulder holsters while riding. But they aren't convenient for an everyday carry. Especially in warmer weather. I've been looking at IWB, inside the waistband holsters. But was reluctant to buy one as I didn't know if I would like it. I got a gift certificate for Christmas and decided to use it to buy one.
    I am a big fan of Alien Gear holsters. I have a few and they are all top notch. So I ordered the Alien Gear 3.5 IWB to fit my Springfueld micro 1911 which is my daily carry piece. I wore it all day today and I LOVE it!! It is the most comfortable holster I have ever had. The inside the waistband design means that you body is supporting a lot of the weight and it doesn't drag down on your belt. Plus with a regular untucked shirt the holster doesn't show when your shirt rides up, like an OWB one does. I haven't found anything to not like about it so far.

IWB Holster | Inside the Waistband Holster | Alien Gear Holsters

Screenshot_20230106_180512_DuckDuckGo.

GOG and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

When I am packing, it is always my Browning HiPower.. and it lives in a custom shoulder rig, that puts the HiPower in my left underarm, just below my arm pit. If I am in known territory I usually do not carry a spare Mag, but in unknown places or senerios, the spare Mags are in my. Jacket Pockets …
    Before my oldest daughter reclaimed her S&W M29 8” I carried it in a Chest Rig so both hands were free, to grab it in a hurry… that holster went with the gun, but it was a good way to carry Big Heavy weapons with easy access…

Minuteman and Dunerunner like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

OK!!

IWB for my Taraus G3 [​IMG]

Minuteman likes this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

+1 For Alien Gear Holsters,, I rock their shape shifter Shoulder holster for a full size 1911 DOUBLE STACK with duel mag pouches, that sucker is the most comfortable rig I have ever worn, and the price was amazing! I don't carry IWB anymore, too much issue with proper position and comfort, especially while sitting or driving, and this really fixed things for me! For summer carry, I rock a CZ-82 in a custom Leather/Kydex Appendix holster, or just slip it in my pocket, or ankle carry, and i'm good to go! NOBODY makes holsters for the little CZ, so it's custom hand made or nuffin!

Minuteman and Dunerunner like this.
  5. Minuteman

I bought, haven't got it yet, they are custom made and take up to two months to recieve. They are supposed to be designed specifically for bike riders. The carry position makes it easily accessible while on a bike or in a vehicle. I always carry my Sprinfield XD service in a left hand draw rig. The photos show the guy with the gun in his right hand. Yeah, try letting go of the throttle while doing 70 MPH!!
    You can only control the bike and draw a weapon if it is left handed.
    Can't wait to get this and try it out. Right now I have an Alien Gear double rig with the XD on the right, left hand draw side, and the 1911 on the left, right hand draw side. The fastest reload is a second gun!

https://gunfightersinc.com/shop/spectre-shoulder-holster/

Screenshot_20230106_182345_Facebook.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  6. Dunerunner

Relentless Tactical OWB for my 1991A1

812zmoF5jlL._AC_SX679_.

Kamp Krap, Minuteman and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. Dunerunner

For winter, Galco Jackass Classic shoulder rig Only for my 1991A1...

Galco Jackass Classic.

Minuteman and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. Minuteman

I have one of those also. But I found that I prefer the Alien Gear.

Dunerunner likes this.
  9. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

I like the custom made Huckleberry can get them matched or unmatched.
    Western Double Huckleberry Shoulder Holsters_02.

Stoner for the ankles. Cheap, relatively comfortable and one of the few that will hold the 4" Rock Islands.
    Ankle-500x500.

IBW all the way for the waist.

and no matter what you have or choose........
    you-can-becool-butyiullneverbe-sean-connery-inred-with-must-underwear-3859142.

OldDude49, Minuteman and BTPost like this.
  10. Minuteman

This IWB is the 3rd Alien Gear I have owned. Loved all of them. The Shape Shifter shoulder rig is awesome
    Most comfortable one I have ever had. I had another for a Baby Eagle but let it go with the gun when I sold it. The double rig has been my standard riding rig. I'll have to see how this Spectre one matches up. A review will be forthcoming

Ura-Ki likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7