Letter From A Prepper

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by STANGF150, Feb 9, 2019.

1. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Dear Friend:

I love my friends, but I will shoot you if I have to. I’m serious. Here’s why.

I tried to persuade you to prepare for what’s coming and, in the process, revealed that to you that I’m preparing. You realized that I have food, guns, etc., and ended up saying, half kidding but half serious, “I’ll come to your place when SHTF.”

No you won’t. I will shoot you. If you threaten me and my family, I will use force to defend against any threat. And showing up at my place hungry and unprepared is a threat to me. You will eat my food and use up my medical supplies, generator, firewood, etc. That’s less of these life-saving things for me and my family. That’s a threat.

Is this greed on my part? No. I will take care of the truly needy – those who cannot take care of themselves. But you are different. Very different. You had plenty of chances to prepare for yourself.

But what did you do? You spent the weekends watching football, went on expensive vacations, and never made your spouse mad at you with your “crazy” ideas that something bad was happening. You didn’t do shit because… you would just come to my place. Problem solved, right? You didn’t need to spend time, money, and create domestic strife because I did that all for you.

Not. Why should I spend my time, money, and stress just so you can waltz into my place and live happily ever after? I’m a nice guy, but – really? – I’m going to spend my (very limited) free time, disposable income, and domestic tranquility just so you can have a leisurely life and more material comforts pre-Collapse while I don’t?

Why do you think I will sacrifice enormous amounts of my time and money so you can enjoy yourself while I’m slaving away? Would you assume you could come over and leave your broken car at my house? That I would just spend thousands of dollars on parts and several weekends fixing it and then hand it over to you with a smile – just because I’m a “good guy”? Would anyone expect that?

You do, apparently. You actually expect to waltz over to my cabin and receive – with a smile – thousands of dollars of food and other supplies that took me all my weekends to acquire and store.

So, my grasshopper friend (as in the story of the grasshopper and the ant), here is your official warning: if your “plan” for your and your family’s safety is to come to my place, you’re wrong. When you show up, I’ll ask you to leave. When you don’t, I’ll point a gun in your face. If you refuse to leave, I will shoot you. You are a threat to me.

You had years of time and very clear warnings to get ready. But you didn’t. Hey, I love football but haven’t been able to watch a game in a few years; I’ve been fixing up the cabin, buying supplies, and training with the Team. I spent a lot of money doing all these things so I haven’t gone on a long vacation in… forever. I have had several difficult times with my wife because of all the prepping I’m doing; I could have easily done what you did, which is just say “Yes, dear” and not prepare because she didn’t want you to.

I hope this message jolted you. There’s still some time. Go prep. Please understand that your plan cannot be “I’ll come to your place.” I don’t want to shoot you.

M.D. adds: Learn how to defend your home from people like this and other refugees, who will no doubt come to your home demanding that you take care of them, at the expense of your family…

Saw this & thought I'd share with those who might appreciate it most! :)

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

^^^^^^This is exactly how I feel, and my rational, to end you, before you try and end me...^^^^^

3. duane

duane Monkey+++

STANG150 Totally agree with you, but in my case it is not the future, the grasshoppers are here and they are winning. I am retired, work 1 or 2 days a week, house, etc paid for, little put aside, getting social insecurity and medicare, heat with wood, yada, yada, yada, all the efforts I can make to get ready. My local taxes on my house take 4 months of my social security payments, my supplemental medical insurance and uncovered dental, hearing, vision, etc take about 5 months of my social security payments, I am getting .6 % interest on my 401k as a gift from the Feds for the last bailout, and I am paying about double for the living expenses that I did in 2000 when I could have "retired". Fuel, medical, taxes, insurance, food, are the "non essentials" that have gone up the most. Police in small town of about 6,000, want a new 2.5 million police station, town needs a new 180,000 plow truck, new 250,000 road grader, new fire truck, town workers need a raise, teachers need a 5 % raise to keep up with inflation, etc, so we are being checked and tax info is being updated. Meanwhile AOC, Nancy, the school teachers, the police force, democraps in US House, all say that the world would be perfect if the rich would just share their ill gotton wealth, and pass more laws that increase my cost of living in order to take care of not only our poor, but the rest of the world as well. The latest is trying to make the carbon tax, more gun control, shift more of our local costs to the state, and green living laws here in New Hampshire. It is bad enough to give the grasshoppers payments to live in other countries, USAID, etc, but inviting them into our home, illegals, etc, is carrying it a little too far. Don't know what the answer is, in this the "Live Free or Die" state, the choice is to give in to the grasshoppers, keep what you can, your neighbors will steal the rest, hope that the system doesn't collapse before you die, and enjoy life as much as you can. Voting has become meaningless as the influx from Mass, the "poor", and the sheep now dominate in the elections, we have 3 out of 4 in congress female, and the 4th a LGBHT darling, so my comments on the new proposed gun control legislation to them would probably just put me on another "watch" list.
    I did what I thought would be be best to prepare, and still do, but I am losing , not to the Russians, EMP, social or economic collapse, or any of the 100's of other things I worried about, but to the "good will" of my neighbors who are just trying to take care of me and all the other people in the world,

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  4. I keep thinking of "Lucifer's Hammer" and the barricade thrown up across the road where refugees were chosen for admission or told to keep moving.

Gator 45/70, Bandit99, duane and 3 others like this.
  5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yeah, that was a great book! I'm a definite fan of Pournelle. I remembered they allowed those that had necessary skills to cross the barrier, something they needed because to try and feed everyone meant everyone would starve. I need to find time to read it again! LOL!

@duane "...It is bad enough to give the grasshoppers payments to live in other countries, USAID, etc, but inviting them into our home, illegals, etc, is carrying it a little too far...."
    It is indeed. Immigration needs to change to merit and the Foreign Aid needs to stop. Trump tried to cut it by 1/3 but was overruled by Congress. It is hard to find (I believe they don't want anyone to know) but think total 2017 budget was about $60B...man-oh-man, that could pay a lot of medical students tuition, build a lot of bridges and put a lot of people to work here stateside. I'm still stunned that Israel is getting $38 Billion from us over 10 years. That's 3+ billion a year, almost 10 million a day. Could Idaho have just a bit of that? Our mindset must change to a 21st century mindset before it's too late.

6. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

good letter IMHO...

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7