1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Gear Review Lodge LPGI3 Cast-Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by stg58, Sep 13, 2015.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

A few months back I bought a Lodge grill/girdle, when I first showed to my wife she rolled her eyes and why did you buy that.
    I made sure we tried it and she uses it all the time now ;) I remind her all the time of her initial comment.;)
    The slight slope directs grease into the grease gutter pre-seasoned and we have used it on gas and electric. Being on two burners provides the ability to have one end hotter/cooler cleans up quickly.
    And it is a USA product[US]

2. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

I have one of these, use it often and love it. Good for breakfast and supper.
    Bear, Ganado and stg58 like this.
  3. duane

duane Monkey++

Cast iron and wood stoves rule!
    Bear and stg58 like this.
  4. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

Yes, like many folks I pick up vintage cast iron at yard sales but the Lodge cast iron is nice.
    The regular cast products are USA made but sadly their enameled products are made in china.

Lodge Manufacturing Company
    Bear and KAS like this.
  5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I keep one in the bug out vehicle. :)
    Bear likes this.
  6. KAS

KAS Monkey++

thanks for the review ..
    Everytime i buy a piece of castiron the wife ask me y i bought that ..LOL
    Bear, Yard Dart and Ganado like this.
  7. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

I love old cast iron and Lodge products... got some old Griswold and wagner dutch ovens as well as some big and deep skillets for frying ;)
    Ganado likes this.
  8. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King Site Supporter

My only issue with the new Lodge CI is that they have eliminated the final step in their manufacture to cut costs...the grinding smooth of the inner surface, which leaves a heavily "pebbled" surface. Don't get me wrong, I like my new Lodge pans, but I will be keeping an eye out for the older ones that have smooth inner bottom surfaces.
    Yard Dart and stg58 like this.
  9. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I have an aluminum version of that at my hunting cabin. Haven't been real impressed yet. Time will tell.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary