Looks like Haiti took it in the shorts again Another flood of Illegals?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by DKR, Aug 14, 2021.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

USGS M7.2
    M 7.2 - 13 km SSE of Petit Trou de Nippes, Haiti

We gonna get screwed again?

What you need to know
    • A 7.2 magnitude earthquake struck near Haiti on Saturday morning, killing at least 227 people, according to the country's civil protection service.
    • The US Geological Survey is estimating "high casualties" and widespread disaster.
    • The earthquake was about 12 kilometers (7.5 miles) northeast of Saint-Louis-du-Sud and 10 kilometers deep (about 6 miles deep), according to the USGS.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  2. duane

duane Monkey+++

Ura-Ki and mysterymet like this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I didnt think there was anything there to destroy after 2019.
    They had a 7 earthquake a few years ago, none of that aid looked like it made it to the starving people, then that hurricane and none of the aid made it there again, it was just got pocketed by everyone down the line.

4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Much of that aid just sat on the docks like a Chinese inspection till it rotted, or was stolen, usually by competing political factions, and horded like wealth!

Yard Dart and duane like this.
  5. Capt. Tyree

Capt. Tyree Hawkeye

I have heard or read somewhere that whenever we experience a meteor shower (Perseid Meteor shower a few days ago) or asteroid passing, we can expect an earthquake or tidal wave somewhere on the planet. Looks like Haiti got it.....again.

Motomom34 and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

We have had three M7 earthquakes in the last 3 or 4 days, it's the earth, Jupiter, Saturn alignment, which leads to a very weak magnetic connection between the planets and the sun.
    Normally we average 1 every 20 days.

Motomom34, Ura-Ki and duane like this.
  7. duane

duane Monkey+++

Don't have idea what causes them but shaking earth reaches into my mind and scares the he** out of me. Although the pictures of that tsunami of that big one Christmas Day 2004 give me nightmares. Down on a beach having fun , water goes out, start to run but you don't have a chance, miles to safety, then some guy on the second floor films it all, then the water comes to his floor and all you see is the camera taking random pictures as he runs for the roof, makes it out alive or there wouldn't been any pictures.

Haiti went from being one of the greatest sources of wealth for France, to a country that has never been able to make it for the last 220 years. If God really wants to punish you, he probably couldn't more than have you born poor in Haiti, usually if you do get a little ahead, someone steals it. Worst part of it, most of the ones I know in the US are good hard working people and many have become good friends.

Yard Dart and mysterymet like this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Have you seen how many metric tons of beans China has bought in the last week? Something is going down big time.

9. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I went into Haiti in 94 during our initial invasion/occupation and spent a few lovely months mopping up the mess we found.
    The place was a hell hole, society was in shambles, death squads had haunted neighborhoods for years.
    Restoring democracy in this nation was a joke, corrupt as it is.

After the big earthquake, things only became more dire.

This is a cursed land, I doubt we will ever see the rise of a stable nation.
    Might as well incorporate into the U.S., much like Puerto Rico... maybe we can reopen some beach front hotels and have frosty drinks.....some day.... ;)

10. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

IIRC aren't there claims that Haiti made a deal with Satan back when they originally revolted?

11. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Isn't it ironic we the supposed most racist nation on earth. WE are the first to respond with aid to predominantly black nations time and again. When it's a medical crisis just look who responds-- white doctors and nurses. Yet when we have disasters who comes to our aid.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  12. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Well, we shouldn't be. Look at the the difference between the amount of aid we give to the world compared to China (the #1 economy) or Russia or the rest of the world for that matter. When are we going to simply take care of ourselves...but there is no money for the elites in doing what is best for the country whether it's war or humanitarian aid.

And, I wouldn't kid ourselves that should the day come and we need aid, say if California falls off the map, no one will come knocking with an offer to help.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    Cruisin Sloth, Gator 45/70 and johnbb like this.
  13. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

You cannot buy friends.
    Danegeld didn't work back then, it won't work today.

14. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I've been to Haiti a few times on salvage jobs, the last time was during the last coup, it was a shithole. I sent crews there after the last earth quake but managed to escape having to go myself, but I knew what to expect. Wood there is mostly shipping pallets. Nearly all construction is concrete because of an abundance of sand but very little Portland cement in the mix so it cracks, breaks, crumbles like stale cookies. There are pot-holes big enough to swallow a dump-truck literally and in fact, I have helped remove a dump-truck from one. My last memory of the place was a rancid dead body that we drove by every day for a week that nobody even bothered to remove except for those skinny little brown curr-dogs that hide in every alley.

Photos: Scenes From The Haiti Earthquake

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2021
    duane, Yard Dart and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Haiti has nothing to worry about. The Clinton Foundation will come to their rescue, again! :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Gator 45/70 and duane like this.
  16. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Good lord we don't need any more Haitian trash in this country, just take a look at what they have done to S Florida. My mother in law used to live in Lantana Fl for some reason Fins lived there and the place was spotless, the Haitians moved in and turned it into literally a shit hole.

jim2 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  1. Brokor
  2. duane
  3. 3M-TA3
  4. DarkLight
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. BTPost
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Yard Dart
  9. ladrillero
  10. Motomom34
  11. Grand58742