1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

M-1 Garand op rods

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by stg58, Jun 1, 2015.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

Last weekend I was at a gun show and was surprised at the prices of M-1 Garand op rods $150-$200....of course that is gun show pricing but online they are still over $100, $120 for a rebuilt op rod with National Match op rods over $200

Fortunately when the CMP was still selling op rods I picked up a few but if you have a Garand you may want to think about a spare.

From one web site.
    "The original M1 Garand op rods are getting EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO FIND, so please consider this now in order to hedge against the scarcity of this item in the very near future."

2. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

Maybe you should contact @RightHand and see if maybe Sadlak Industries would like to make a New Product... Kind of "Right Up their Alley"....
  3. RightHand

RightHand Pioneer in a New World Moderator Founding Member

I would go to Claude Rankin at RAParts.com if I were looking for Garand parts. Claude is a great guy to work with, honest and reasonable.
  4. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

[beer] @RH :)

direct link

M1 Garand Parts

Operating Rod $170.00
    Operating Rod, NM $200.00
    Operating Rod, IHC, HRA, Uncut SA (Sorry, no WRA) CALL
  5. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

From Sarco $120 for a rebuilt op rod.

M1 Garand Op Rod U.S. G.I.
    Price: $120.00
    Original USGI op rods made in the U.S.A. for use on the Italian Garand. We have had a precision made Stainless Steel 174 P.H. tip made to replace the shorter Italian tip. These rods are proper length for the M1 Garand Rifle and are freshly parkerized and function fit for guaranteed performance.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary