Mag Light Solvent trap

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by fedorthedog, Jan 24, 2019.

1. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Just found out about these and I would tell everyone to take a look at the videos on you tube

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    Cruisin Sloth, Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Always good to have multi use equipment .

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

The dude selling the ''solvent traps''was busted down in Fla.Took his computer with his lists of sales.

Zimmy and SB21 like this.
  4. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

there are tons of sellers of the adapters on fleabay.

Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Thr Maglight units will NOT survive much more then .22 rimfire, be careful!

Those more hardcore "Solvent Traps" may or may not handle any thing bigger ether!
    Unless its heat treated and pretty thick tube and internals, again, be careful!

6. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

There is a run on spacers on Amazon, apparently its popular

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Some of their other items are waaaayy over priced...such as two way radios for triple the fair market value

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Yeah, not to mention the fact that doing any of this can land you in the tank.
    Not worth it. Learn from it, but do not try it until SHTF. If you buy any of this stuff, risk is yours to take but keep it separate and disassembled, and at different geographic locations and never use it, ever. Also, the thread adapter and a proper engine oil filter will do the trick in a pinch. In all, it's good education to know and that's about it.

GOG, Zimmy, Ura-Ki and 5 others like this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

If I want a silencer I just buy one and pay the $200 tax.
    Much cheaper than getting caught with an unregistered one.

Ura-Ki, oldman11, Sapper John and 5 others like this.
  10. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

They've got them for threaded inline fuel filters as well. I think they suck as a solvent trap though as there is typically a hole through both ends of those fuel filters.

Ura-Ki, oldman11, Brokor and 3 others like this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Thats the way I went.

Ura-Ki, oldman11 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  12. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

A mag light makes a much better club than silencer and you don't get in trouble with the law fer having a club :)

Ura-Ki, oldman11 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Unless you're a long haul driver getting jacked up for a DOT inspection at the I 81 NB scales in Roanoke,Va. by a diesel cop critter who didn't get his donuts that morning. Then it seems a 5 cell maglite beside the drivers seat becomes a deadly weapon of mass destruction and gets you a $117.35 ticket sale to the policemans ball held at the Botetort county judges office. At least they let me ride in the front seat of the cruiser. Ah, good times, good times.

Alf60, Ura-Ki, oldman11 and 2 others like this.
  14. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

LOL I did not consider chicken coops and revenue cops :(

15. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

If you carry a baseball bat in our car, carry a glove and ball, your lawyer will thank you later.

16. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I just dont like being on their list, and the components are nothing if not drilled.

Tully Mars, GOG, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
  17. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I have better more efficient ways of filtering solvent .

18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Get caught with an unregistered one and then you will be on all kinds of lists.
    Plus the ones that can be bought are far superior to junk cobbled together with crap bought over the Internet.
    It's like the people who use bitcon because they don't like being watched, well NSA closely watches bitcon users.
    You don't think someone who buys one of these off the Internet isn't getting added to a list?
    Ha!

19. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Your guaranteed at least 2.5 years at Club Fed.Plus they will be looking over your shoulder in person every so often..or so I've heard.
    Some gents at a machine shop were caught awhile back making a few...for personal usage
    But that didn't matter to the feds....Owner almost lost the business due to a couple of nuckle-heads

oldman11 likes this.
  20. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

And yet, people in the UK can go hunting with silencers with less pain and hassle. Those who "qualify", that is. Seems legit.

Well, at least we have our guns and other stuff...like armor piercing incendiary rounds and night vision and laser targeting.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7