Mag Limiters

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Salted Weapon, Mar 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Salted Weapon

Salted Weapon Northwest Monkey

First yes I understand Mag ammo limiters are and oxymoron.

But I have been working on making mag limiters for 5.56 AR and AK mags, and have just about developed the process. Seems several companies are out there but damn they are charging and arm and leg. If there is any interest I will try and get a video together when I solve it. I want to make these to where they are permanent, but wont require new base plates or springs as many do. But on teh side they could be replaced and old put back in. I am hoping laws limiting to 10 do not pass but many are being forced to not just in Oregon where its up for debate. So anyways anyone wanting to know how to do these themselves let me know. Right now I am working on the hardening process so it will take allot of reloading. I am looking at making them for other manufactures that do not make 10rd or charge allow for them or the adapters. The reversible area is also part of what I am making that way CAL and elsewhere legal but could be switched to the old with old parts. That seems key is the limiter its self can not be modified easily. But if removed the old parts could be put back in.

2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Just put a pin thru the mag at the 10 round point.

3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey Site Supporter

Just depends on state etc.

OTOH somebody else will have to do that cause I ain't chngin.

4. HK_User

I got some practice grenade fuse heads. May you could add a cotter key and a pull ring for kicks?

Then again maybe I need to move to the jokes section.

sec_monkey and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Or a wood plug for the spring to sit on.

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Yeah that works or a pin from a fire extinguisher,Pull pin throw it in a group of friends and then scream like a lil ''B'' while pointing at it always works.....lol

3M-TA3 likes this.
  7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grudge Monkey

You are way over thinking this, a single pop rivit installed at the proper altitude in the mag stack will do what you need with out complications!

8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I'm thinking this...Looks professional to even the most lib of lib's
    Can quickly be made Patriotic compliant......

safety pin.

snake6264 and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. HK_User

So where's the rest of the Tractor?

Mountainman, oldawg, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Dunno 'bout that one, threading it thru the spring may not give the results you want.

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey Site Supporter++

In many states/applications the limiter has to be permanent. For example,converting a 10 round SR15/AR10 mag to five for hunting purposes.

Gator 45/70, oldman11 and Ura-Ki like this.
  12. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Man,, you got my mind to racing. Take a 30 round mag,, fill below the 10 rd limit with gunpowder and shrapnel material, install grenade fuse and pull pin , when they come for your mags , right after expelling the rounds at them , detach mag , pull pin,,, throw mag. Multi purpose mags. Everybody's happy. You get your satisfaction , and they get their mags. [LMAO]

13. Salted Weapon

Salted Weapon Northwest Monkey

FYI, this is a process to make the add on legal in most states where only ten is allowed.
    I am working on the molds right now, but they are to replace whats there.
    A block just goes in and can be removed and is not usually legal to drop the count that way, unless hunting. Been looking at this awhile as but if anyone is interested how to.. I'll post it when I move along. I already have the materials I need get the numbers right for the molding.

SB21, Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  14. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

It's going to depend on the details of your State law. I see a guy at the range regularly who is from NY. He uses blocks of wood that come with some sort of Japanese fish that his wife eats. Cuts them to length, drops them into the spring (Straight M16 twenty rounders) and applies JB weld to the tabs on the floor plate. Can be reversed, but not quickly.

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Mags are getting cheaper,I just bought 6 thirty round mags for a ruger mini thirty for $50.00.

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Made by Ruger?

17. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Dammit,,, oldMan,,,,where'd you get them. The last time I bought one was 25 for one. I's it possible to get more ??

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Yeah thats P-Mag prices or a tad lower?

SB21 likes this.
  19. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey++

What mag limit. Guess I didn't get the memo....

Gator 45/70 and Oddcaliber like this.
  20. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Ruger 762-39 thirty rd,used but looked new. Bought at a pawn shop. Six of them.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7