Maintain weapon security

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by stg58, Apr 27, 2016.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

Many states have penalties if juveniles get a hold of a fire arm and so much as display them let alone discharge them.
    Clowns that leave an unsecured firearm in a car that allow a 2 year old to get a hold of it give all responsible fire arms owners a bad name and give the anti gunners ammunition when calling for more laws.
    Patrice Price, 26, was driving a car belonging to her security guard boyfriend when the two-year-old accidentally fired a weapon that had been left in the vehicle, her father Andre Price told WISN.
    “Initial witness accounts indicate that a child in the back seat of the vehicle got ahold of a gun and discharged the firearm, sending a single bullet into the driver’s back,”

Mother driving on Milwaukee highway shot dead by son in backseat

Witch Doctor 01 and UncleMorgan like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

My question is: "Was that child strapped into a Nanny State, Child CarSeat? If NOT, why not? Then after that, the Idiot Boyfriend, should be prosecuted, for leaving an UnSecured Weapon, in his vehicle.... If one can't be responsible with a Weapon, One doesn't need that weapon....

3M-TA3 and UncleMorgan like this.
  3. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey++

Why would you leave a weapon within REACH of a 2 year old in a car?

Tikka, 3M-TA3 and UncleMorgan like this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Ambulatory anachronism Administrator Founding Member

When you are too stupid to use the car seat, as well as too stupid to see the gun that the child could see.

3M-TA3 and UncleMorgan like this.
  5. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I eat vegetables. My friends are not vegetables.

Humans, as a species, evolved from a state of utter stupidity to our present form of exalted enlightenment. Unfortunately, a few people couldn't quite keep up...

Dont, kellory and stg58 like this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Ambulatory anachronism Administrator Founding Member

We can hope it's a recessive gene.

7. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

Other troubling aspects of this:
    Patrice Price, a 26-year-old mother of three
    Three kids with a single mother three kids with no mother now they likely go into .gov gladiator academy’s emerging as trained criminals.

Security guard boyfriend
    In theory to be an armed security guard he should have been trained and licensed..And the moron leaves a loaded .40 weapon unsecured in a car in Milwaukee Wisc.

8. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

In Australia....car drivers and their child travelling companions can have as many pistols as they wish without tragedy....pistols and water are by law required to be stored separately whilst the car is in motion.

In the good old days when I was a child, I had a pea gun (that shot dried peas of course) which, in less populated parts of the country side, I was permitted to fire at road signs, (with a very satisfying "ping" when achieving a hit). I have never thought about it until now, how many random pea vines I must have planted around the country side along the way.

This taught me two things....

1. Hand-eye coordination,timing and accuracy whilst shooting from a moving vehicle

2. Weapon safety with a safety catch-less weapon....an accidental discharge with it in the car would have terminated the privilege instantly, and I would have earned a thrashing for endangering the car's occupants. Trigger discipline wasn't difficult to master when I joined the military: it was already ingrained.

3M-TA3, Ganado and Tempstar like this.
  9. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

"In Australia....car drivers and their child travelling companions can have as many pistols as they wish without tragedy....pistols and water are by law required to be stored separately whilst the car is in motion."

Did you mean "ammo" or "water"?

chelloveck likes this.
  10. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Perhaps in Australia a water pistol is a dangerous weapon?? :)

Years ago, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young sang a song and here are the lyrics:

"Teach Your Children"
    You, who are on the road must have a code that you can live by.
    And so become yourself because the past is just a good bye.
    Teach your children well, their father's hell did slowly go by,
    And feed them on your dreams, the one they fix, the one you'll know by.
    Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,
    So just look at them and sigh and know they love you.

From the time my daughter and grandson were old enough to know what a gun was; they knew I kept one close at hand. It was loaded and in the night stand alongside the bed.
    My daughter left at 18 and she moved when grandson was 11. As we provided child care for grandson; that is 29 years of either knowing where a loaded pistol was and neither touched it.
    If people cannot raise their children to respect rules; no one can help them. If a child doesn't respect hands off; what about matches which can burn the house down? Or all the highly poisonous chemicals we all have in our homes?
    Firearms aren't any different.
    My father had a gun cabinet with sliding glass doors. As a child I could have easily opened door and drawer and had a rifle and ammunition. I never dared to touch either.
    I kept a loaded pistol in the map pocket of my truck and still do. Grandson never touched it as he knew and respected rules.

It seems today's children lack rules and respect.

11. chelloveck

The water was the ammo.

Ganado likes this.
  12. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I eat vegetables. My friends are not vegetables.

Children can learn at an early age just about anything their parents or the tribal elders are willing to teach them. In the trackless depths of the Amazon rain-forest "ignorant savages" can learn to make and tend fires safely--at the age of two.

chelloveck and Ganado like this.
  13. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

And they STILL took your guns away?:eek:

14. chelloveck

I might be inclined to think that we are the "ignorant savages", and that they are the "enlightened and civilised" ones. Gifting them with transistor radios, and missionaries, I fear has guaranteed their descent to our level of ignorance and savagery.

Bandit99 and Ganado like this.
  15. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey++

16. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I don't think so.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7