Major Quake, Nevada 6.5 and shallow

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by DKR, May 15, 2020.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

WNW of Tonopah, NV. Multiple 4 and 5 level aftershocks.

If you want to Google Earth the location
    38.159°N 117.875°W
    Just north of the junction of US 6 and US 95 near Coaldale. The area is mostly "black rock" - that is to say, old lava flows.. Otherwise, just dirt. This area is on the northwest end - and outside of - the Nellis Test range complex.
    I bet thing were hopping i the old Mizpah Hotel there in Tonopah.

I spent too many weeks of my life there (in Tonopah) while working on the Range....

Wonder how badly the C resent Dune power station was damaged...I'll be digging fo reports on that and 'other damage'.

Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki, SB21 and 4 others like this.
  2. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Might not matter if damaged. It is off line since May of '19. Chart shows zero production.
    Crescent Dunes Solar Energy Project - Wikipedia

Yay, solar. Fed funded uv cuss. And NV power didn't want to continue. No other customers wanted to buy the output, it seems.

3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

That thing is a catastrophic waste of money.
    Now when you spend about a billion dollars on solar, you get damn near a billion watts.
    Hopefully if it's damaged they fix it with a D10.

Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki, SB21 and 4 others like this.
  4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

more of 0bama's buddys looting the treasury

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

A further example of sunk solar costs and losses, consider the Buffalo Billions (Solar City) that cuomo conned the feds out of. So far, a complete bust, not one penny returned on the "investment" that the feds made. Now, it wasn't an investment, in case there's any doubt, it was gifts intended to boost the economy for NY's benefit. I cannot, for the life of me, imagine how that disbursement of OUR money would ever yield in taxes at the federal level any where close to offsetting the cost. An ongoing sink, and a few sniffs of corrupting meats.
    Buffalo Billion - Wikipedia

Cruisin Sloth, Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7