Gear Review Maratac Zulu watch strap

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by hot diggity, Sep 23, 2018.

1. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

KIMG2857. KIMG2858. Zulu Watch Straps by Maratac ~

I've been beating this watch strap up for about five years. The only times it isn't on my wrist are when I'm cleaning it, or when the watch is in danger of snagging on something. It may have been a silver color when new, but repeated scrubbings and sun exposure have faded it to a very nice GI olive drab.
    It's actually a perfect match for my 1969 USMC issue Hamilton strap. I have to admit that it isn't quite as durable as the Vietnam era issue strap, since it shows a little fuzziness, and some fraying between the fourth and fifth pin holes. (I use only the fifth... same as on the Hamilton band) Even with this mild fraying from much daily hard use, it shows no sign of loosening, nor has the fuzziness increased since first noted. It appears to be nearly as tough as the almost 50 year old GI issue strap. I'd say that $17 for a lifetime watch strap, it was a pretty good investment. It's only available in 20, 22, and 24mm widths for larger watches. If you don't have anything that large, it's an opportunity to go watch shopping. :)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    Zimmy, GrayGhost, snake6264 and 3 others like this.
  2. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Thanks for sharing.

I have a thing for watches/related, and always looking....along with knives, flashlights, pew-pews, tools, lighters...did I say knives?....

Zimmy likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7