Marttiini Folder

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Hokyjoe, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Hokyjoe

Hokyjoe Monkey

IMG_20201215_094623198. Came in last night. The action is stiffer than woodpecker lips. But overall, a nice "gentleman's"folder. Love the curly birch handles and the steel is 420 something or an other, very hard. Not bad at all, although not one I'd carry over my other edc rotation. Enjoy!

Dark Wolf, Alf60, Yard Dart and 5 others like this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Pretty! Wondering how that exposed metal in the grip would feel if you ever had to use it?

Meat likes this.
  3. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

At the very least I got “stiffer than Woodpecker lips.” Thanks. :D

Dark Wolf likes this.
  4. Hokyjoe

Hokyjoe Monkey

Well, the edges produce "hot spots" right off the get go. And the clip is a bear to deal with removing it from the pocket. The construction is nice and materials are real good. Blade steel is very hard for the type of steel.( 420 j2 as noted in specs on their website.) The scales are beautiful but are conducive to binding with the clip. The blade deployment is very stiff and maybe needs adjusting and the washers of some kind of plastic replaced with bronze. All said, not a show stopper and this assessment is with the knife right out of the box new. Their fixed blades (pukkos and leakus) are very nice and maybe these newer folders will improve over time. Just my two cents...

Dark Wolf and Dunerunner like this.
  5. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Dang i thought this was going to be a drinking thread...[boozingbuddies]

6. Hokyjoe

Hokyjoe Monkey

Lol! Nah, martinis are for folks in blue States, Marttiini's are for patriots who like sharp tools...but I digress I have oiled the pivot with some CLP and now it opens like it should with the thumb stud. And after messing with it a bit, it doesn't feel at all bad in the hand regardless of the squared edges, but that's just me. I have shipbuilders hands. I fashioned a paracord lanyard to clip the knife to and will have it at work with me this evening and see how it performs on tie wrap and tape. Maybe this little jewel will pan out after all.

Ganado likes this.
  7. Nice looking blade!

8. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

it is a beautiful knife

9. Hokyjoe

Hokyjoe Monkey

Well, took it to work and have to say that I am impressed with this little knife. I was able to adjust the pivot and get it to where it deploys smartly and what I feared regarding hot spots have been allayed with using the knife on some items I encounter at work. Boxes, tie wraps, nylon rope, etc. Nice blade and we'll made for those who may consider adding on to their rotation.

Dark Wolf likes this.
  10. Dark Wolf

Dark Wolf Monkey

My first thought was a Greener Martini shotgun!

All joking aside, that is one beautiful knife! Thanks for sharing!

DW

Ganado likes this.
  11. Hokyjoe

Hokyjoe Monkey

Got another one coming. A little different as it's got a lock like the Buck folding hunter and a beastly size. Will post when received. Kinda nice to find decent folders from different countries.

Dark Wolf likes this.
  12. Hokyjoe

Hokyjoe Monkey

Received the larger knife recently and it's beastly. I have been carrying and using the smaller Marttiini at work and home and just love this blade. I hafted and old Collin's Jersey pattern head on a fine piece of hickory and trimmed that hard wood with my smaller blade and it is still very sharp. Here's a pic of the new blade. IMG_20210103_152026261.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7