Masks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ganado, Jul 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

If we set the 'is it real or fake' debate about COVID aside for a minute. The reality is many businesses are requiring masks.
    [​IMG]

My issue is why wouldnt a face shield work better? why masks? cheap, easy to get?
    a face sheild would protect eyes as well. So why masks?

2. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

[sheep]ple is stupid .. .. cloth masks have yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge limitations as we have previously discussed .. ..

to be protected ya need certified and tested N95 N99 N100 masks [ preferably US made masks if they even exist ] with extra protection for the exhalation valves [ a cloth mask over the N9X mask can protect the exhalation valve to some degree ] plus a face shield or eye protection plus gloves plus potentially other stuff n things .. .. them N9x masks is too spensive and there aint enuff of em fer 330 million folks .. ..

The KN series masks from china are garbage .. ..

say it with me nuka bombdrop @ china

3. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Probably that's as good an answer as you'll find. Face shields may or may not be "better" than masks, in much the same way as masks are better than nothing. Consider also that coughs and sneezes will escape the sides of shields far more readily than masks alone, so "better" would be both.

4. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

like we said ya need multiple layers and multiple items to be fully protected .. ..

most folks aint gonna be willing or able to follow proper protocol .. ..

Gator 45/70, snake6264 and HK_User like this.
  5. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I think it depends on the environment you get into, and the other protocols you are advised to follow.
    Wearing a mask is useless if your hands are contaminated and you are handling the mask and every other thing others touch breath and sneeze on.
    Do you transfer the things you handle on to your vehicle? the doorknob of your house?
    Masks and shields are a part of the issue but hand sanitation is the bigger part because we are so tactile, not only that your clothing is a sponge by comparison, every bit of humidity in the atmosphere is clinging to it.
    You can live in fear of ever getting sick or you can take care of your self and avoid doing unhealthy things and choose to strengthen your self and your health eating right and getting enough sleep and make people keep their distance. Don't blame them if you don't have the discipline to make an issue of it.
    Now that plague has shown up in China and may well travel the world, does this little training session with corona mean any thing?

6. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

We just spent near a Grand $$$$$ for sneeze guards for the office.
    We will require mask and a Temp check and the use of hand sanitizer for Vets.
    Some seem to not take in demographic as a major cause of the CCP Virus spread.

If you live in a remote area you a less chance of being infected.

OTOH
    If you trust the remoteness to protect you and ignore the fact that your town is crossed by 3 major highways all leading to and from Major cities then you are in trouble.

Houston is in trouble and a lot to do with stupid people. Those areas are where some of my kids live.

We are now over 260 infections with 3 deaths.
    YMMV

7. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

we are down to 8 cases in my zip and 120 some in the county 5 hospitalized we wear the masks and it seems to be work that's all I can say

8. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  9. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Not all droplets that carry Covid-19 are small enough to pass through a surgical mask. It’s the ones we expel as we talk. Larger droplet from coughs and sneezing, also carry COVID-19, will be stopped by a homemade or surgical mask. That being said, it’s your choice. Mask mandates are not being enforced because cops already have their share of hate directed at them. If you want to take the risk for you and your family, go for it. Just stay out of my face.

10. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Gator 45/70 and snake6264 like this.
  11. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

sec_monkey and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

We are the special kind of Special in AZ. Poster Child for the world on how NOT to do it

Ganado, chelloveck, HK_User and 2 others like this.
  13. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I went shopping today and it was busy and half the people, including their kids, had no mask. I decided to wear a mask when going out to stores and such. Otherwise, I boost my immune system with Moringa and Zink with Quercetin. I try and stay away from people.

Gator 45/70, Ganado, T. Riley and 2 others like this.
  14. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

To each their own but I am going to wear my mask when I have to come in contact with strange humans :)

DSC01390 - Copy.JPG

15. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I guess I'm the asshole, but I don't scream at associates. I just ask them if they own the place or not, then if they wouldn't mind turning off their television and stop believing in the media lies. If they still insist, I just tell them that the death rate from living under despotic rule is exponentially greater than even these contrived numbers of Covid deaths. They will obviously ignore me at this point because I've lost them, but it gave me enough time to pick up what I came in for and I set it on the counter and say, "It's your choice."

There are actually a few places in my area where it's perfectly fine to enter and shop without a mask, despite the Leftist Governor and what he says or the corporation I am referring to. It's because this is becoming a trend, just like the fear campaign mask wearing was a trend, but this one is building because folks are waking up and realize the numbers don't add up. You can fool most of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you'll never fool all of the people all of the time.

There's blood on the horizon.

Gator 45/70, Ganado and SB21 like this.
  16. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

I don't give store associates any chit. Number one they don't dictate store policy. Number two, they're being forced to wear those masks for their entire shift. If anyone has the right to bitch about masks, it's them. I only have to put it on for the 10 minutes I'm in there.

I don't know about the rest of the country but where I am, it seems that while everyone has the "Wear a Mask" sign up, no one is enforcing it. Inside it's about a 50/50 mix of wearing/not wearing, and no one seems to be getting bent out of shape over what others are doing.

17. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Around here, only the groceries, packies, and smoke shops are enforcing it. Other than that, the proportion is about 50/50 on or off.
    I suppose it would not be too far out of line to observe there are three reasons to wear 'em. Self protection (almost universally untrue, since the readily available masks are essentially useless for that) or social consciousness about protecting others, which is a "proven" concept. The third possibility is conflict avoidance.

18. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I still dont see the logic of cloth masks when your eyes and ears are still exposed, other than to prevent spraying. but even then most masks are loose and you get some around the edges if you sneeze or cough.

I think the whole thing has no logic

Gator 45/70 and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  19. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

That is what the goggles are fer :) and the hear plugs which also tones down the volume of everyone complaining.

sec_monkey and Gator 45/70 like this.
  20. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

I honestly wish I could say that logic applies in politics. To me, it looks like there was a convenient horse walking by when the SHTF and dot gov mounted up and rode off randomly. They have refined the mask concept (I think) to at least justify some of the random broadcast air time that isn't otherwise consumed by dreck.

Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Ariasmith
  5. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
  7. Alanaana
  8. Alanaana
    Media

Thankful

I feel so thankful for my life and each new day.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
  10. Alanaana
  11. Alanaana
  12. jefferson
  13. Alanaana
  14. jefferson
  15. fl4848
  16. HK_User
  17. Ganado
  18. hot diggity
  19. Ganado
  20. hot diggity