Mass psychosis

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Minuteman, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

This is a very interesting video. It explains the psychology of how a population can be molded into compliant sheep.
    It explains the paradox of the "good German". How could normal, good, Germans have gone along with and supported a corrupt, evil, totalitarian system like Nazism. It is not about that specifically but the same theme.
    Very relevant to today's atmosphere.

duane, Brokor, techsar and 1 other person like this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Very much the same way things are happening now, part apathy, part denial, part head in the sand! Nobody believed it could happen, and that slickster spoke purty words, until the ax came down and he got his power, then it was fill the box cars and conquer the world!

duane, Yard Dart and Minuteman like this.
  3. duane

duane Monkey+++

Hitler looks crazy to us, but a good friend of mine was an Austrian Jew. German was his native language and he got out in about 1937 and came to the US. Most of his extended family was killed by the Nazi and he served in the US Army in WW2. He told me that he watched the film of the Nurenberg rally in its whole and said that about half way thru it, he was being affected by the speakers and all. This is in spite of knowing where it lead and not interacting with the crowd and all that effect.

We do things in a crowd that we would never do if alone.

mysterymet, SB21 and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

I stay far away from crowds and beware of any charismatic speakers.

mysterymet, oldawg and duane like this.
  5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Interesting video and well done. This is exactly what we have happening around us now. We're smack in the middle of it.

As far as Hitler's Nazi Germany and/or Mussolini's Fascist Italy, it was a bit different in economics, quality of life, crime and especially morality. Berlin was a real cesspool and even if you took Las Vegas, Bangkok, Amsterdam and combined them with all the other modern day 'sin cities' they could not even come close to making a 1930's Berlin.

Anyway, I found it extremely interesting...Thank you!

Minuteman likes this.
  6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Dad taught me to challenge things people teach because often times people speak with emotion rather than fact.
    After the Sunday morning service, we sat down at lunch and discussed the message at length and even brought out bibles and other text to qualify what was said. Not to find fault but to find the truth.
    With anyone that speaks publically about anything, I don't take their word for it.
    The conflict I had with college/school is that the adamant attitude of some teachers that demand you think their way or your wrong didn't fly with me concerning history or social sciences. I can accept and do expect that things I say get challenged it is only right.
    I gave my children the tools to think for themself, and as a result, they think for themself and do very well.

mysterymet, Bandit99, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7