Maybe I live under a rock

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oil pan 4, Mar 5, 2019.

1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

We aren't going to change.
    it's ingrain into each one of us to control resources around us for our benefit.
    right now .. humans are resources that can obtain additional resources.
    Remember, it wasn't the miners that got rich in most cases .. it was the shop keepers that mined the miners.

only way to go back is for a mass extinction event for humans. That way we can go back not needing to control other and their resources as there will be too much time spent producing our own. But the cycle will repeat once we start cooperating and moving back into cities.

Lancer, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I lived down wind from Hanford and worked on one of the sites. For sure, wartime exigencies and early science and engineering did not anticipate much of what's out there in the desert. All the same, the problems are recognized and, tho' costly, will be reduced in scope. Those of us alive for a "few" years won't see the end of the efforts, but eventually the hazards will be reduced to acceptable levels. Acceptable means different things to different people. Would I move back there? Absolutely. We enjoyed the area immensely.

mysterymet, Gator 45/70 and VisuTrac like this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

That is good to know. I was never sure if the press was playing down the dangers or if the area would be safe to live near.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well if the Democrats come up with an economic plan better than legalizing prostitution, let me know.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Proud member of the 19%. Grew up poor and made it. Bust my butt every day to stay in the upper middle class. It can be done...

6. Capt. Tyree

Capt. Tyree Hawkeye

I hope we as a country understand that as long as there is a pathway full of opportunity to work one's way up the success ladder, as well as down, there is hope that the American Dream is real. There is no guarantee of a better outcome, only the opportunity to pick oneself up and try again. Very few of us are instant winners. Most of us realize that it takes many tries on possibly a different pathway with repeated determination to finally realize one's own version of success in the USA.

Zimmy, SB21, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Do we know any of the demographics of all these late auto payments and foreclosures?
    As of a year or 2 ago people over 60 are making up the fastest growing group of bankruptcy filings because they are getting destroyed financially by out of pocket health care costs.
    It only something like 1% of realestate loans to go into foreclosure to cause a financial melt down.
    I would like to know who all these bad auto loans are from. My guess would be millennials. They want instant gratification, most have nothing saved and the average student debt they carry is $42,000.

I never had a car I couldn't buy with cash and all my college tuition plus books were paid in full before the first day of class.

Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Chief spreading bull says she will breakup big tech companies.
    So they will make sure she doesn't get elected.
    That's the only intelligent thing any of them said thus far that I am aware of.

Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Biggest turning off of utilities down here is...........
    The places where the hipsters and yuppies pile up and live.....

oldawg likes this.
  10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

11. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

"Thrift" is no longer fashionable.

3cyl, Zimmy, oldawg and 1 other person like this.
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I was never fashionable.

13. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Me either. When I die , I'm gonna be buried in a t shirt , Jean shorts and work boots , with my E.G.A cover on my head.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

This week:
    Abolish electoral college.
    Allow 16 year olds to vote in federal elections.
    Add supreme Court justices until they have the majority.
    Complete government takeover of healthcare.
    Complete education takeover.
    O and we are all going to die in 12 years if they don't ban fossil fuels.

Who the hell is going to vote for that dumpster fire?

15. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Last week allow terrorists, murders and drug dealers to vote.
    Joe Biden has been in Washington DC for like 50 years and now all of a sudden he is going to fix things.
    Democrats really can't be this stupid can they?

Looks like for 2020 democrats are running on:
    Get trump
    Environment
    Abortion
    Open boarders
    Ban guns

Most important things to voters right now according to gallop:
    Healthcare
    Economy
    Immigration

So democrats are on one of the issues.
    But it appears that most voters want a working immigration system.
    Democrats want to abolish the immigration system, remove boarders, disband ICE and boarder patrol, allowing unchecked entry of everything into this country. This does not appear to remotely resemble anything that most voters are looking for.

Last poll I saw said 85% or more of voters do not want infanticide or very late term abortions and abortion is near the bottom of the list for most voters.
    This appears to be a toxic subject for most people and I don't know why the dems continue to associate them selves with it.

On guns. Everything I have heard the Democrats running say points me to the conclusion that they have no understanding or idea of what the gun laws in the United States are. But this is the kind of mindless stupidity that gets anti gun people all charged up.

The environment. Turns out banning cars and ending air travel aren't very popular.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2019
    Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Dems are gearing up for a repeat of how they lost in 2016.
    In addition to infanticide, gun control they are making another lgqbtwtf push.
    Make them so extra special equal it amounts to special treatment. Not popular with the vast majority of voters.

Did you see their new green deal rally?
    No? That's not a surprise.
    What a freak show, none of the libtard networks covered it because they knew it was going to be so off the deep end it would turn off the majority of normal reasonable democrats. For once we agree.
    With the addition of "the get trump crusade", which most voters are tired of. The majority of voters want congress to get off their self serving high horse and help fix the damn country.

Top issues for voters are still healthcare (that doesn't mean abortion / infanticide), economy, immigration, trade.
    The Don is taking on all those and appears to be winning most of them.

Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and Mountainman like this.
  17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

This week trump wants to do infrastructure and fix prescription drug prices.
    The Democrats are still focused on on the "get trump crusade".
    Fixing infrastructure and lowering prescription drug prices resonates much better with voters than "get trump".

Looks like the dems are split into 3 groups and they are at war with each other and it seems like they don't want a to find a way to work together.
    1 the establishment dems, they can do math and know they will never get the votes, know impeachment is toxic to the party.
    2 the impeachment dems. They don't care about the party, America or Americans, they just want to get trump at all cost.
    3 the extremists. These dems legitimately hate the United States, are communists, openly anti-semantic, want the new green deal, don't care if it destroys the economy. As destroying the economy appears to be the desired outcome.

The funny thing is the dems railed against white people and white privilege for 11 years and their 2 top guys to run are white. Oh the irony.

oldawg, Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Still running on "go after fossil fuel companies" and free health care for all.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

How did I miss this thread?

I listened to NPR on the way home so I'm in just the right mood to answer the original questions.

A1. Yes, print more money, pay everybody a "living wage" of at least $15.00 an hour, and provide "free" college. At the same time
    welcome anyone who crosses our Southern border, legally or illegally and give them free health care, education, housing and food assistance at taxpayer expense. Oh and don't forget to raise taxes on fossil fuels exponentially to help us be more like Europe.

A2. Yes, disarm the entire population, except their paid security, through costly "background check" fees, and "red flag laws." Use money that was intended to build border walls and use it to advance these "gun safety measures." Cut the military budget by 50% (a candidate for President actually said this!) and open the border to anyone.

A3. Yes. Make healthcare to everyone "free."

If you disagree with any of the platform above you are an old racist, white nationalist, bigot who will die soon and make way "for the real change that we need."

You haven't been living under a rock, these are their real policies.

If you really want to get your head hurting, just listen to how many times they call the United States a nation, then see how often President Trump does it. I don't know if it's his age or if he just gets it. These United States are a country.

Gator 45/70 and oldawg like this.
  20. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well biden just f'ed up.
    He said on Anderson cooper that he wants to go after your guns.
    Demonstrated he has no clue about the law, saying you can't have a flame thrower or bazooka. Flame throwers are unrestricted by the fed, only illegal in CA and maybe 1 or 2 other states. "Bazookas" are restricted but most people can own them.

So far all dems who ever ran on a heavily anti gun platform in the main election lost.

Dont, Gator 45/70 and mysterymet like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7