Maybe I live under a rock

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oil pan 4, Mar 5, 2019.

1. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Yeah off the top of my head I'd say you forgot that ol boy FDR, you know, the father of the NFA. As bad as it was it wasn't all he wanted along with his "new Deal". And how about good ol LBJ who gave us the GCA '68 along with his vision of "A great society" Never underestimate even a moderate democrat's desire to place you on your knees in shackles. And no it isn't just dems. President Reagan signed the hoax known as the Firearm Owners Protection act. Give ANY politician the ability to disarm the American citizen and you just voted for one more cattle car on the tracks.

3cyl, 3M-TA3, oldman11 and 3 others like this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Lbj didn't get elected. Kennedy didn't appear to be anti gun at all.
    I was unaware fdr ran on heavy anti gun platform. Or was it a case of people voted for one thing and got another? I don't think fdr promised to take all our guns, gold and silver coins to make everything better.
    Did Reagan run on an anti gun platform?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

LBJ won the Presidency in 1964 with more than 60% of the popular vote and the law and order plank did concern gun control as a step into his "great society" dream. He was a crook and murderer (yeah I know they never proved it to the public) of high order. FDR wanted to follow his party's ambition to move gun control away from the states. His New Deal For Crime part of his New Deal platform would have taxed ALL firearms and ammo as well as creating a national registry. His own party stripped down the NFA bill from his original plan. And yes the people still voted him in again and again and again. President Reagan Did not run on a antigun platform instead he only stated an opposition to a few parts of GCA'68 rather than addressing the concerns of citizens who believed the whole damn act was unconstitutional. Of course he won anyway because he ran against the second worst president in history(third if you count Lincoln) in 1980 and got lucky again in'84 because he ran against Mondale. Bottom line presidential candidates from both parties have run on gun control of one form or another. Their greed for power causes them to lose reading comprehension when the part about "shall not be infringed" appears.

SB21, Mountainman and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

They also tend to think that the enumerated rights were privileges granted to their subjects and not restrictions placed on the government by it's citizens. If we fail to exercise our rights, enumerated or not, we will become completely subjugated. We are damn near there at this point anyway. We the People are like the trusting cuckold husband (or wife) who trusts the cheating spouse and never suspects they are being played.

Idahoser, 3cyl, Mountainman and 2 others like this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Beto is saying mandatory assault weapons buy back, prison time for those who don't comply.
    They want to classify almost anything that can accept a high capacity mag, even handguns as "assault weapons".

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    Gator 45/70 and oldawg like this.
  6. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

^^^^^ Well I'm too old to go to prison and not interested in selling the goobs any firearms or mags.

7. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Those people can't be trusted with firearms! I wouldn't sell them a wrist rocket.

oldawg, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

How does one do a "mandatory buy back?"

First issue would seem to be that it violates the Constitution. But let's say we brush that aside and just go full retard.

How do you buy something ""back" that is perfectly legal to own, you didn't sell, that isn't for sale, and is priceless to the owner? Who is going to pay for it? ...and you will arrest people who refuse your offer?

Time to get the band back together, because this whole election thing isn't going to pan out.

Gator 45/70, oldawg and SB21 like this.
  9. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Really excellent questions. Seems to me that it all stems from a lack of (or poor) education in the English language. Seems to me that you can use any words at all to mean anything you want them to mean. English is not supposed to be contextually based, but it's getting that way.

Gator 45/70, SB21 and hot diggity like this.
  10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

How about another question.
    If the libtards dismantle the police and defund the military who is going to take your guns?
    (I'm really sure they haven't thought this through at all or were stoned like a biblical whore when they did)

3cyl, Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  11. hot diggity

I think the folks that think it's such a swell idea should be the ones knocking on our doors. This would allow them to get a better feel for the real grassroots support for such ideas. Take the Trick-or-Treat approach, hit the neighborhoods with really dense populations first, so you can get the most candy. Let us know how it works out.

3cyl, Gator 45/70, oldawg and 2 others like this.
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Trump won the climate change debate thingy and he wasn't even there.
    Saw the cliff notes on youtube.
    F me the dems are a disaster.
    If any of the normal reasonable Democrats see or hear 5% of the BS they spew a large portion are going to stay home and drink.

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  13. hot diggity

We just went through another hurricane preparation. What did people stock up on? Gas and generators. Why? Because the last things people want to do without are their cars and electricity.

What is the first thing on the climate change agenda to be restricted/eliminated? Fossil fuel. Until somebody pops out a replacement for coal powered electric power generation and alternative fuel cars this strategy is a loser. Even better, making non-coal electric and alternative fuel vehicles more expensive will directly affect the poorest Americans first.

Go ahead, try cutting off the power to a city block on a summer day to save the planet, then tell the residents they can't drive to the air conditioned WalMart because their cars cause climate change. You'd have riots that'd make Detroit and Watts look like a family picnic.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. hot diggity

Alternative fuel? How about wood?
    [​IMG]

Gator 45/70 and chelloveck like this.
  15. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

We have a replacement for coal.
    It's called nuclear.
    Coal is used to cover base load, that's what nuclear also does really well.

The government (under obama) already wasted a ton of money studying how/if electric cars would help poor people.
    The study found that poor people usually don't have a place to park and charge their car, they can't afford to have electrician install a 240v receptacle to plug in an evse if they do, if they do have a parking charging setup they usually move every year 1 or 2 anyways, they live in apartments don't have charging, if they drive more than 30 to 50 miles a day then overnight 120v charging won't keep their car charged and need 240v. The shitty jobs they work don't provide free charging. For profit public chargers end up costing as much if not more than gas.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Oh now they're saying citizens are not a priority compared to illegals.
    Boom, election won.
    4 more years.

Beto bitch says amnesty for all, green new deal, ambiguous global warming is all our fault. Ect. It's like joker running gotham out there.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Beto says he is going to take your guns.
    And it looks like non of them wanted talk about jobs and the economy.
    Just what shit they were going to take, give away and force you to buy.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. Granddad used to say there are three things polite people don't discuss: religion, politics, and sex. Religion, no one knows for sure what happens until it's too late, unless the Hindus are right. Politics, as soon as you realize that the politicians are only after themselves, and are pushing their agenda only for themselves. And sex, well, everyone thinks they are an expert, but only 10% REALLY know what they are doing. Granddad was a wise man. And banks, never put all of your money in one because when you need it, you can't get it.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well looks like running on a hard anti gun platform will cause you to poll at a solid 0.
    Looks like the rest of the pack has backed away from the anti gun soap box.

3cyl and Gator 45/70 like this.
  20. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yea, and when Pocohauntus started jabbering about it after the last Gun Incident, her Polling took a Giant DUMP toward Zero...

Gator 45/70, mysterymet and 3cyl like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7