Media backlash

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Oltymer, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Absolutely true. Go to the local library and get Walter Cronkite's bio. Read it. Did you see where he admitted everything said above? "The most trusted voice in American broadcasting" and he admits it is all made up, lies and only what our masters wanted us to know. And yet "alt-news" is attacked here because our masters can't control it and it exposes too much of their agenda to the sheeple and their tame/lame lap dogs don't like it..

3M-TA3 likes this.
  2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

In order to deal with the problem, those that make the decisions for the media need to be dealt with.
    Just like the gun issues, it's the operator, not the gun.

Cruisin Sloth and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Yes, United States, Inc. And since when do American Citizens elect "leaders", exactly? [beer]

"Chief Executive Leader" [nono]

Ganado, Yard Dart and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

No, but he's a known quantity in other words and others (perhaps you, perhaps not you) aren't. Again, you misinterpreted what Sea said and were simply being corrected. Now, regardless of street cred, the COC prohibits direct personal attacks. Sometimes the line is skirted and sometimes our shadows cross the line but we do try to stick to a certain level of decorum. You were being directed to the COC by a moderator short of an official warning (that goes on your permanent record! :D) rather than being given a short vacation.

Be cool, chill a little, reread what @Seacowboys and @ghrit actually wrote and maybe try again? Or not. Your call. But no, even the old timers don't really get cut that much slack (if any) in certain matters.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    chelloveck, Ganado, Yard Dart and 3 others like this.
  5. duane

duane Monkey+++

Tend to agree with GOG. Never did care for the Obummer, but didn't riot in the streets, hire lawyers to try to find a loop hole to impeach him, etc he won, spent 8 years in office and I didn't agree with him. They ran a candidate, lost the election,now want to take the ball and go home. We all don't think the same and for the most part get along and act as adults, wish the left and most of the media would act like adults and stop throwing tantrums.

Legion489, GOG, Ganado and 1 other person like this.
  6. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I think he is probably more amused than offended.

There is a very good reason that freedom of the press was included with that of religion and assembly in the 1st amendment and It's my belief that the major problem not so much with the media but with a citizenry that fails the test of critical thinking. Since before the signing of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, the press has been used to attack those who subscribe to a different opinion, to smear the reputations of good men and women, and to disseminate untruths. Thomas Jefferson gave his recommendations that newspapers should be " agreeably divided into four sections: Truths, Probabilities, Possibilities, and Lies." Publications were an offspring of politics. Jefferson and Madison hired Philip Freneau, a Princeton educated journalist, to set up the National Gazette to counter the propaganda published by the Gazette of the United States backed by Hamilton and the Federalists. It wasn't until the 19th century that journalists saw a value to separating from political parties and considered something called "realism," a movement that encouraged writers to report facts and allow truth to flow from facts, not opinions.

During the 1920's the concept of "unbiased" journalism came to the forefront. Objectivity would remove cultural and personal biases that interfered with "truth."

So, unbiased journalism is a relatively young concept

I think that it would be easier for us all if we could pick up any newspaper and read the "truth" but not only would that negate the value of the 1st amendment but truth itself is pretty subjective.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    GOG, chelloveck, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  7. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

nice post @RightHand i did not know that objectivism in the press was a realatively new concept. Now i gotta do some history reading on press. THanks!

Ura-Ki, chelloveck and RightHand like this.
  8. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Non Americans have as much right to be concerned about the nature and qualities of the POTUS as Americans do should, if only that he (thus far no American equivalent of Golda Meir has snagged the Presidency) seems to be the principal person who makes the decision to invade and bomb non-American countries into democracy, and enlists the support of sucker client states like Australia, NZ, Canada, Britain, etc etc, as "allies" to give these enterprises a fig leaf of "international" "legitimacy". Congress, who is supposed to authorise such hostile action before the fact, seems to be , of latter decades, relegated to a titular, after the event, ceremonial authoriser. Foreign policy, trade policy, defence ties and alliances, fiscal and economic policies and so forth, by the president and his administration are legitimately the concern of all inhabitants on this ball of dirt called earth.

Where was your umbrage and righteous outrage when the residents at SM were name calling the then POTUS Obozo, Nobammy, NoBama, or Obama bin Laden et al?? Name calling can also indicate contempt: whether that contempt is earned / deserved is a value judgement, that in Strumpet's case, may be well justified based on his own words and more importantly, actions. Litigants in the Trump University scandal may have a more critical and less rosy view of Trump, than some of the more vocal Trump supporters here might have.

From what I can see of his early actions is to increase the national debt by Mexican Wall building, and markedly increased defence spending, which may end up in a Soviet Union style fiscal meltdown redolent of the late 1980's which resulted in the dissolution of the Soviet Union, and the destruction of the Berlin Wall....that other political public work which was built to frustrate international migration. I hope that the USA doesn't experience a similar outcome.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    Cruisin Sloth, Ura-Ki and Legion489 like this.
  9. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Damn, somebody's liable to throw a one or a zero at me, like I give a rat's ass about anyone's opposition to my opinion, especially regarding the first ammendment or that little thing about All men being crreated equal.A large number of us did not support Donald Trump, we voted against Hillary Clinton, so those of you that are whining about the election results have only yourselves to blame. In the past eight years, my health care insurance has tripled in cost, the co-pay has quadrupled, and the coverage has been cut by at least 60% so that I can pay for those that don't have a job, aren't looking for a job, and in many cases, have never had a job. I am 61 years old and will never be able to retire because of excessive health care costs that I have to pay for my invalid wife, costs that formerly were covered under the health care plan that I worked to pay for but now has been degraded to allow for others to have a Walmart, disposable version of it. I have been called a "Racist" because I spoke against a politician that I did not support and he happened to be a negro so that negated my right to speak against his policy. I would surrender and become a liberal, I could certainly use some of that free stuff, someone to pay my $300.00 a month cell bill would certainly help. I have had to work my entire life, I had a vasectomy when I was younger so I can't be anybody's baby-daddy, but maybe I can find a rich "life partner" to marry and hit the national homo-parade circuit? I own a lot of guns, I can give these to BLM and the Panthers, maybe they can shoot a few more police and better hold some of that prime real estate they like to loot and burn to a shell. Over-turning and burning cars is one of the most unique means I have ever seen to stimulate the automobile industry, that "take it to the streets" policy has certainly made Detroit a worker's paradise. Where do I sign up and join? Do I get a free Pussy hat?

Sapper John, 3M-TA3, duane and 8 others like this.
  10. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Snort coffee all over your keyboards again Ghrit?

11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

YES.

bebop, Ura-Ki and RightHand like this.
  12. chelloveck

I'll get the ladies in my knitting group to knit you one.....damnit... I'll even learn to knit, and knit you one myself!

A one size fits all pussy warmer should work! ;)

[​IMG]
    Via: About

I'll send it to you via RH...I'll even donate the wool....any shade of pink you prefer??? :LOL:

bebop, Ura-Ki and ghrit like this.
  13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Each and every pussy hat MUST have a diaper pin, don't forget!!

Mountain mama, 3M-TA3, GOG and 3 others like this.
  14. Legion489

Exactly. The same thing is going on here as well, as you put it, "used to attack those who subscribe to a different opinion, to smear the reputations of good men and women, and to disseminate untruths" by those who do not want the truth out. By those who can delete any message they deem "useless" and then post messages that would barely rise to the level of worthless, much less useless, just because they can and get away with it. Or because the post exposes too much that they don't want exposed. What better way to attack and smear than delete the truth, post lies, half truths and other such things that can stand because only because there is no opposition to it?

As noted above, Seacowboys was, as I said, able to defend himself quite well. He had no need of anyone to attack or threaten someone else on his behalf. He merely stood up and said what he wanted to say, like a man.

I was once asked what I had against anyone, and the answer is nothing, UNLESS they feel they can throw their weight around and attack others with impunity, hiding behind their power to keep the truth hidden by not allowing it out. That includes SeeBS, NBC, MSNBC, ABC and anyone else who feels they have to or can bully others to get their own way.

Seacowboys likes this.
  15. Legion489

Hell Chell, maybe you could mass knit them and sell them! I bet there would be many here who would enjoy an Aussie Chelloveck Pussy Hat rather than support the local pussies. If you don't want to make them to sell, could I get one anyway?

bebop and chelloveck like this.
  16. chelloveck

Call me a cynic, but I suspect a fiendish plot to get me away from the keyboard by putting a pair of knitting needles in my hands instead....:ROFLMAO:

Sapper John, GOG, Yard Dart and 4 others like this.
  17. bebop

bebop My Maggie

@ghrit ,@Seacowboys and chell thank you guys I haven't laughed that hard in a very long time
    p.s. woke the wife laughing

Mountain mama and chelloveck like this.
  18. chelloveck

It's all in good fun....Seacowboys enjoys the respect and props of a number of monkeys here.....including me.

19. rjburk

rjburk Monkey

Let's put Mexico on your Border and see what happens ? easy for you to judge when you have no dog in the fight.....It's funny how suddenly Trump gets attacked and people seem to forget all the Obama liberal policies that created so much harm and chaos across the world.....which earned him quite a few names....The National Debt went up how much under Obama ? and yet you are already blaming Trump for an increase.....the debt will increase, no way to stop it....8 years of no accountability has secured the debt will increase....it will take several years of turning back those 8 years to slow and fix a lot of it, and you sound as though that is Trump's fault....Please tell your leaders not to be sucker's as you call them, start a movement in YOUR country to quit being suckers......you have a dog in that fight....

20. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

True. Unless, of course you collapse the system entirely and once again print debt free money, or as a fall back measure use gold and silver backed currency, but that is only a temporary resolve until "hoarding", and "panic" ensues once again and the private banks roll back in. Yes, the only way to beat this mad cow is to put it out of its misery. This usury scheme was devised to ultimately destroy the wealth of the people, transferring the majority of it into the hands of the very few and creating one worker class of citizen to function under their masters.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7