mgtow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, Oct 21, 2018.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Men Going Their Own Way....

hmmm.... thinkin this seems like a response to the radical feminist?

any opinions on it?

also thinkin how this could affect prepping...

guess this would go out the window if there ever was a shtf-teotwawki kinda thing???

Gator 45/70 and Zimmy like this.
  2. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

It would probably go out the window with vengeful energy to the detriment of women at a disadvantage.

This is just another example of the wedges being driven between us although this may be more of a symptom than a wedge.

Dont, SB21, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

MGTOWS???? Methinks they swallowed the red pill, swilled down with a whole other bunch of horsesh!t.....

[​IMG]

I don't think many women will be heartbroken that MGTOWS are going their own way to form their wanky misogyny colonies...MGTOWS don't merit restocking their genes in the human genome.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    Yard Dart, Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. chelloveck

Is this the MGTOW fantasy that you are referring to?
    [​IMG]
    meme extracted from blog article below

5. chelloveck

I understand that it is a little difficult for some men to effectively negotiate a world where: women have some degree of personal agency; are not the property of their father, or husband; are capable of earning their own living; do not feel the need to be subservient to the whims and demands of men who believe that they have some kind of proprietary interest in them. The appeal of withdrawing from that world...is understandable, but I would have to say that the world that they are withdrawing to seems to be quite emotionally impoverished.

It's not so much a case of feminism ruining the men's world, just that women are not tending to play the relationship game to men's rules and advantage as much anymore...some men need to adapt to the gender relations paradigm shift, or become irrelevant to the great project called humanity. The MGTOW phenomenon to me seems a bit like cavemen withdrawing to their dark caverns, eating their paleo meat raw, instead of coming to terms with that new fangled thing called 'fire'.

6. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

not real sure I can agree with that assessment...

seen many doing their best workin their butts off and reasonably happy only to come home and hear or find it's time for a divorce...

and she gets/takes everything... cause well she is bored or unhappy or wants more... whatever... no real reason... just wants out...

way too often SEEMS to stem from she never told him stuff he was supposed to just know... kinda thing...

also the #metoo and such is NOT helping... we are told to believe all women... yet so many outright lie...

not objecting to women having rights... and from what I've seen most MGTOW types don't either...

it's that so many things have become so out of balance... and leans so far to the female side... it's a bit much...

the statement you gave is so... what... 90's?

kinda sounds like you may be out of touch with the current situation?

seen divorces that were fairly reasonable and both walked away fairly happy...

most of those were mutual... and neither tried to take advantage of the other...

SB21 likes this.
  7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

MGTOW,
    interesting .
    I think that the current technology and artificial insemination widened the NEED for one another, as well as industrialization and the continuing job strain .
    In the beginning only dad worked and the economy was ok. but things changed and mom had to work, but she could not make what dad did , her time was less valued . though the work was valuable .
    Gender based pay was imbalanced believing men were the bread winners, not women. A man taking a job "normally assigned to a woman" was paid better than a woman.
    Our culture has taken some very radical turns , and some have abused the opportunity angering those yet attached in the past.
    Women cannot perform exactly the same as men due to their construction . no fault involved, however industrially speaking a job is a contract to fill product or service at a standard .
    A man can move 50 - 50 lb bags of cement in an hour point A to point B .
    A woman can move 30- 50 lb bags of cement in an hour point A to point B. they do not accomplish the same work. ( these numbers are hypothetical ) these are not apples and apples, these are dogs and cats. both animals both constructed differently .
    Who preforms the most work per hour ?
    Whom is making "the company" more money ?
    The frustration for employers, is This issue .
    Fair pay should remain one's productivity , not an hourly wage . IMO
    Problems arise when people demand pay ,not based on productivity , but on personal responsibility outside work .(debt)
    I understand the problem single women have "income wise" and may be incentives should exist for them for housing and such.
    I digress,
    The relationship between men and women is stressed more and more in this strife for equality/diversity . and socially it is harder to be the old fashioned woman men look for . when neither really know what they are looking for.
    My wife of almost 40 years is gone now ,but I have no desire to be married again nor have another romantic relationship . I'm friendly but not involved .
    Those I meet that show interest, loose interest when I Lay these things out up front . It's OK , I like my sanity .
    I feel bad for decent modern men and the division being created by the jerks that women base their hatred on all men for.

SB21 likes this.
  8. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Pretty good assessment in my opinion .
    While I was married no where near your time , I do envy you for the opportunity you had with , obviously , a good woman. I have been thru my relationships, and I think I have tired of the work involved in trying to keep one together. I feel that if you've found your right partner , then there shouldn't be that much work involved in it. Sure there will be times for give and take , but I've been thru to many takes. At my times now , I'm like you , I have a few I'm friendly with , but it's not going much farther , because there'll be more give on my end , that in the end is going to do no more than cost me time , energy , money and heartache. I can spend the time , energy and money on my projects , without having to explain how and why , and I don't need the heartache after wasting the other 3 on a one sided relationship. I'm not saying it's not going to happen at some point , but I'm not hunting for it , my huntin' times now are in the woods , and I come back more relaxed than when i went out. No sense in ruining a good thing. Times sure aren't like when my parents and grandparents came about , sure they had a few hard times , but you could see their commitments to each other . These days , it seems they're always eyeing the other pasture . I like my grass , no matter how green it is .

Itchba likes this.
  9. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

There is a balance in life between acquaintance and friend.
    Friends are those who know your business and still associate with you. you know their business and associate with them .
    Acquaintances are those with whom you guard your conversation and your wallet .
    A friend you can hand your wallet and trust them to keep it secure .
    Some women are so into romance the don't know how to make a friend and men often have the same problem.
    The aim should be to develop a friendship and then let it go where it's going to go and not push romance .

10. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Life without women would be abysmal.

They are the flavor and the meat of life's meal.

These mopes are putting on a neck tourniquet to cure a bloody nose.

A person might as well make a name for himself as a great bank robber before spending forever only in the company of men.

11. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

I've had friends where the wife took them to the cleaners. After the divorce. Only to find out the wife had been sleeping with one of her co-worker for 2 or 3 tears.

When I served in the RoK, about half the guys in the unit were getting served.... Their marriages had all fallen apart long before they left for the remote tour.

(Hold up hand)
    How out of touch do you have to be to not notice your mate is off sleeping with someone? For years?

I'm lucky, I guess. Met and married a women raised (mostly) on a farm in rural Utah. She wanted to be married and have/raise children DW didn't work out of the house until the youngest was in 3rd grade.
    Times were tight, money-wise on a couple of occasions, but we were both willing to do with less in order for her to be an "at-home Mom". This was something we both agreed on before tying the knot.

Now, the kiddos are all grown, have their own lives and we get to enjoy time with the grand kids. We've lived what many might call a plain or simple life - but we are happy with it.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7