Minnesota becomes a gateway to Canada for rejected African migrants

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stg58, Feb 6, 2017.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Time for Canada to build a wall ?

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    The men pay hundreds of dollars for middle-of-the-night cab rides north to the Canadian border. They wade into the Red River to dodge border agents in summer and trudge through waist-deep snow in winter. On Christmas Eve, two wandered in the wind-swept flatness and lost their fingers to frostbite.

Minnesota has become a key stop for a soaring number of migrants from Somalia and other African countries who sneak into Canada to seek asylum. More than 430 arrived in Winnipeg since April, up from 70 three years ago. Most come by way of Minneapolis, sometimes after grueling treks across Latin America and stints in U.S. immigration detention.

The exodus is now coinciding with new steps by the Trump White House to restrict immigrant and refugee entry — policies expected to spur even more crossings.

“I was used to people coming north into the U.S.,” said Scott Webster, deputy agent in charge at the U.S. Border Patrol’s Pembina, N.D., station and a veteran of the border with Mexico. “Now, they are still going north, but heading out of the U.S.”

Minnesota becomes a gateway to Canada for rejected African migrants

2. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

3. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

4. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Whatever it takes to get 'em out of here. We can't afford to support them any more.

5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

The ONE'S I have seen ARE USELESS !!
    It's a full time babysitting JOB !
    I ve seen 3 who will never be asked back on a job site.
    NEVER , Cost a man to look after dumb sandbox groomers.
    OUR IDIOT let in WAY too many !!

Lets ship them up to groom snow & they will leave !!

6. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Many of the refugees are no strangers to snow and ice....given a choice between snow grooming, and being deported to face their Taliban / ISIS persecutors, you might find the tidiest, best groomed snow you ever saw.....they couldn't do any worse than this couple :eek:

upload_2017-2-7_19-56-29.

....Couple narrowly escape as snow-grooming vehicle sinks through ice near Val-des-Monts. The couple might be muslims, but probably aren't.

7. Mindgrinder

I have my doubts....there's no shortage of "good ole boys" in every province east of BC that the media couldn't cover it up and there would most certainly be public outrage. There is considerable pressure on Canadian Muslims to start "policing their own".

On the other hand...we're not experiencing the "rising of the right" up here at all....our media is completely biased vrs Trump and frankly....America as a whole....for now.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  8. Mindgrinder

It depends on the individual. We have a fair number of immigrants at my office....
    One from Iran who is a good friend of mine and extremely good at his job...
    One from Turkey who is extremely good at his job...
    Although....almost all of our Chinese workers are FAR overqualified and efficient.

9. Mindgrinder

[​IMG]

10. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

I will not not become a north bound lemming! My mommy was borned there, and she got the heck outta there like a rocket!!!

To be fair, she lived on a treeless homestead outside of Moosejaw Saskatchewan! I'd of run too! :D

Ura-Ki, Mindgrinder and chelloveck like this.
  11. Mindgrinder

Clearly a lie...nobody can escape Sask...even dogs....you can see them running away for several miles it's so flat.

Sgt Nambu and Ura-Ki like this.
  12. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grudge Monkey

Spent a bunch of time up in Manitoba, you could roll a bowling ball 90 miles across that place and it wouldn't stop! Now Banff, that's some of the most beautiful country on this here Erff! If I was to high tail it north, that's where you would likely find me!

chelloveck and Sgt Nambu like this.
  13. Mindgrinder

You could also spend your entire life without locking your doors and never get robbed.
    West coast is nice to look at but the people suck the further you go west.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  14. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grudge Monkey

Much of the Old U.S. I grew up in, you never worried about locking your doors, and we had a great big gun cabinet with glass doors just as you walked in! Never had a single issue till after Reagan was president!!! It all went to hell after that! I live 60 miles from the nearest city, and I lock every thing down tight, too many effed up folks these days!!!

Mindgrinder likes this.
  15. Cruisin Sloth

Your Friends came in WHEN MG ?
    The recent ones are the ones I'm talking about , lack of vetting & total rush because of the idiot wanted to rush in and look like a real Idiot . I hear they are still in hotels @ our cost .. Idiot should fix the Native problem first.

Mindgrinder and Ura-Ki like this.
  16. Mindgrinder

Fair enough argument...they're immigrants.
    Not migrants or refugees.

ghrit likes this.
  17. Mindgrinder

18. Cruisin Sloth

Your Friends who HAVE SPENT YEARS becoming Landed Immigrants,to Citizens ,are choked I bet .
    This is not as EZ as we Brits immigrated into the commonwealth held area .

I see NO respect & need to tell some to use the waste can or so basic things WE Assume !!

That IS what I was getting at.
    Canada is so different than big city USA .
    Not saying we don't litter , but you will get a tongue flapping at you up here.

Ura-Ki, chelloveck and Mindgrinder like this.
  19. Mindgrinder

Ura-Ki likes this.
  20. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grudge Monkey

I visited family up in Oregon during Thanks giving holiday and we saw a YUGE number of "middle eastern types" all over his AO
    These folks were flat out NASTY, they were dressed the same as I saw them in A-Stan, they Stank really bad, and they had trash and cast off crap all over the place! Several times we saw them get out of a car and dump trash on the ground RIGHT THERE!!! And GOD help you if you say anything! They trashed their own country, DO not come here and trash mine!

mysterymet likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7