Monsanto Does It Again - This Time, It's The Bees

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by DMGoddess, Feb 1, 2013.

1. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+

Brokor likes this.
  2. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

That's a way scary company. I rarely think of them without thinking of "The Omen III - The Final Conflict;" where the Anti-Christ owns a company very much like Monsanto, and is using it to take over the world's food production.

3. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+

I never thought of it that way, because Thorne wasn't destroying other crops, just taking over production and distribution, but I can see the correlations. Maybe we should mob the CEO and cut off his hair. :D

tulianr and Brokor like this.
  4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Monsanto is the evil empire. They have systematically destroyed the small American family owned farm and have been instrumental in the urbanization of our nation. Monsanto defines what I believe to be Satan.

5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

simpler to dip him in "Nair".;)

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  6. tacmotusn

tacmotusn Mosquito Sailor

You know multiple decades ago I worked for Monsanto at a plant near Brooksville Florida. I wonder if they would like me to break out my work notebook from when I worked for them, and humble them with the product of what they taught me.... ? just a thought. Are thoughts illegal yet?

7. BTPost

BTPost Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

Depends on if they are Patented thoughts or not, and who holds the Patent..... Just ask all those folks that thought "PodCast" was in the Public Domain, and are now finding out that it is NOT... This includes APPLE, who lost in Court, to the tune of a couple Billion

8. scrapman21009

scrapman21009 Chupacabra Hunter

Now I know where the ideas for Resident Evil came from!
    th. monsanto.

9. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+

Not yet, but that might be next.

10. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I have many choice words for Monsanto, but the only ones I'll 'publish' are that I will never knowingly support them. That's why I am ordering from small heirloom/nonGMO nurseries. Plus the customer service from them is much better than the big companies, because they actually believe in what they do, it's not just a job for them. Been fighting for months with Gurney's over an order last year, they keep coming up with different crap as to why we are not getting our full refund.

11. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+

I ordered a tree from Gurney's once, never got it, and never got a refund. I finally decided that the money wasn't worth the stress, and I will never order from them again. Henry Fields is another name for them, I think, so beware.

12. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Well they are FINALLY giving us proper refund, and all it took was becoming a PR problem and refusing delivery of the trees they tried to give us as a 'refund' instead. I think Kelly's Nursery is also a Gurney's company.

13. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+

Great. I'm sticking with small plants for now, anyway, and no trees for a while. I'm getting seeds from heirloom companies, and I don't anticipate any problems.

14. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Yeah only trees I'm ordering this year are sugar maples(be arriving end of this month), and maybe some black walnuts. Only seeds I order are heirlooms/nonGMO. Most of my orders I've already placed and received, but my order to Seed Savers I won't be doing until Wednesday. Great thing about heirlooms, even if they're a bit pricey to start with, if you know what you're doing, you won't ever have to buy that seed again :cool:

15. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+

It's the learning curve that kills you. ;)

16. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Tell me about it...took me 3 years to figure out that just because spinach in the grocery stores comes from Mexico does NOT mean it's a hot weather plant.

17. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Well, that or the killer bees.....;)

18. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+

Won't take killer bees with me, I'm allergic.

19. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

The regular wasps/yellow jackets are trouble enough. Found out where they were 'nesting' in the ground last fall. Found out kinda the hard way. Only got stung once this time at least. Last time I found a nest the hard way I did get swarmed. At least I learned I'm not allergic. I also learned what NOT to do in that situation, because I pretty much screwed up everything the first time.

20. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Satan fell because of pride. He did not like being “second best.” He wanted to be God: “You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain’”

monsanto means sacred mountain...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7