More EO

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ganado, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Theses always make me nervous as the devil is in the details

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Executive Orders

Executive Order Authorizing the Implementation of Certain Sanctions Set Forth in the Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act
    Foreign Policy

Issued on: September 20, 2018

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.) (IEEPA), the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.), the Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (Public Law 115-44) (CAATSA), the Ukraine Freedom Support Act of 2014 (Public Law 113-272), as amended (UFSA), section 212(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 (8 U.S.C. 1182(f)), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code,

I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, in order to take additional steps with respect to the national emergencies declared in Executive Order 13660 of March 6, 2014, as expanded in scope and relied upon for additional steps taken in subsequent Executive Orders, and Executive Order 13694 of April 1, 2015, as relied upon for additional steps taken in Executive Order 13757 of December 28, 2016, hereby order:

Section 1. (a) When the President, or the Secretary of State or the Secretary of the Treasury pursuant to authority delegated by the President and in accordance with the terms of such delegation, has determined that sanctions shall be imposed on a person pursuant to sections 224(a)(2), 231(a), 232(a), or 233(a) of CAATSA and has selected from section 235 of CAATSA any of the sanctions set forth below to impose on that person, the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State, shall take the following actions where necessary to implement the sanctions selected and maintained by the President, the Secretary of State, or the Secretary of the Treasury:

(i) prohibit any United States financial institution from making loans or providing credits to the sanctioned person totaling more than $10,000,000 in any 12-month period, unless the person is engaged in activities to relieve human suffering and the loans or credits are provided for such activities;

(ii) prohibit any transactions in foreign exchange that are subject to the jurisdiction of the United States and in which the sanctioned person has any interest;

(iii) prohibit any transfers of credit or payments between financial institutions, or by, through, or to any financial institution, to the extent that such transfers or payments are subject to the jurisdiction of the United States and involve any interest of the sanctioned person;

(iv) block all property and interests in property of the sanctioned person that are in the United States, that hereafter come within the United States, or that are or hereafter come within the possession or control of any United States person, and provide that such property and interests in property may not be transferred, paid, exported, withdrawn, or otherwise dealt in;

(v) prohibit any United States person from investing in or purchasing significant amounts of equity or debt instruments of the sanctioned person; or

(vi) impose on the principal executive officer or officers of the sanctioned person, or on persons performing similar functions and with similar authorities as such officer or officers, the sanctions described in subsections (a)(i)–(a)(v) of this section, as selected by the President, the Secretary of State, or the Secretary of the Treasury.......................

Full EO in link below

Executive Order Authorizing the Implementation of Certain Sanctions Set Forth in the Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act | The White House

SB21, Motomom34 and Bandit99 like this.
  2. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

SB21 likes this.
  3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

yeah...Executive Orders are slippery slopes...and what is more annoying is that seldom the damn things ever go away. The new President is elected and doesn't overrule/overturn them so they remain on the books, pretty much like a law unless the court decides they are unconstitutional. I have never truly been convinced that the President indeed has such authority and believe many EOs simple are not challenged by the courts because they reflect their political views or some backroom deal. Yes, I know, Article 2, but it seems vague to me, especially concerning its limitations. Also, why aren't these long standing EOs made into rightful law by our Legislation Branch? Is that not their true function? I understand the necessity of a President having the necessary power(s) to act in a crisis but some of these EOs were signed before I was even born! And, some, many years more! Yeah, slippery slopes and many times I think it is simply another way to circumnavigate the Constitution.

4. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

From what I understand is, and anyone with more accurate information please correct me here if I am wrong, Executive Orders are not to create a new law, which is not within the President's powers. But, they are executed under existing laws, or as permitted by our Constitution.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    3M-TA3 and ghrit like this.
  5. duane

duane Monkey+++

They do depend on fleshing out existing laws, the duty of an executive under the constitution. Problem has always been two fold. First many laws are on the books passed in haste and wide open in scope, after 9-11 or at the start of WW2, or under Johnson during the great society, etc, that allow the president and the civil service to do almost anything. The argument being during the day by day running of the government and during periods of national crisis, congress and the courts are just to slow to act effectually. The actions of the congress for the last several years, no budget, no immigration reform, most actions symbolic only in nature, would tend to reinforce his powers to do so.
    The second problem is that the courts will only take cases in which some harm has occurred, and the president's powers include the legal system, lawyers in the different departments, the FBI, the justice system, and in most cases must in fact bring suit against itself and does so with great reluctance. The Supreme Court of the US has no real power, the removal of the eastern Indians under the Indian Removal Act was in direct contradiction to the Supreme Court, but Jackson was supposed to have said, how many men does the supreme court have in its army. In the past many actions taken by the president under E-orders have either been reversed by congress or by the courts, but in most cases the damage was long since done.

3M-TA3 and Bandit99 like this.
  6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

In theory spread far and wide by those who do not know what's really happening, that may be the believable version of reality, but it certainly is not fact. We would all like to believe the history books from school, and we'd like to believe we have a three branched government with a functioning Constitution. But, that's simply not the case.

We have the most intricately designed and massive form of fascism ever devised, and it's disguised as a democracy while being managed like an oligarchy. It's all corporate cartels with international banks controlling the stage. The republic simply doesn't exist, not one bit, not one tiny shred.

The only one who can rescind an EO is the Executive, being the POTUS or the Sec of Treasury, as both share equally the reigns of power handed to them by Congress (Title 12, Section 95(b) also see Senate Report 93-549, 1973) -all of this is available here at the SM for reference.

FDR and Emergency War Powers (Explained)
    Law - Emergency War Powers (Explained)
    The U.S. Government is NOT a government - It's a CORPORATION
    SLAVERY by CONSENT: How Sovereignty Was Lost - & What To Do
    The Fed
    Military Industrial Complex (Corporate Oligarchy)
    Senate Report 93-549 / Wikipedia / Data Source
    Geo Political - Senate Report 93-549 War and Emergency Powers Acts
    The Public Papers of H. Hoover (pgs. 1084-1088)

Why? How? What?
    FDR and Emergency War Powers (Explained)

The "old" system simply doesn't exist. It's a farce, a charade, a spectacle. They cannot vote and suspend the Emergency of War Powers, we have a dictator. We have a fascist corporate oligarchy. They will put on a show, they will protest, they will argue and they will claim that the democracy exists...but it doesn't. You see, the British learned a long time ago they can gain more by fooling people into believing they are free. They can pass an Act, but they cannot rescind the core components of the EWP, never have, never will. Like the serpent eating its own tail, this puppy is here permanently. Every corporation invests in other corporations, and Congress is the arbiter, the biggest of them all. Like dominoes they will fall. They are not going to lose everything just to make some patriots happy.

Asia-Off-Grid, Zimmy, duane and 3 others like this.
  7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Whats interesting to me is the States refusal to follow E.O's when it's against the political winds in the state! My fav is the immigration dust up,! I better stop now, it's a really sore topic with me!
    Suffice it to say, i don't hold much faith in the E.O's coming down these days, it's like the States don't give a damn about what the POTUS says! Whats worse, the Orders are actually already existing law ( out side the temp war powers act, or martial law) which means the States are violating Fed law! Ever worse when they sue the POTUS because they fee the laws are unconstitutional, yet the laws have already been on the books for years!

Asia-Off-Grid likes this.
  8. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I'm sure none of Donald the Magnificent's buddies would be on that list.....

9. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

SB21 and Bandit99 like this.
  10. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Facts? Why let facts muddy the waters of pure bias and unrealistic emotion based opinion. Better to ignore it completely ignore it and continue to spread our preferred flavor of prejudicial venom. A double thumbs-up to you, MM!

SB21 likes this.
  11. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I just watched the whole movie. I did reveal some things we already knew , but actually put some truth in it. Thanks for posting the link to this movie .

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7