MORE SCARY FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Legion489, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

MORE SCARY FOOD FOR THOUGHT
    …………..
    > >>>
    > >>> I had to take my vehicle to the mechanic the other day for service. The
    > Service Manager, Pete, gave me a ride home and on the way he told me his theory
    > about the upcoming election and the next four years of U.S. government. At first
    > I thought it a bit farfetched. But as I listened to him it began to make sense -
    > scary sense...
    > >>>
    > >>> “I believe that Hillary Clinton will win the election in November,” Pete
    > began. “Then, sometime between November and January, Hillary will be indicted.
    > The IRS is now investigating the Clinton Foundation and the whole e-mail thing
    > isn’t over yet.”
    > >>>
    > >>> “Once under indictment she won’t be able to assume the Office of the
    > President in January. Tim Kaine, who will not actually be the Vice President
    > because neither he nor Hillary have been inaugurated, cannot assume the
    > Presidency.”
    > >>>
    > >>> “The Speaker of the House can’t move up to it because there is already a
    > sitting President and Vice President. So President Obama, in an Executive Order
    > citing “emergency situation,” gives himself another four years in office is the
    > only way possible.”
    > >>>
    > >>> Pete believes Obama has been planning this for a while now, knowing he has
    > enough on Hillary to indict her. Had the Attorney General indicted her based on
    > evidence from the FBI, this plan wouldn’t have worked because the DNC would have
    > quickly come up with another candidate.
    > >>>
    > >>> If you think about it, it’s not that outrageous. Many people on the left,
    > including the President, want Obama to stay another four years. The law
    > prohibits him from being re-elected so the only ways he can do it is by
    > declaring martial law and suspending the election (which would be a very
    > negative thing for the country) or to declare himself still President because
    > the elected candidate cannot assume her duties.
    > >>>
    > >>> The latter makes more sense and is actually more feasible. And since it’s
    > never been done before, it would set a precedent that would be difficult to
    > challenge.
    > >>>
    > >>> Of course, if Trump wins the election none of this is going to happen. But
    > what if Pete is correct? Four more years of Obama and a mostly useless
    > Republican House and Senate would give Obama the time he needs to continue
    > destroying and changing the country to fit his stated goals.
    > >>>
    > >>> I thanked Pete for the ride home – and for messing up my day. Now I’ve got
    > more things to worry about!
    > >>>

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Actually, NO... as of Inauguration Day, the sitting President is No longer President, as well as the Vice President, is No Longer in Office.... So the Sitting Speaker of the House, as of the Last Congress, is Sworn In as President.... Unless, He doesn't get ReElected.... and then it would Go to the Last President ProTem, of the Senate, Unless he also didn't get Reelected.... If he was up for Election in that Election.... HOWEVER, It still would be a GIANT Mess, that ultimately would be decided by the Supreme Court... and It's interpretation of the 25th Amendment.... and the Presidential Succession Act of 1947 as Amended....

chelloveck, Ganado, Oltymer and 2 others like this.
  3. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Actually, I am not so sure. Arguably, the rules of succession wouldn't apply because it is not a sitting president being replaced and the elected Pres would be unable to assume the duties of the office. An argument could also be made that the VP-Elect should assume the head spot on the ticket per an interpretation of the 25th Amendment and be sworn in as "Acting President" until Hillary is either convicted or acquitted. However, Obambam (or the Demos as a whole) has never been too impressed with what the constitution requires and I could see him at least attempting to "prevent a crisis" by holding the office "until such time as a new election is possible" (never). He has also ignored acts of Congress pretty consistently and, with his people running Justice and Defense might just get away with it.

4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Actually the OP is pretty spot on with the opinion! I have been thinking all along that this "election" is just a puppet show to hide the actions of Obummer! He has shown himself to be pretty slimy and able to do things under the radar with out intervention. I Think ether the Donald gets spanked in the rigged election ( illegally ) Killery pulls something to steal the election, or something "big" happens and Obummer holds office by default. No matter what happens, We get the big pickle! Call me crazy, but I am hoping Obummer declares Martial law, thus kick starting the Revolution 2.0 so that we can actually move this country back to the way things should be!

What you’ll see in the rebellion « Bob Owens

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2016
  5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Like they are going to follow the Constitution or any of the Amendments...

6. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I've been thinking Hitlery wins the election , Trumpster's get pissed , because of a rigged election , start a real civil disobedience , Bambam declares martial law , and the rest is doom and despair . But , I , like Ura-Ki , think that if this revolution thing is going to happen , let's get this thing going while I'm still young enough to enjoy it .

Ura-Ki, Bandit99 and Yard Dart like this.
  7. Pax Mentis

You're in for a nasty wakeup call in my experience...

Mountainman, Dont, GOG and 1 other person like this.
  8. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Believe me , it's not something I want to see this country or my children , or others children , go thru . But I'm having less and less faith in the kids of today being able to handle this type of situation . Not that my mid 50s age is 100% up to the task , but as a combat vet , I'm more able to handle this scenario than my daughter .

Ura-Ki, Dont, Yard Dart and 3 others like this.
  9. Pax Mentis

OK...at least you know what you are speaking of...I just react to young guys who have never been in one thinking a war will be fun.

Ura-Ki, Yard Dart and 3M-TA3 like this.
  10. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

The best battle is the one not fought, but the way things are shaking out we may not have a choice.

11. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I do not know. An indictment is a charge and will not make her incapable of doing her duties. Isn't this where innocent until proven guilty comes int play? Granted there is an issue with access to information. The 25th Amendment does not address this situation. It will be up to Congress to decide.

12. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

If Killery is indicated Obama will simply pardon her. Case closed regardless of election results. Better the indictment occurs after Trump is sworn in, assuming he wins and the votes are counted fairly.

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

He can't pardon her unless or until she is convicted. The interesting question will be if he orders his DOJ to nolle prosequi or lets the action go to court.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  14. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

According to to an 1866 ruling by the Supreme Court in the Ex parte Garland case he can. I don't believe that decision has been overruled.

15. Pax Mentis

Gerald Ford pardoned Richard Nixon in 1974 for "all crimes against the United States" before he had even been charged except for in impeachment proceedings that were cancelled when Nixon resigned.

16. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yup, that is true Pax.... I remember that clearly...

17. Pax Mentis

I remember it quite well because I hated Nixon...yet Hillary makes him look like Mr Rogers...

Hell...Obambam makes him look like Mr Rogers...

18. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Pete's story telling seems more like propaganda, than any semblance of reality. Speculative fiction to scare credulous punters into voting for the Republican Ticket instead of the Democrats. I'm doubtful that it will have much effect, other than to play upon the fears of the choir who are already singing Il Drumpfe's praises.

19. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I spent 20 years fighting wars, believe me when I say this, I really don't want to fight any more! But if it has to be, then I'm up for ONE more go! In the words of George S. Patton; I'm not here to die for my country, I'm here to make them poor bastards die for theirs!!! If I must die, let me go in a hail of bullets and may they find my body atop a pile of smoking brass, and an empty rifle in my hands!

20. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

vote,vote,vote WHY did the ruling class of politicians not say our votes don't mean anything and as I have been saying to all my friends that if hilliary gets on the ticket then she will be elected and the other thing is I really think obummo will declare martial law both things are scary to think of and I think ether will force Americans into another uncivil war

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7