MORE SCARY FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Legion489, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

I can't wait to vote on my Deibold 100% hackable/vote making machine. Why Vote once when you can vote 200-300 time electronically.

Ura-Ki and GOG like this.
  2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

At least you get the pretense of a fair vote having a polling place with election observers. Mine get mailed in and counted by the same party that's been in power here since they started ballot by mail.

Oregon only allows observers during recounts, and only if requested (hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink...). The hand count is performed by the office of the Secretary of State and it's done behind closed doors.

Ura-Ki and GOG like this.
  3. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Here is a little bit more to think on... a what if kinda thing...

suppose the o is on some kinda golfin vacation or some such and a radical removes most or even all of congress and the senate...

or...

this person has trashed the Constitution and Bill of Rights with what SEEMS like the help of many politicians in DC...

he could do pretty much anything he wanted if the rest of our Gov was gone/removed/or helping not stopping him.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

At that point I think the .MIL would take over, until Elections could be held.... Tom Clancy wrote about that Senerio in one of his Jack Ryan Books.....

Ura-Ki and 3M-TA3 like this.
  5. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

In my World of the Chernyi series, the whole of the Congress & sitting pols are taken out and hung from light poles. In response, the military forms the Provisional Military Authority (PMA) steps in to 'act' like a Federal Government until such time as voting can be held. RAH fans should be familiar with the meme (Starship Troopers).

Ura-Ki likes this.
  6. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I wonder what would happen if the grid went down, or Yellowstone or the California supervolcano(I think it's Long Valley?) erupted...or a pandemic....basically what would happen to the elections in the case of a society down scenario?

Ura-Ki likes this.
  7. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

More dead people to vote Democrat - Hillary wins!
    Good point, though, not sure what the process would be. Likely suspension of Constitution and martial law. Whatever strongman emerges becomes President for life.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7