Gear Review MSR Quick 1 titanium Pot

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by stg58, Sep 24, 2014.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

MSR makes nice products with a price to go along but I picked up one of their titanium pots on sale at REI and used my points to bring the cost down more.

It heated water VERY fast with my Biolite stove and strainer on the lid is a nice design feature along with the handle that locks the lid in place for keeping things nested in from spilling out.

Amazon.com : MSR Quick 1 Pot : Camping Pots And Pans : Sports & Outdoors

Copy and paste:
    FEATURES of the Quick 1 by MSR Ultralight: Durable titanium pot shaves ounces from pack weight. Compact: Efficient nesting design saves valuable pack room. SPECIFICATIONS: Height: 3.75 in / 9.53 cm Diameter: 6.75 in / 17.15 cm Weight: 6.6 oz
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015
    melbo, HK_User, tacmotusn and 2 others like this.
  2. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Thanks for the review. I really like the strainer.

3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I like that.

4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn Mosquito Sailor

very nice

5. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I like the strainer too, but also like a fully enclosed lid so it can be used to bake. A strainer and a solid lid would be fantastic! The solid lid could also be a frying pan or plate in a pinch.

6. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

MSR, as well as many other companies (e.g., Glacier, GSI, Snowpeak) have pots with fully enclosed lids that can be used as a pan. You'll have to pick your poison here: do you want a strainer or fully enclosed.

stg58 and Hanzo like this.
  7. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Would be great with a fully enclosed top with strainer holes on the side of it.

8. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Check out the GSI Bugaboo Camper series. Comes with a strainer lid and a pan...and a bunch of other stuff. You can use the strainer on either pot or pan.

[​IMG]

Hanzo and stg58 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7