My Apologies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Many of you fine people know me personally and we are actually friends rather than internet associates, many more of you have become friends through the sharing of information and ideas on this site. I recieved a facebook friend request yesterday morning from my 20 year grandson, he is in the Air Force stationed in Germany. I have not seen the boy since he was five. My daughter hid him from us when we tried to take him while she was in prison for selling heroin. She has been clean for two years now, having completed her prison sentence and mandatory two year rehabilitation as a recovering addict. I was just beginning to make overtures towards mending broken fences with her. I was estatic to hear from young Tristen. I rushed home to show Jimi and we browsed his facebook page and looked at the photos longing to know what kind of man that child had grown into. I went to my computer to write him a letter but there was one from him awaiting me. He said that he wished he could tell me in person or at least have my telephone number so he could call but social media was the only way he could see to reach me. He was in Nashville on emergency familly leave, my daughter had died on the 3rd of July from an over-dose. I haven't been taking calls, not even from family or friends until I can sort this out in my own language. I did write and record a new song called WHite Lady, last night. I just wanted to let those of you that know me understand why I am a bit distant right now. This is a really hard one, just having lost our son four years ago. Anyway, like I told my bat-shit crazy MIL this morning, I'm a freaking rubber-band and will snap right back every time until I break. God bless you.

2. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

:eek: :(

[biggrouphug] to ya n Bug

Tully Mars, Motomom34, 3M-TA3 and 2 others like this.
  3. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

I don't know you, aside from interactions through the forum. But, from a fellow monkey, my thoughts and prayers are for you and your family, during this time. I am quite sure, through Him, you will get everything sorted.

I hope you are able to spend time reacquainting yourself with your grandson. That, in itself, would certainly be a Blessing.

Motomom34, Tempstar, 3M-TA3 and 3 others like this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Condolences from AlaskaChick & I on your Loss, to both You and Bug.... and we are both happy to see that there may be a reconnection to Your GrandSon....

Tully Mars, Motomom34, 3M-TA3 and 3 others like this.
  5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Our thoughts and prayers for you and Bug in these difficult times! Take your time and heal old wounds, and embrace your grand son!

6. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Loss is never easy God Bless you and your family thru this time. [angel]

7. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

My deepest condolences and you and your grandson are in my thoughts and prayers.

Motomom34, Ura-Ki and sec_monkey like this.
  8. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Condolences from all of us at the VT compound. Our thoughts are with you at this time!

9. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I feel for you. It’s terrible when families are torn apart by these things. At least your grandson was able to see the damage it caused his mom and chose a different route in life. I hope y’all are able to move forward in your relationship.
    My daughter had a wreck about 10 years ago because of a drunk driver. Hurt her shoulder. Dr put her on pain meds till they could find a fix for her shoulder. I didn’t realize time went by that fast , but she was on them for 8 years. She kept telling me she didn’t want to take pills for the rest of her life to cope with the pain and I thought that was good. Well I didn’t realize till later she was actually reaching out for help, she was hooked on them and tried getting off of them herself. Well this turned to heroin , because her pills and heroin was basically the same drug minus a few ingredients. Luckily, she didn’t have the mental addiction, just the body addiction. Once I found out, she was relieved in a way, and we got her help , which she actually wanted. It’s been a little over a year now and she’s just about completely drug free. I got custody of her when she was 7 yrs old , and she never had a mom because she got addicted to crack cocaine after we split up. So my daughter knows the hurt that that caused her and I figure that’s what helped her stay away from that crowd. So your grandson may have had the same feelings my daughter had growing up. So good for him for reaching out to you , and best wishes to you and your whole family, hopefully this will bring you all back together. My condolences on your loss. God bless you.

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

And to you, old friend. Bring the boy home and make him welcome.

11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Condolences Sea, May your path to recovery be short and narrow with no more problems of this magnitude

12. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Sometimes when it just gets too deep - I keep this in mind.

[​IMG]

Zimmy, Capt. Tyree, Motomom34 and 5 others like this.
  13. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

Damn mate, so sorry to hear this. I can't understand the loss you must feel (regardless of the trials she was your daughter) but I also see the open door and opportunity you have to build a relationship with your grandson. Take care of yourself and those around you.

14. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

A50E1592-8FA2-4573-A147-220E054F42EB.

15. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

I know how your feeling. Last month my Dad and an uncle passed away. It takes time to heal. I don't have much but if you need anything let me know.

16. Condolences for the loss of your daughter. May your grandson make you proud.

17. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

SIR !
    I have seen this problem with a few REAL good folk & brothers of male I have .
    MY heart is broken as yours hearing this.
    The drugs are the reason the kids change from how we taught , NO WAY BACK !!! NONE
    This I know from seeing it so many times & I have lost count of the deaths .

4-H leader for the Kids !!
    Sloth / N/VT

Be Well & Know you ARE NOT TO BLAME !!
    Make a difference forward SIR !!

You Have Knowledge to show the forward path ^^^^^^^^^^^^

18. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

They say people are placed in our lives at a certain time for a specific purpose. Reconnecting with your Grandson then losing your daughter, a time when he will need you as much as you need him. My heart goes out to your family as you once again deal with the loss of a child. I cannot express how sorry I am for your loss. As you go through this pain of losing your daughter, please know your Monkey family will be praying/thinking of you all.

19. duane

duane Monkey+++

Our prayers are with this in this time of sorrow..It is even harder when you don't have a chance to say good by.

sec_monkey, Motomom34, 3M-TA3 and 2 others like this.
  20. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

My condolences Sea!!!!
    God bless you and your family. Hold all close, time is fleeting!!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7