1. The Topic of the Month for May 2017 is "Motivationals." Please join the discussion on the Survival Topic of the Month forum.

My old man gun

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by GOG, Nov 13, 2015.

1. GOG

GOG Monkey+++ Site Supporter

The stag grips showed up for my Colt Defender today and when I installed them, I thought they look pretty nice. And then I realized I finally had my ultimate old man gun. A handy sized, simple, understated and reliable pistol by a reputable manufacturer in a caliber that starts with four.

How about some of you other folks? What's your go to, makes you happy, special shootin' iron?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Moderator Moderator Site Supporter++

That is a lovely looking Old Man gun. Really like the grips. I have yet to obtain the one that makes me happy. When I do, I will most certainly post it. I know that many have an everyday carry but I often wonder if that is the one that they love or do they carry it due to size and caliber.

GOG likes this.
  3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey Site Supporter

I have larger and I have some that are more to pleasing to the eye but this works best for a EDC.
    [​IMG]
    xds 45 - Google Search

GOG likes this.
  4. chelloveck

chelloveck Shining the light on a truthier truth!

This was my kind of EDC as a 10 year old....I guess it still is :ROFLMAO:

upload_2015-11-15_2-40-28.

Gator 45/70, GOG and Ganado like this.
  5. GOG

Be careful, you'll shoot your eye out. :D

chelloveck likes this.
  6. GOG

The knife is by Jens Jergen Scheimer. It's a custom handmade 4" Utility knife. I'm not sure of the steel because I'm the second owner. But I was struck by how the finish matches the Colt.

7. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey Site Supporter

Stock Photo, not my hand.

GOG likes this.
  8. GOG

Actually I was referring to the potato gun. I'd be just fine carrying an XDS 45. I had a chance to shoot one and I was very impressed with it.

chelloveck likes this.
  9. Tobit

Tobit Ham Extra Class

[​IMG]

chelloveck and GOG like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7