"National Stand Your Ground Law"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OldDude49, Nov 27, 2021.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

think is could be a good thing... doubt it will pass... probably hear claims of wild west n such...

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) said on Thursday that he would introduce a "National Stand Your Ground Law" as a reaction to Kyle Rittenhouse's prosecution.

Gaetz made the announcement on his Firebrand podcast.

"I do not believe in imposing on Americans a duty to retreat when someone else attempts to commit a felony against a victim," the lawmaker opined.

Gaetz said that gun owners on a "stroll" should have the option of killing anyone who threatens them.

READ: The warped history of self-defense law reveals a legacy of privilege

"If someone tries to kill you or beat you or dismember you, return fire and preserve your life," he recommended. "Let's reaffirm in our law what exists in our Constitution and the hearts of our fellow Americans. Stand your ground for America. Abolish the legal duty of retreat everywhere."

Rittenhouse's attorney recently condemned Gaetz and other Republicans after they offered the acquitted killer internships in Congress.

Matt Gaetz to introduce 'National Stand Your Ground Law' as a tribute to Kyle Rittenhouse

HK_User and mysterymet like this.
  2. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

I agree there should be a national stand your ground law along with if you have a concealed weapons permit all states should honor it.
    The states that do not honor any other state's concealed carry permits are:
    • California.
    • Connecticut.
    • Hawaii.
    • Illinois.
    • Maryland.
    • Massachusetts.
    • Montana (does not honor from Delaware, D.C., Hawaii, Maine, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island)
    • New Jersey.
    • New York

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    HK_User, Gator 45/70 and OldDude49 like this.
  3. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

too many politicians will vote against both... think there was a time years gone that the 2nd and stand your ground was honored nation wide...

but pretty sure if such was the case that was long ago...

HK_User, johnbb and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

It is a 120 mile round trip to renew my permit. Cost has gone from $60 to $115. Fuel is $3.99/ gallon. You have to make a reservation with the Sheriff's department and essentially blow an entire day stuck in a bastion of liberal waste to get through the process. It is essentially a hardship for most who live in rural areas. My State has no reciprocity in any other state other than those with constitutional carry laws. There is a need for National affirmation of the 2A and an end to this overreach by the States.

Cruisin Sloth, Ura-Ki and johnbb like this.
  5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Agreed! At least i'm right in the heart of the county and have a very pro 2nd Sheriff, so actually getting a permit or renewing it is a fairly simple deal!
    This state really needs to clean out the capital of all the riff-raff democraps and rhinos, adopt constitutional carry with no restrictions so we can carry concealed or openly, to include long guns, and remove all anti 2nd restrictions on our god given rights!
    On the other side, enforce existing laws or get rid of them, enforce punishments for criminals and hold politicians accountable for any misdeeds! Bring back the death penalty and use it, you make mistakes, you own them and owe society to do the best job in prosecution so that mistakes are NOT made, politics are not allowed, and the MSM are not allowed inside a court until after it's all over!

Dunerunner likes this.
  6. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

I renew mine online.

Dunerunner likes this.
  7. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

SC now has open carry if you have a CWP cost me 5o bucks to renew for 5 years just had to fill a form out and mail it in with payment got it back in a week ----super easy

Ura-Ki and HK_User like this.
  8. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

So you've given up your 2d Amendment rights...

...if you have to pay for it, it isn't a right!

Mountainman likes this.
  9. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

WIN right there

Ura-Ki likes this.
  10. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

That's true but what can you do --a government by the people for the people does not exist

11. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

TN dropped the permit requirement for carry in state. I had a permit from before the change and will renew it simply to have reciprocity with other States.

12. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

In the New York gun case that was just heard by the supreems, one of the justices referenced the absolute right of self defense, the press missed that but wont be surprised if there is an outlier in the decision that confirms the right to defend and not run.

13. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

And that is the point of doing what we have to legally regain our 2nd rights. We did not lose them over night and we will not regain them over night. One step at a time in a legal battle to help our off spring to have the freedom we once had.

Better to let the whiners be whipped one at a time in the courts so this battle will be won, for a while anyway.

Or we could do as the left wants and go full bore and attack, but that is what they want and always has been, so they could blame freedom lovers as cold stone gun freaks instead of law abiding citizens.

Biden and company are playing this to the hilt and have devised various ways to anger the right into doing what the left wants.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    Ura-Ki and CraftyMofo like this.
  14. cpaspr

cpaspr Monkey+++

Add in Oregon.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7