Need Podcast Recommendations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Motomom34, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I have been listening to podcasts on my commute and really enjoy them. I usually listen to The Patriot Trading group. I am looking for podcast recommendations. I like financial, conservative type programs. I have not found any that talk about survival/prepper stuff. I want something to think about, not someplace that tells me how to think. Alternative news is good. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

GOG, Tully Mars, Seepalaces and 2 others like this.
  2. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

I don't have anything to contribute or recommend, but I will gladly record my wife when she starts in on me and send you the recordings. It would at least provide you with some comic relief during your commute.

GOG, Tully Mars, Dunerunner and 6 others like this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

You might try Dan Carlin’s. “Hardcore History”

Zimmy, Dunerunner, Motomom34 and 3 others like this.
  4. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

That could be categorized as inspirational material. Because listening to that would in no way add any inspiration to get married again. :D

5. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

I love freakonomics podcast and motley fool podcast.

6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

No thank you. I hear my married friends p & m about their spouses enough. Makes me thankful that I am single.

7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

The motley fool podcast mentioned the Johnson & Johnson story. https://www.fool.com/podcasts/motley-fool-money/ That is one story I had not heard much of on regular radio. These are the types of podcasts I was looking for.

@BTPost thank you, his web site says common sense. That is also what I was hoping for. Dan Carlin

8. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I listened to a podcast a few weeks ago , 1st one ever . It was a guy talking about student debts , and how much money the loan companies make on student loans . It said a student in America defaults on a loan about every 7 seconds , and that's more money in their pocket .

Grandpa Patch, Motomom34 and oldman11 like this.
  9. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

You could start with the basics of prepping. Why, and the 3b's(beans,bullets,band aids). Than expand from there. We have to know why we're prepping and for what. Example, I'm in a hurricane prone area. Use Katerina as an example. Sheep need to be motivated to think for themselves. If you need any more ideas for your podcast I've got plenty of subject matter to discuss.

Seepalaces likes this.
  10. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

I listen to Aaron Clarey @ Captain Capitalism
    He mainly concentrates on the manoshpere, but is very heavily against worthless college degrees and the massive amount of debt these graduates leave school with to find employment as a barista at their local Starbuck’s.

Motomom34, Oddcaliber and Seepalaces like this.
  11. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I am not running a podcast but listening to them. I am hoping to find shows that give me the off-beat news and help me to know what is really going on in the world. I found the Casual Prepper and they are fun to listen to.

Zimmy and Oddcaliber like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7