New dog pound

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by fedorthedog, Jul 17, 2022.

1. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I post almost 2 years ago that I was leaving Washington for freedom. The valley I am in has been subjected to retards who want to eliminate master and overseer from the Grange and substitute president and VP, I voted against this. People of the city are coming here to tell cows they can be bulls.

My time has been spent trying to catch up on the work I needed to do. 30 years of 2 house (mine and the folks) plus 4 car, becoming 6 as the kids drove, put me behind. A couple divorces ended me up with 3 houses to maintain and 8 car.

The lid has finally lifted. 3 of my properties across the street from my home are in contract and hopefully sold. I owe a small amount on a second on that, but will see a good amount of useless frn from the sale. Enough to buy 40acres in a free state, or maybe a house and 10 to 20.

So the dog is on the move what advise does the pack have for the dog?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
  2. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Real estate prices are crazy right now. Hopefully you can find something in a nice red state!

3. Out in the woods

Out in the woods off-grid in-the-forest beekeeper

I would not buy real estate right now. Anyone doing so is going to pay way more than what it is worth, though I am happy for you that you have been able to market your real estate. Just dont buy right now.

I do not know what to invest in at this time. I have never trusted the stock market. I have always invested in rentals. I would think of something to put your money into for a year that can compete against inflation.

Then put your shyte in storage and go off-grid camping for a year. It sounds like you need time and space to clear your head.

I was overseer at my Grange up until about two years ago. Just as we would get a new member one would die and another would quit. There was nobody left to help put on suppers or any of our events. My wife and I were no longer up to being so involved and always serving. It had become too much of a burden on us.

4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Sell and then run like Hell! Wait till the bubble pops and then scoop up a nice place some place DEEP RED!

5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I heard of something called an Inflation bond ,, said it paid about 10% on investment. But there is a limited amount you can put in .
    Congrats on finally catching a break.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Know ahead of time that I am always right but nobody listens so I don't give advice so much anymore. But if it were me I would sell everything while the prices are high, put every cent I didn't need to survive into Bitcoin while the prices are at historic lows and then wait a year for them to reverse. Then sell all the BTC I didn't need to survive and put all that money into the decimated real estate market where I would collect passive income for the rest of my life doing what ever the hell I wanted. Some professional investors, like Warren Buffet, think BTC will go down more where they plan on buying it all up. I doubt it will get much lower. The bottom is $17k right now. That is where I got it.

Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
  7. enloopious

...as far as moving, I would go some place like California where you can, not only get free everything, but you can also help make it a red state again. That's the battle front. If you want to win the war you go there. If you want to escape the war you go to Texas.

...although Nevada is nice too with fully auto weapons.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

If I had to move to California,, I'd probably make the news as one of them mass shooters ,,, if I had to for sure live in a 100% commie state ,,, not sure I could do it .

9. enloopious

I think you would be surprised when you get there. The stories you hear are mostly in one specific area.

CraftyMofo, natshare and SB21 like this.
  10. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Right? I tell people all the time, that if you looked at a county voting map of NY, CA & TX, they'd all look pretty much the same. A sea of RED, surrounding little puddles of BLUE.
    The only difference? In TX, the red outnumbers the blue. In NY and CA, the blue outnumbers the red. :cry::rolleyes:

In fact, if NY state cut NYC off as its own separate entity, the rest of the state would be much closer to "purple". But those 8 million nitwits in the Big Rotten Apple continue to F**K UP the rest of the state!! :mad:

SB21, enloopious and CraftyMofo like this.
  11. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

California would be a nice place minus almost all of the people! I'm forever planning a road-trip out West, but large cities are not on my itinerary. I want to see the land...the parks, farms and ranches.

enloopious, CraftyMofo and SB21 like this.
  12. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Those days were in the 70's to 80's , now (2008) my last trip across NA and Mexico , USA has gone straight down or closed them ''
    Sloth

Gator 45/70 and enloopious like this.
  13. enloopious

If you go north be sure to check out the redwoods, Solvang, Big Sur, and the parks. If you go south check out Encinitas, the Salton Sea, Big Bear, and Death Valley.

Also you can go out to the desert and shoot guns all day long.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

So just did a cross country trip to see grandkids in Billings then a buddy in Georgia. Stopped and looked at land and homes in Idaho and Montana on the way out. Prices are dropping and my land sale is done so I have cash in hand. Flew the wife to St Louis to meet me on the way back and then seven days in Montana and Idaho. Looking like Idaho county is going to have to put up with me. Made an offer on 20 acres with 3 bed house half trees half pasture and professionally built pond off a gravel county road. House has 200 foot elevation advantage over the road and a nice view. Place to level off for the shop and room for a barn. I will post pics if they take the offer. State land less than a mile. Waiting on the seller.

15. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I missed a couple things prior owner was fire wise so steel roof and cement siding plus a 2000 gallon cistern

16. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Good luck on the purchase ,,, sounds like a nice place .

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Inspections done and accepted close a week from friday. The new dog pound. I figure another 6 months to finish the sell out of 2 houses in Washington and be done. then a big shop gets built.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SB21, oldawg, enloopious and 3 others like this.
  18. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Love that tactical driveway!

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

NICE
    Sloth

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  20. enloopious

That's some beautiful scenery. I have driven all over the country, not every state, but close. The most beautiful places I've seen so far are in CO.

SB21 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7