New Monkey Voice Chat?

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by Motomom34, Jun 23, 2018.

?
  1. Yes- sign me up

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. No thank you

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. Undecided

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

In the past, MindGrinder kindly provided and ran Team Speak. It was a secure place where members could sign on and voice chat with each other. Many evenings were spent laughing, solving the worlds problems and hashing out different prepping issues. TS provided members an opportunity to voice chat with each other but still protecting their privacy.

There has been an expressed interest in starting a new Monkey Chat. Instead of using Team Speak, it has been suggested that Discord be used. Discord - Free Voice and Text Chat So I am asking members, would you be interested in joining up to chat with fellow members? Please note, voice chat is not associated with Survival Monkey. This new Monkey Chat would be for members of SM.

DuxDawg, 3M-TA3, sec_monkey and 4 others like this.
  2. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

I'm interested but need to make sure Shitbook, Microdouche, Google, Yahoo and other .goob spying agencies are not directly involved in it.

3. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I for it but I am not willing to manage TS, it's too time consuming for me right now, we do need an encrypted program.

3M-TA3, Dont, Gator 45/70 and 4 others like this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I cannot do technical. Skype is a PIA so something that is easy and semi-secure is okay with me. @DarkLight may know of a program. Also @Brokor

5. Mountainman

Agreed. I trusted MG's setup to a point but never gave up any info that would let anyone listening discreetly have any real info about me besides my first name and general location. The problem with a new unsecured chatting setup is if we talked like we used to on TS it would be obvious pretty quick that you are listening to preppers.

6. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I'm in...

7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I'm in! But, as others have mentioned, OPSEC is still going to be a top concern, so if it's something we can vett properly, I'm down! Moto, Tully, I'm gonna talk yer ears off! Lol

3M-TA3, Motomom34, snake6264 and 3 others like this.
  8. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

we can probably come up with somethin yall but we cant guarantee nuthin

really :cautious: :cautious: about Discord

3M-TA3, Ura-Ki and Mountainman like this.
  9. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Well... Here I go again! I will have to see how broadband and a new TS will work for me, but I'am game..

Motomom34, sec_monkey and Mountainman like this.
  10. sec_monkey

we have found some free software that should werk (y) (y)

it is semi-secure**** but we cant guarantee nuthin

DuxDawg, Mountainman and Motomom34 like this.
  11. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Off-Topic: When someone rings you, having dialed a wrong number, answer and whisper into the phone, "It's done. But, there's blood everywhere." Then, hang up. :D :D

12. sec_monkey

:eek: :ROFLMAO:

13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

You are :cautious::cautious: about most people, places and things. that is why you are security monkey. :)

[Moto]

DuxDawg, Ura-Ki, Ganado and 7 others like this.
  14. sec_monkey

thanks Moto [Moto] [Moto]

15. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

I could come up with a few "names" for @sec_monkey. But, I don't think they are polite enough for mixed company. :D :D

EDIT: Just kiddin', Sec. Don't ban me, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease! :D

Ura-Ki, 3M-TA3 and sec_monkey like this.
  16. sec_monkey

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

17. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

I will never use it due to problems with speaking but sounds like something great for most everyone else.

sec_monkey likes this.
  18. Mountainman

Can you post a link with info about it?

sec_monkey likes this.
  19. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I'm not really a chatty kinda guy on any Media other than face to face.

I can't do it at work because of duty. I can't do it driving for safety. And Mrs. Zimmy would get a burr under her saddle for me talking to mysterious sexy available preppers of low moral virtues instead of her. (Her assumptions, of course)

Now, if y'all showed up in person and it all proved true, she'd happily prattle on about her livestock, garden, homemade medicine, and hunting experiences. Probably throw in a dirty joke while mixing up shine and lemonade for sitting around the fire.

23 years.....I still love her.

20. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

2FF @Asia-Off-Grid

Ura-Ki, Asia-Off-Grid and sec_monkey like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7