New Song for the Songwriter's Brunch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I was invited to play at a local club for brunch with a lot of other songwriters and realized that my songwriting is not nearly as prolific as it was prior to all this dissention everywhere. Last night, I wrote this little ditty to play there, it is a brunch after-all...that's sort of a combination of breakfast and lunch with bloody Marys that has replaced two meals working people do for those that still live in their parent's basement and such... upload_2021-10-14_11-45-49.
    Down at the pool hall playing 8-ball with an old friend I haven't seen in a while\
    Drinking long-necks, smoking other people's cigarettes and telling dirty jokes that make me smile.
    Put some change in the juke-box, the band was on break and they really suck,
    a round of shots hit the spot
    I mind my own business, it just is what it is, but man that woman looked hot.
    She was wearing hot-pants, she asked me to dance, I could read between the lines
    So we got in my pick-up, couldn't believe my bad luck, She had a penis and it was bigger than mine.
    Transgender is a mind bender that I don't understand
    A beautiful woman that's actually a man...
    She had all the features I've come to admire
    but that second Mr. Happy just put out the fire.
    I'd like to tell you just how this story ends cause I ain't seen my friend in a while
    Ain't been back to the pool hall, don't want to play 8-ball and dirty jokes no longer make me smile.
    I learned quite a lesson so it was really a blessing, I guess she really opened my eyes.
    I suppose I am confessing some things don't need messing with, especially that kind of surprise...
    So if you ever find yourself with someone else and in that awkward spot... upload_2021-10-14_11-46-49.
    damn your luck, just get out of the truck, It will never be forgot.
    Trans-gender is a mind bender that I don't understand
    Why would a woman need a penis if she's really a man?
    She has everything a man could need or desire
    but that second Mr. Happy just put out the fire.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  2. Seacowboys

Well, I just got a call from the management at this 'Songwriter's" thing, telling me I couldn't play that song because they were expecting a lot of "Church" people to show up. I really think that anyone that would take their children straight from church to a bar for a late breakfast would have enough sense of humor to laugh at a funny song. I might go and support some of the other writers but I will not be performing, as this violates everything I believe in about the creative process.

Gator 45/70, SB21 and duane like this.
  3. Seacowboys

Getting a lot of "accept it" flack from some of the songwriter's forums so I'll quote Dave Chappelle here, "You can shoot a nigger and get away with it, but you better not hurt a Queer's feelings..."

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

You tell’em Sea…

5. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

People going straight from a church to a bar and bringing their children - not exactly the kind of church-goers I grew up with.

Being present in a den of iniquity where alcohol of the drinking variety was consumed or stored could be considered a sin.

One sip of bourbon and it was the Lake of Fire for you!

6. Seacowboys

Maybe I should try this one?
    The headline from Mother-Earth News says God is just my Baby-daddy

He don’t come around when I need help, that’s why things turn out badly

I work three jobs to feed my kids and keep them all in clothes

New Nike shoes and a covid mask to protect them from the cold

I don’t hear much talk about “Freedom” any more

Liberty is a thing from the past.

There were not enough farmers left to turn plows into swords

And Freedom could not last

I don’t hear much talk about love anymore