NRA Membership rate hike coming, reduced rate offer

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by stg58, Jan 23, 2016.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+ Founding Member

If you are thinking of joining or renewing your NRA membership the link below has some good pricing.

NRA DUES WILL INCREASE AS OF MARCH 1, 2016 - ACT NOW!

NRA 2016

Marck, Yard Dart, Tully Mars and 2 others like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Moderator Moderator Site Supporter++

I set in my renewal a few weeks ago. Good heads up @stg58

Marck and stg58 like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Monkey

No matter what you think of the NRA, membership numbers send a clear message to Washington. It is a worth while investment.

I converted my current membership to a Life Membership.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  4. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King Site Supporter

Once they bought in so heavily to compromise, all my support went to GOA...

5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Moderator Moderator Site Supporter++

My thoughts on the NRA is they are the front line in the 2A battle. They take all the heat after every incident. Because of the NRA getting all the heat, all the bad press etc.... all the other organizations are free to do the ground work and not have to waste their funds on defense from the MSM & politicians.

Marck, 3M-TA3, stg58 and 1 other person like this.
  6. stg58

It IMHO is great that we have GOA and the NRA fighting for the second in DC.

The NRA has many educational programs that GOA does not have and Larry Pratt and GOA are a real thorn in the sides of the anti gun crowd.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

My CC class today, included a free membership. I'm back in. (At least until the constant begging begins again.)

Marck and stg58 like this.
  8. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

The NRA and GOA has been so successful at the national level, that the gun grabbers have changed their strategy to the state level. By all means please continue to support them, but don't forget your state organizations. Not only do I support OFF in my state , but help to support neighboring states as well. Bloomberg and his minions are like a cancer that never runs out of money. BTW, I have fully divested all investments and retirement from anyting Bloomberg related. Eff him and the 16 oz or smaller soft drink cup he rode in on...

9. In my opinion, there are better groups to get behind for 2A support. The NRA may be the biggest, but they are not the best.

Second Amendment Foundation
    Home

A couple very worthwhile to look into

Marck, Mountainman and Pax Mentis like this.
  10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

This is exactly the type of state level organization I was talking about above and one of those I contribute to on a regular basis..

Marck, Mountainman and Pax Mentis like this.
  11. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King Site Supporter

SAF is also a great org....they are actually "taking out" infringements state by state. I am not saying NRA is bad, they just seem to focus on keeping it from getting as much worse as opposed to fighting the infringements that exist. It has been nice the last year or so to finally see them start addressing issues with concealed (and, to some extent, open) carry. That failure in prior years was what drove me away...they are the National Rifle Association after all.
    [peep][gun2]

Marck, Motomom34 and Mountainman like this.
  12. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

If you get a chance to go to the annual convention they offer Life Time memberships for a steal.

When it was in PHX a few years ago, i paid $500 for a LT membership. And got a cool pig sticker to boot

Marck and Motomom34 like this.
  13. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

They offered that deal at this class, with two polymer serrated push daggers.
    I declined. And if they start blowing up my mailbox again, I'll cancel it again. Enough of that crap. Spend my money on something more productive than begging me for more money!

Marck and Pax Mentis like this.
  14. stg58

And right now $500 for lifetime with a $25 a month plan.The same as GOA. ???

EDIT added most of the NRA "gifts" are chicom made:(

[​IMG]
    Life Membership - $500 $1,500 after 02/29/2016
    SAVE $1,000 and receive our Ridgeline Pathfinder Backpack - $135 value! See details

[​IMG]
    Enlarge

Easy Pay Life Membership - $500 $1,500 after 02/29/2016
    Please select an installment option: $25 monthly $25 quarterly

SAVE $1,000 and receive our NRA Black & Tan Cap See details
    [​IMG]
    Enlarge

One Year Membership - $30 $40 after 02/29/2016
    SAVE $10 and receive NRA's Rosewood Handle Knife See details
    [​IMG]
    Enlarge

Two Year Membership - $55 $75 after 02/29/2016
    SAVE $20 and receive our NRA Black & Tan Cap See details
    [​IMG]
    Enlarge

Three Year Membership - $75 $100 after 02/29/2016
    SAVE $25 and receive the official NRA Travel Mug See details
    [​IMG]
    Enlarge

[​IMG]
    Five Year Membership - $100 $140 after 02/29/2016
    SAVE $40 and receive NRA's exclusive Carbon Fiber Knife See details
    [​IMG]
    Enlarge

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    Marck, AD1, Motomom34 and 1 other person like this.
  15. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey++

Life member since '96. Don't worry about dues increases.

They've compromised in the past, something I don't agree with. Every time they compromise we get yet another onerous gun control law. The background check may not have been too bad an idea at the time, but now the left has included misdemeanor domestic violence as a lifetime dis-qualifier.

They want to build on that to include the no-fly list and the terror watch list. Ted Kennedy wound up on the no fly list. And if your name gets on it, there's no getting it off unless you're politically well connected. Doesn't matter if it's a mistake.

Just one example of how a simple background check has ballooned out of control. If the left had their way, you'd be permanently disqualified from owning a firearm if you've ever had a ticket for so much as jaywalking, all enabled and verified through the background check system.

16. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

how many other Constitutional Rights require a background check to exercise them? The Right to Assembly as guaranteed in the First Amendment now requires some form of government/institutional approval in most cities/colleges, so it may not be far behind.

17. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Everytime a new law is ontroduced that moves us two steps closer to full confiscation the NRA fights tooth and nail to only get us one step closer. And they call it a victory! LaPierre and gang are politicians. GOA is the only org worth my hard earned dollars.

BTPost likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7