NYPD... New Yorks finest in action...

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by CaboWabo5150, Aug 22, 2012.

1. CaboWabo5150

CaboWabo5150 Hell's coming with me

Fucking cop shoots the guys dog.... And never does try to help the guy having the seizure...

2. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Freaking amazing! The actions of the LEOs was bad enough but the complete disregard for the suffering of both the man and his dog afterward by BOTH LEO and Citizen ................WTF!

tulianr and CaboWabo5150 like this.
  3. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Did help me remember why I have so a low opinion of humanity in general .

Alpha Dog and CaboWabo5150 like this.
  4. CaboWabo5150

CaboWabo5150 Hell's coming with me

Not a pretty picture for sure. I can't believe one of them didn't put the dog down. There sure are a lot of people standing in the path of the ricochet if the cop would have missed the dog. I wonder if he had missed and had hit a pedestrian would they all just walk around that person too while they bleed out.

oldawg and tacmotusn like this.
  5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I would say that the officer who discharged his firearm in such a crowded situation is very very lucky his shot hit nothing breathing except the dog. The potential for an downward angled shot with such an amount of pavement and concrete for a richochette is very high. He could have easily killed an innocent passerby or lookyloo. Shoot, don't shoot discipline was very poor. This guy needs to ride a desk, control traffic at an ER, get some remedial training, or have his badge and gun taken away from him. Then to not get or give medical care to the man down who had the seizure is just beyond words. This is definately not a pretty picture of NYC's supposedly "finest".

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I can't believe how these 2 jackwad's did not shoot each other in the leg...

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I don't know which of them took the shot (or even if one did, couldn't hear it or see it on the recording; witnesses said they did. YMMV) but the guy on the right was holding a pepper spray in his left hand. And those two were both in line if the other shot, and at just the right angle to take a ricochet. There was a stain on the street where the dog was downed. Blood, or lost control of it's bladder when sprayed, I don't know.

Toward the end, animal control (or somebody) had a loopstick on the dog, so it was still alive. The poor victim hadn't moved a muscle.

Ten minutes of recording, 40(?) cops and zero EMTs even if they could get an ambulance thru the cop car traffic jam. Not rendering aid, well, that's just not right. One of those clowns must have had some smattering of knowledge that could have been put to use, even if just monitoring life signs until the medics showed up.

8. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I would Love to have 15 min with these Ba$Tards what is wrong with these guys today I have been bit trying to help people who have their dogs with them. Do I shoot the dog I havn't had to yet I mean if it was life or death to the person that I get to him or the dog was trying to rip my throat out I wouldn't have a choice. There was two Officers why didn't one check the guy and the other provide cover keeping the dog back or used a tazer I have had to do that. Which most of the time just arking them up the animal will run. This is NY there was no justification for this one could have kept the dog back while waiting on animal control I think they have aroud 50 humane officers for the city. I hope they have to pay for this one and both of them end up working at McDonalds.

Cephus, BTPost, oldawg and 2 others like this.
  9. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Ghrit, you need to kill the background noise around you and listen to the video again. As Hard of hearing as I am, I clearly heard the shot. jus sayin ..... so I guess My M does V

10. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Ghrit, the gunshot and the dog's howls are clearly heard.The dog was still weakly trying to move at about five minutes into the video.Five freaking minutes that no one tried to assist either man or dog.These sort of things show up more and more everyday.It puts the good cops in a crossfire.Yes I know cops aren't policing their own as well as they should. But in this instance it looks like a whole bunch of LEOs need to be gone.Or sent down here for a conference with our local cops.Used and bloody uniforms for sale.Not one citizen tried to help. Had I not at least tried I'd never be able to use a mirror to shave ever again.

11. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

If you had tried to help, the NYPD would have probably shot you, this is the same department that shot an unarmed man 41 times for trying to show them his ID

12. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Well the dog was barking at the cop (showing aggression). When it turned and started to go after a bystander to the left the situation changed. The dog then went after the cop on the left. It looks like the officer to the right did the shooting based on the very brief glimpse of smoke that I saw drifting from right to left just above the dog. He's lucky he didn't shoot the cop on the left. This dog appeared only to be protecting his owner and can't be faulted for that. It had no way of knowing that 'officer safety' trumps all other concerns. Even life and death...of everybody and anything that isn't a cop anyway.

My gripe with them is in the aftermath. Neither checked the status of the man lying on the sidewalk. Piss poor police procedure and even worse example of their complete lack of humanity. Very sad state of affairs. No duty to protect any individual and they take that to heart. Their only mission is to protect the interests of the people & system that is in place to provide for them. And that ain't you the victim of the tax theft system.

I really can't fault the bystanders either. Fear of cop runs rampant throughout our society these days as it should based upon all the stunning examples of cops outright killing or abusing people who weren't quick enough to bend a knee to their superior status. I can't say for sure how I would react in a similar situation until I am directly confronted with one but I'd like to say I'd do what ever it took to do the right thing; however, let's be real. I too see how cops treat people and have taken many of those lessons to heart. I fear their wanton disregard for the safety and well being of everybody this side of the thin blue line. I would never teach a child to seek help from a cop. I cannot trust a one of 'em. Call the cops if you must but be prepared for whatever they bring to the table. It may just be you they decide to reign down justice upon.

Byte

13. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

6+ Minutes and I didn't see a jack boot check to see on the guy who was having a seizure.
    Ok, neither did any of the bystanders. So just goes to show that 'to protect and serve' have a subtitle :: Their own and their masters.

I guess that's why i hate the big city. Full of idiots.

CaboWabo5150, Alpha Dog and oldawg like this.
  14. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Frickin' P.W.B. (That's Punks With Badges.) Wood shed time I would suggest.

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  15. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

More like 'pink slip' time! [reddevil]

CaboWabo5150 likes this.
  16. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Either way, some shouldn't be able to carry badges. What happened in this world to taking care of problems in house? Apathy kills. I like how in some of the comments on the vid that some say, The man should be responsible for the behavior of his dog. And pray tell how exactly should the guy on the ground who was flopping like a fish, take charge of his dog? People as a species are getting dumber by the day. It's a disgusting example of oxygen thieves at work. I see that maybe, just maybe, they were scared of the big bad doggy and felt justified in shooting it. The thing that strikes me is their apparent lack of apathy to the victim and lack of proper weapons control. They looked more like mall security than police officers. The wrong ones have the badges. Look at all the by-standers as well. They don't want to get involved because it's easier to ignore situations than do anything about it. What about the man that beats his wife or kids? So many people say they won't do anything because it's not their problem. So many say that she'll just go running back to him. What's the deal? People afraid to stand up for what is right because it might put them in harm's way or make them feel uncomfortable? Society is not so civilized.

17. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

Just another prime example of why it is wise to be as far away from the city as you can be.
    I would rather take the bite from the dog than have a weapon discharged in that area (and yes, I have been bitten a couple of different times by dogs, on the second one, I took 37 stitches in my left leg). WAY too crowded to discharge a gun over a dog! Wouldnt pepper spray be effective?
    I really have a hard time watching these "officers" doing this crap. What the flyin hell is this world coming to?

18. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Yep, In monkeys I have trust. The rest of them, I think they've lost their humanity to the boob tube.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7